Rising, Part 2 (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
    .but that might just gnaw at Sheppard for a while.
    Not as long as imo it should have.. But then again that is imo one of the BIGGEST flaws the entire SG franchise has.. not having things gnaw at characters as long as they realistically should.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    He is still in the film. It's a blink and you'll miss it role but he's there.
    When? Which one, was it the first trek or into darkness?

I just looked it up on IMDB and it says "barracks leader".. Which barracks?

Also saw on it, that he played the Knave of hearts in Once upon a time.. Musta missed him, as i can't remember seeing him.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Not as long as imo it should have.. But then again that is imo one of the BIGGEST flaws the entire SG franchise has.. not having things gnaw at characters as long as they realistically should.
      Couldn't agree more. You'd also think that the sheer number of deaths, among other things, would start to take its toll on a character's mental health and, in turn, their physical state. Their personality could change because of it, becoming hardened or more withdrawn. Something other than back to business as usual.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

When? Which one, was it the first trek or into darkness?

I just looked it up on IMDB and it says "barracks leader".. Which barracks?

Also saw on it, that he played the Knave of hearts in Once upon a time.. Musta missed him, as i can't remember seeing him.
        The first one.

He's the guy that gives out all the ship assignments to the cadets when they're all preparing to go to vulcan, reading out their names. You see him close up when Kirk goes up to him and asks why his name wasn't read out, before McCoy dopes him up.

Keep in mind he will have his real canadian accent, which may throw you off. Same in OUAT.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          The first one.

He's the guy that gives out all the ship assignments to the cadets when they're all preparing to go to vulcan, reading out their names. You see him close up when Kirk goes up to him and asks why his name wasn't read out, before McCoy dopes him up.

Keep in mind he will have his real canadian accent, which may throw you off. Same in OUAT.
          Ahh.. no wonder i didn't recognize him.

Comment

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
            So yeah.....just started watching Atlantis last night. Am doing it intertwined with SG-1 for the first few seasons (have already seen SG1).

I enjoyed this! It was a combined episode for me, since it was on DVD.

The highlight, for me, was seeing Atlantis rising and everybody's reaction to it. That was a series of great shots.

I liked the interplay between Col. Sumner and Sheppard--the hard*ss vs the maverick. I sort of felt sorry for the Colonel when he died--what a way to go. I did like how he, at the end, trusted Sheppard to do what had to be done....but that might just gnaw at Sheppard for a while.

Overall, great casting and a great start. Favourite characters so far are Sheppard and Beckett--reminds me a lot of Scotty on the rebooted ST movies.
            I just started re-watching SGA yesterday and I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Although, one thing has been brought to my attention: the two Ancients at the beginning of the episode - it looks like the writers planned something big with that scene, but didn't actually get around to do anything with it. What a missed opportunity for a good storyline.

Comment

THey technically did with Anya in S6's frozen

Comment

Waw i just loved this serie's premiere...
                Sheppard is handsome.. McKay may not be as insufferable as I remembered...
                The city of Atlantis is gorgeous ! That sequence when it emerges is just awesome
                I love the drones
                I love the puddle jumpers
                The wraiths look fantastic

I'm happy
                I wish a good day to everyone !

Comment

Waw i just loved this serie's premiere...
                  Sheppard is handsome.. McKay may not be as insufferable as I remembered...
                  The city of Atlantis is gorgeous ! That sequence when it emerges is just awesome
                  I love the drones
                  I love the puddle jumpers
                  The wraiths look fantastic

I'm happy
                  I wish a good day to everyone !

PS: and the opening theme is great !! It definitely isn't less good than the sg1

Comment

Is this the first time you watch the SG shows?
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I like to see things that way.

I only saw the end of sg1 and the beginning of atlantis like more than ten years ago...
                      So some elements were really stucked in my mind, but it was more like flashes, almost like in a dream.

It was very possible that discovering the saga now weren't gonna work at all. I'm so glad I'm loving it.

I can't wait to properly get into the Oris intrigue and the Wraiths one as well. I'm halfway of s8 of sg1 and s1 of Atlantis, I'm sticking to the watching order and alternate both series.

Comment

I am doing another rewatch of this, and I am alternating between Atlantis season 1 and SG1 season 8.

What a fabulous beginning!

Comment

Working...
                        X