No announcement yet.

Rising, Part 2 (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! Stargate Atlantis kicks MAJOR "miktah"!

The writing was awesome. The acting was awesome. The effects were awesome. It was just awesome!

I find myself LOVING the cast. Favorite so far has to be Major Sheppard. He's like a young Jack O'Neill, except even more sarcastic, if that is possible. Lt. Ford is in second place. He is a cutie and has a great sense of humor. Coming in third is Dr. Beckett. I LOVE this quirky guy! That is an Irish, maybe Scottish accent, correct? He is just a hoot. Brings back memories of Trek. "I can't DOO it Capt'n! She needs more power!" hehehe

The Wraith are freaky scary. It's been quite a while since an evil character on a TV show freaked me out, and the Wraith have managed that. They are just evil. They suck the life from you! *shudders*

All in all, this is an excellent addition to the Stargate universe so far. I can't wait to see how this version of Stargate plays out over the season.

Rating so far: VERY cool.

Comment

Agreed. This show shows a great deal of promise
      sigpic

Comment

The gate dialing sequence is weird... it doesn't look like the chevrons move... it just lights up in a circle.

Comment

All I can say is WOW! I have tried to stay away from spoilers on the new series to be unsuspecting. If this is any indication of the season, I cant wait.

Comment

I loved the new wormhole. I also liked they showed it once, and didn't kill it in the first episode.

Guy: Look at this (turns on iris)
            McKay: Power....Power....POWER
            Guy: oh...(shuts it down)

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Actually, I thought the only one that moved was the one on earth, since we basically have our computer do a manual dial to get around not having a DHD.

Comment

The wormhole was cool... I still have my reservations about the light up gate.

Comment

We also know the wraith darts have remote dialers too.

Comment

Beckett's accent is Scotish.

Fantastic episode. I might be hooked already. What a way to start the season for both series.

Thumbs up to all characters, particularly Sheppard, Beckett, McKay, and Teyla.
                    It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

THis was a great epsidoe. Two thumbs way up! If anyone disagrees...take thier thumbs!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I wonder how old the Keeper was? Could she have existed back when the ancients were still around?
                        sigpic

Comment

Excellent Episodes. I believe that they may have cut things out.

The kiss for one thing.

Also, in some images, there was an image of Wraith running after the team... hmmm...

Comment

I enjoyed the pilot. It is going to get sometime to get use to it. I will enjoy this show. I think Atlantis is going to do well once SG1 is off the air.

Comment

Gosh. I have to confess I'm pleasantly suprised!
                              I mostly avoided Atlantis spoilers, and pretty much ignored the fact it was coming. Even tried to have pretty low expectations (after all, what are the chances TPTB can come up with 2 great casts etc)???

Well, I guess the answer is, pretty d_mn likely!
                              I thought the cast had great chemistry - this is a biggie for me (I won't watch Enterprise cos I just don't feel the cast chemistry). They did a great job of standing as independent characters once away from the SGC, had witty, funny interactions (LOVE that Dr Beckett! - I'm confused - is that accent Scottish or Irish??).
                              I wasn't convinced the Wraith would be a suitably menacing threat, but now I'm a convert (I can't wait to see how much time will be devoted to them, or if they'll only show up every now and then). The shot of all the wraith waking up was pretty spine chilling
                              I like the way there's a larger number of people (ie. not just the dynamic between the main 4) - will be interesting to see how this plays out on a weekly basis.

Anyway, enough babbling from me!
                              Kiwigater gives Atlantis a big thumbs up and will be watching next week eagerly!!! (much to her suprise )

Comment

SG1 will never go off the air!!! NEVER!!

Who has the guy who was taking people to the keeper? The Caretaker or something!?

Comment

Working...
                                X