• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another death?

The future of each cast member is in jeapordy

Spoiler:
    shannon may be nex
    but will anyone follow her and who?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    The future of each cast member is in jeapordy

Spoiler:
    shannon may be nex
    but will anyone follow her and who?
    Really where did you get that from?

As long as it is not Sawyer I'm trying to live with it!

Comment

Through a lot of websites, there is a thread on here for what happens somwhere on this board as well. It is only definate about the person I mentioned above, but they are on thin ice, they can be axed with 24 hours notice, so any character could potentionally go at any time, then again, it may never happen
      Last edited by The Signal; 08 November 2005, 08:44 AM.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

The whole cast can just be fired with 24 hours notice that's harsh

Comment

Sadly, I'm sitting here thinking I'll just skip LOST tonight & read about it somewhere. I'm tired of people getting bumped off just to draw in an audience.

Comment

Is it going to be Sawyer? I know he fights an infection of some kind... too bad though, he's kinda cool.
            Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
              Here in Michigan we are (unfortunately) an at will state. That essentially means that if you don't have a contract with your employer then they can terminate you without reason anytime they feel like it.

Comment

They (Flight 815 survivors) are in a hostile environment, with access to modern foods, medicines, equipment etc... with a limited population that has little survival and/or military training are facing an unknown enemy that has numerous tactical advantages (they know the lay of the land, accustomed to living in the weeds, hardened to their environment, possibly and probably xenophobic to outsiders).

With this combination it is inevitable that people will die.

Originally posted by prion
                Sadly, I'm sitting here thinking I'll just skip LOST tonight & read about it somewhere. I'm tired of people getting bumped off just to draw in an audience.

Comment

Well, it may be Sawyer, because of his wound, but I doubt it, seeing as the next death (i presume) will be towards the end of the season. My money is on Sun, protecting her husband, plus I have lost interest in her character since she started speaking English now and again, Jin on the other hand, is still an interesting character to me. As long as Hurley is still there, I am OK with whoever it is

Comment

Originally posted by jmallx
                    They (Flight 815 survivors) are in a hostile environment, with access to modern foods, medicines, equipment etc... with a limited population that has little survival and/or military training are facing an unknown enemy that has numerous tactical advantages (they know the lay of the land, accustomed to living in the weeds, hardened to their environment, possibly and probably xenophobic to outsiders).

With this combination it is inevitable that people will die.
                    Very true, but still... it gets tiresome. they bump off characters on TV for ratings.

Comment

Sawyer seems too obvious to be the one, as Boone did last year. I hope they play the show out smarter then that.

prion, I agree with you 100%.
                      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                      Individuality is freedom lived.
                      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Why do you feel Boone was the obvious one to die last year?
                        I'd rather have seen Shannon die ASAP 1st season. She was obviously useless and a whiner. Decent eye candy but seems to lack the skills/drive to make it on an island or in society on anything other than her looks.

P.S. Perhaps its just her whole attitude that turns me off.

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                        Sawyer seems too obvious to be the one, as Boone did last year. I hope they play the show out smarter then that.

prion, I agree with you 100%.

Comment

They can't just be fired like that. They have contracts and that's what started all the rumors about
                          Spoiler:
                          Maggie Grace being the one who was going to die. They had to renegotiate her contract with her agency so they all knew about it. Then when she started taking more movie deals it gave the gossip backing.
                          I would think that if they were smart they would start putting in some sort of "character death" clause that lets them kill off the characters without having to go thru negotiations to do it.
                          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Sure, they could do that, and open themselves up to a whopping lawsuit as they'd have agents and whatnot suing their butts off for breach of contract. Plus the show would tank without a cast, so then where would they be?

Glad I've gotten off the LOST train... passed on last night's episode and instead read the news this morning. I get the feeling they'll be killing off characters in February too, as guess what, another sweeps period!

Comment

Originally posted by jmallx
                              Why do you feel Boone was the obvious one to die last year?
                              I'd rather have seen Shannon die ASAP 1st season. She was obviously useless and a whiner. Decent eye candy but seems to lack the skills/drive to make it on an island or in society on anything other than her looks.

P.S. Perhaps its just her whole attitude that turns me off.
                              Actually what made Boone the obvious one to go last season was how bad his accident left him. But looking at the character, his and Shannons' relationship deteriorated and Sayid came into her life. He was like a puppy dog (don't mean the "puppy dog" statement to be offensive) following Locke around. Boone at this point became a useless character and easy to get rid of and still have the shock factor.
                              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                              Individuality is freedom lived.
                              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
                              X