No announcement yet.

Rising, Part 1 (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember UK viewers - Rising Part I airs on Sky One at 9:00pm after SG-1.

I've seen this already but can't wait to see it on the big screen.

Comment

I like, I like alot. A little slow and forced in places but good no the less.

I liked the Beckett/McKay stuff the Sheppard/O'Neill Stuff and even the T-1000(...um...Colonel Sumner was it??)/Sheppard.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

I waited months to see this, rather that squinty vision.

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

McKay/ Beckett - and the Scots and and the Canadians normally get along so well! Great dynamic!

Sheppard - THUNK!!!

Weir - Great commander

Ford - Beckett had more screen time. Hope we see a bit more of him!

Teyla - a bit odd, but she is from another Galaxy

Overall

Loving Sheppard, Weir and Beckett!!!!!

Yet to decide on McKay, Teyla and Ford!

8 out of 9 Chevrons.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Looks like I'm NOT the first Brit to post on the main thread!

OK...

1. The Gate sequence still looks warped!

2. On the other hand, the themetune to Atlantis is better the it's SG1 counterpart.

3. Robert Patrick was OK but he came accross as if he belonged more in Space:Above and Beyond than anything.

4. Beckett might have to get over his nerves soonish.

5. McKay, I'm reserving judgement on for the time being.

6. Sheppard might be Jack O'Neill Jnr but I'm not bothered.

Overall - good start - I'm sure the champagne bottle will be appreciated!
          Last edited by Matt G; 12 October 2004, 01:50 PM.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I haven't read the rest of this thread so I apologise if I'm repeating exactly what other people have already said!!

First impression - Excellent!!

The opening sequence is great - I'm guessing that's going to change after next week though, right?

I really enjoyed the Jack & Daniel stuff, but I'm not going to say any more than that, cos it's not about them...

Already love Sheppard, and of course McKay! I was kinda hoping McKay would say something about Sam...were they even not allowed to mention the names of characters made specifically for SG1?

Loved his "Chevron one encoded..." lol!

Weir is very good commanding the operation... bit of a spoiler for part 2
            Spoiler:
            I'
            Spoiler:
            d like to see
            a lot more friction between her & Sumner, but ya know...

Ford teasing Sheppard about going through the gate, that was funny.

Have to say, the Atlantis gate is very cool.

Sheppard "I'm sure you'll warm up to me once you get to know me"....that sounds vaguely familiar!!
            Nice little chat he had with those kids - galaxy far far away, lol!

Nice to see that some things never change - the planets in the Pegasus galaxy look a bit like British Columbia too!!

Can't help noticing the Teyla/Sheppard ship already!!

I think I'll have to watch it again before I know exactly what I think of it...

Looking forward to part 2!!

Comment

Two question: Theme tune and titles? I didn't catch theese. There just seemd to be peoples names at the bottom making no distinction between regulars and guests.

I'm quessing this I'll change next week?

Alos liked Siler (if they can show Siler why not Sam?) And the MacKay's "Chevron One" and the "using power,using poer using POWER! with the force iris.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                Looks like I'm the first Brit to post on the main thread!

6. Sheppard might be Jack O'Neill Jnr but I'm not bothered.

Overall - good start - I'm sure the champagne bottle will be appreciated!
                Um look two post aboves yours....First Brit Comment Right here.

Personally I get a complete different sense of O'Neill/Sheppard. Although their history on the surface seems similar. Jack's Sarky. John's got a different style of humor more warm and fuzzy IMHO.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                  Alos liked Siler (if they can show Siler why not Sam?) And the MacKay's "Chevron One" and the "using power,using poer using POWER! with the force iris.
                  Maybe it is the difference between major and minor characters. That has been discussed either in this thread or another thread (don't remember which, age does that to ya).

Comment

Personally I get a complete different sense of O'Neill/Sheppard. Although their history on the surface seems similar. Jack's Sarky. John's got a different style of humor more warm and fuzzy IMHO.
                    Yes, I'll second this - to the point where I just can't second it more than I already do.

But seriously, I never really understood the "Sheppard's just an O'Neill Clone", because to me his sense of humour is very different to Jack's (actually, I like your description there Crazedwraith, "warm and fuzzy", heh) and Flanigan's put a whole other spin on Sheppard than RDA has on O'Neill. To me, they're two very different characters - both important in their own right - but not that similar in any other way than their military background.
                    Last edited by Liv; 12 October 2004, 02:06 PM. Reason: Typo
                    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I have a question for the Brits. What was the last scene you saw? I think there was a different break when we saw the two Rising episodes back to back than when they were shown individually. But I'm the only one who has brought it up, or even cares (such a minor point in the grand scheme of things), so I think I may be wrong. Thanks.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

McKay - Poor McKay. He hasn't got the Ancient gene, and he seemed very jealous. Well, he seems to be doing his fair share of the work.

Beckett - Hehe. I loved it how he set of the glowing jellyfi of doom! And when in Atlantis, he though he caused the power surge! LOL That was great.

Sheppard - I think Sheppard is really great. I expected him to know about the Stargate and such but he didn't. I think his humour will be the 'Jack O'Neill of Atlantis'.

Weir - She's really good. Great team leader. I think she has the potential to actually lead teams offworld and command the base.

Ford - Didn't see much of him this episode, just mainly standing around the Stargate. So not much from him.

Teyla - The ways of their planet are quite weird. The quick and certain attraction to Sheppard I think is a nice touch. Not too bad.

Overall, the episode was good. Next week I think we'll see the Wraith and finally get to see how bad they really are.
                        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                          I have a question for the Brits. What was the last scene you saw? I think there was a different break when we saw the two Rising episodes back to back than when they were shown individually. But I'm the only one who has brought it up, or even cares (such a minor point in the grand scheme of things), so I think I may be wrong. Thanks.
                          When Teyla and Shep were walking bacl towards the village uts after the dartships come through the gate and shes says "The Wraith!!!!"
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by actorguyil
                            Anyone else notice that the actor playing Dr. Weir's significant other was Garwin Sanford (Nareem)?! Cool!

Pat
                            I knew I'd seen him somewhere before!!! Thanks for clearing that up
                            "You know that whole "WE COME IN PEACE" business? Bite me!!"

Wise words

Comment

yeah i noticed that aswell and summers is the t1000 and doggart right?

i enjoyed it, really one of those exploration eps..,.....bit of a ***** they ****ed up the city....and i cant wait to see part 2!
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                When Teyla and Shep were walking bacl towards the village uts after the dartships come through the gate and shes says "The Wraith!!!!"
                                Thanks. When they broke up the 2 hour version into one hour episodes here in the States, they ended the first part after McKay tells Weir the faster they get out of the ciity, the longer the shield will hold. That didn't make any sense to me. I thought we got to see the Wraith in the first episode.

I'm glad you saw it the way it was supposed to be shown.

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X