This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so obvious

So we know Janet was going to be coming back this episode, and word at the water cooler was it would be in flashbacks. However, in the latest SG1/Atlantis Official magazine, Tapping confirmed that Ripple Effect was an AU episode.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...rippleef.shtml

So....it's pretty obvious that the janet is an AU one, one where she never died.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

It's better than a flashback episode.

From what I here, it's more than just an AU episode too:

Spoiler:
    Something happens and many universes collapse onto one another and we see many Sams, Daniels, and many other characters.

Comment

Yes, it was in the link I'd posted.
      sigpic

Comment

Well yay for
        Spoiler:
        Janet
        being in it. I also hear
        Spoiler:
        J R Bourne (Martouf) is in it
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          Well yay for
          Spoiler:
          Janet
          being in it. I also hear
          Spoiler:
          J R Bourne (Martouf) is in it
          I cant wait for this ep, I love the AU eps
          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

u think theyll be a colonel o'neill leading an alternate sg1? i can imagine hell look at our jack and make a witty remark about generals

Comment

I loved There but for the Grace of God and Point of View.

Is this episode related to that alternate universe mirror thing? We never saw what happened to it.

Comment

If this is an alternate universe episode, is it possible that something will have happened to one of the Janet's friends, family, like Cassandra, Hammond, Sg-1, so that she could stay in our reality, rejoin the team.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                  If this is an alternate universe episode, is it possible that something will have happened to one of the Janet's friends, family, like Cassandra, Hammond, Sg-1, so that she could stay in our reality, rejoin the team.
                  Rejoining the SGC, I just don't see that happening. Tptb have this show moving in a different direction, with a different doctor. Having her stay in this reality, though, is conceivable to me. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see how this one plays out. Definitely one of my most highly aniticipated eps of the second half of this season.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I definity dont see Fraiser comming back full time. They are trying their darndest to ignore season 1-8 and make their New Show so why would they bring her back. (Unless the writers think it would be fun to kill her and Martouf off again).
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      (Unless the writers think it would be fun to kill her and Martouf off again).
                      Wouldn't that be a collective kick in the you-know-whats to us fans?
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i wouldn't mind

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          Wouldn't that be a collective kick in the you-know-whats to us fans?
                          Maybe they kill Janet off again to finally make all the fans silent who want her back? All that narrow minded nerds (no offend!) who couldn't move on, who lament over a dead secondary character instead of worshiping the brilliant decisions of the mighty TPTB?

That will be a absolutely secure methode making a narrow minded nerd like me not watching the show any longer!
                          sigpic

Comment

from what i hear, theres gonna be a lot of characters coming back for this episode
                            janet i know is confirmed, and by the sound of things so is martouf, which was going around
                            kensy, kawalsky to name but a few, wether or not they appear, i dont mind, i wanna see janet again though

Comment

There's a chance we could see a large number of different dead characters or hell even people from Atlantis that never actually moved.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X