This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kara Thrace/Starbuck Appreciation Thread

I haven't seen a thread yet for appreciating the phenomenal Starbuck character, so I thought I'd try my hand at starting my own thread. Sorry if this is a repeat, I really did go through all the BSG threads and only saw one for a pro Lee/Thrace shipper thread. I have a shipper for those two, but I wanted also a thread for appreciating the fantastic nature of the Starbuck character in female form.

So post pictures, discuss what you like and don't like about the character. Just please no flaming here. We can discuss what we like and dislike about a character in a civilized manner yes? Good...

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
    Photobucket

Good call! Yes Katee Sackhoff is the bees knees, it's something to do with her crooked smile
    Arthur Dent: On Earth we have..
    Ford Prefect: Had.
    Arthur Dent: Had... this thing called tact.

Comment

Great character and actress...I'll discuss more later

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
        I haven't seen a thread yet for appreciating the phenomenal Starbuck character,....
        There is one but it is buried in the recesses of the BSG folder.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

No Starbucks Meetings On 'Galactica'

But on a happier note, love her character, flaws and all.

Comment

Oh yeah, I read about that. I think I love Katee Sackhoff even more for it
            so put that in your pipe and smoke it,
            hahahaha

But Starbuck rocks! Favourite character on the show, and that's saying alot when there's not a single character I don't love (well, except maybe Cain )

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
              No Starbucks Meetings On 'Galactica'

But on a happier note, love her character, flaws and all.
              I didn't know that about the original Starbuck. How sad if this article really is the truth. The original actors should be more supportive of this show. It not only brings back the BSG series but I think it also casts more light on the original and makes people interested in it. I, for one, never watched the original and now since seeing the new one, am intrigued and have gone back and watched some of the original episodes.

Also Blue I love your sig, very beautifully done!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
              Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                There is one but it is buried in the recesses of the BSG folder.
                Ahh. I did look quite hard and didn't see it. Musta skimmed past it on accident. Well consider this a revitilization and continuation of that thread. Cheers!

The Universe is Mad
                Photobucket

Comment

My favourite Starbuck moment was in KLG-II. Helo's redirecting Starbuck's shots at Caprica Boomer and then he tells her Boomer's pregnant, Kara screams in absolute anguish and falls to the ground.

IMHO, that was probably the most realistic and viscerally convincing scene of the series so far, They'd survived a holocaust, they'd survived countless attacks, they lost friends, but they hadn't been betrayed by a friend. So she just breaks, it was incredible, and just reinforced that however much the Battlestar Galactica is a science fiction story with a space fleet, android nemeses, a rich mystical background, it is about the characters. Starbuck just happens to be one of the best actors on the show.

Apparently Katee added it in, too, it wasn't scripted.

Comment

My favourite dramatic moment would have to be when she confesses to Adama about her part in Zak's death. Or when Leoben is about to be spaced in Flesh and Bone.

Favourite lighthearted moment would be 'Lee Adama loves me'. Incredibly immature, but funny.

Comment

My favourite dramatic moment would have to be when she confesses to Adama about her part in Zak's death.
                      No kidding. I thought for a second that the Commander might deck her, but of course his character has more depth than that.

Comment

Starbucks my number one favourite on the show with CMDR Adama a close second.

Very attractive girl too with a nice laugh and killer attitude.

Comment

My favorite is when Starbuck used her viper to bring Apollos damaged viper back to Galactica. I loved the facial expressions.

Comment

One of the things I like best about the new BSG is that Starbuck is a woman this time. Starbuck is quickly becoming on of my favorite SciFi women character. She is allowed to show her flaws and yet still be a strong character which I love.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Favourite lighthearted moment would be 'Lee Adama loves me'. Incredibly immature, but funny.
                              I love the way Starbuck and Apollo revert to eight year olds when they're together. They do a lot to bring some levity to what is usually such a serious show.

For a favorite moment, I love the bit at the end of 'You can't go home again' when Adama leans down to kiss her on the forehead, and she almost breaks down, then composes herself as soon as he pulls back and can see her face again.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                              X