Rising, Part 1 (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    Next time you see a science program with people at antartica, you'll notice they have a tendency to wear a LOT more clothing of all kinds than either O'Neill or Sheppard was wearing.
    But do we really want Sheppard wearing more clothes? Less is good, I think.

Just rewatched this episode, so have some more thoughts on it. I liked Teyla more second time around - she could turn out to be quite an interesting character. Will be interesting to see how the Sheppard/Teyla dynamic is developed.

Actually, I think the character interactions for Atlantis look very promising. There's potential for all the characters to have very different relationships with each other - they're quite a diverse group. It's a shame Robert Patrick is only on board as a guest star though, as he's a great actor and his character would have worked well alongside Sheppard.

McKay/Beckett was definitely my favourite pairing of the episode though. Those guys are great together!
    "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Just wait until you see some McKay/Zelenka action in the upcoming episodes.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Apologies if this has been raised somewhere else, but having just seen the first episode of Atlantis for the second time on Sky One (Mix) I am now convinced I'm not mad and did actually see something which I can't seem to find any comment on. Just a little thing, mind you. I've sort of double posted this as I only saw this part of the forum after querying this elsewhere, but I imagine a moderator will kindly sort it out if it's too out of place there.

OK, so Colonel O'Neill is dethawed by the time Atlantis starts. But is he also not Brigadier General O'Neill at this point? Dr Weir is still around at this point so this must be pre-Atlantis.

So, why is it that the bottle of champagne which is the last article to come through the Atlantis Stargate is signed by one Colonel O'Neill, and not by (at least) a General O'Neill? I've seen comments here about the handwriting on the note, but not about its actual content.

Hey, I know, it's a nitpick and then some but there doesn't seem to have been any mention of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Excelsior
          So, why is it that the bottle of champagne which is the last article to come through the Atlantis Stargate is signed by one Colonel O'Neill, and not by (at least) a General O'Neill? I've seen comments here about the handwriting on the note, but not about its actual content.

Hey, I know, it's a nitpick and then some but there doesn't seem to have been any mention of it?
          It does say General Jack O'Neill

Here's a link to a screencap:

http://www.stargateatlantis.jackfic...._rising251.htm

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
            It does say General Jack O'Neill

Here's a link to a screencap:

http://www.stargateatlantis.jackfic...._rising251.htm

Morjana
            Ah, right. Despite being close up to the screen I was obviously mistaking the G for a C and reading the first e as an l. It's interesting how the mind does that sometimes - it's the same number of letters in both, and apparently you don't actually read all of a word to get its meaning. So thinking the G was a C and it being the same sort of length word must have resulted in my getting my wires crossed. So rather than having a go at the continuity guys, they obviously deserve a pat on the back as that could easily have been overlooked.

Comment

I've just watched the Stargate S4 ep The Light and had to have an Atlantis related laugh.

When Jack meets the young boy who has been hiding in the Goa'uld pleasure palace the boy introduces himself.

Boy: Loren
              Jack: I don't know what that means
              Boy: It's my name

Oh man!! They're either recycling scripts, or... and this is my preference given the homages to other sci-fi shows, giving a nod to Stargate.
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I just finishing rewatching my tape of Rising. I just notice that when Jack was in the outpost and he and Weir walked past the statis pod, Jack looked at it kind odd.

Comment

Good and Jack and Sheppard are so cocky. They are what makes the episodes funny. Rodney is also funny how he is gettingstressed because he doesnt have the Ancient genes.

Comment

Ah, at last!
                    This was a most excellent first episode.

Loved the cast, the Jack/Daniel interaction as the Atlantis team was preparing to leave, the whole look of the show.

Hated that Sky only gave me 30 seconds to unwrap a new video tape! no ad break! That shrink wrap is hard work.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have seen Risinig last week. I think I liked it: Loved Jack, loved Daniel, liked the new people and the special effects. Don^t liked the Wraith (to much over the top for me} and the Ancient technology (to much and to futuristic gives the show almost a Star Trek feeling). I will watch it and hope that the show stays as enjoyable as it^s now. And that all the changes which are planned don^t hurt the show to much (I hope that the Pegasus galaxy is too far away for visits from Farscape actors or King Arthur...)

Comment

I was just reading the previous page and I think ... whats all this talk about HATS!

Anyways this episode was good. I agree with ^ and hope they don't do too much Star Trekky stuff.

Comment

Just watched SciFi's rerun of this. I never caught it the first time around and I definetly am into this show.

Comment

anyone notice how they cut out some of the scenes in the beginning? I thought it was funny since they were trying to fit it into the hour this time....
                            come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                              anyone notice how they cut out some of the scenes in the beginning? I thought it was funny since they were trying to fit it into the hour this time....
                              It was quite irritating. They took out some of the initial character development for Sheppard. And they deleted that lovely goodbye scene. Those of you who only saw this version missed some nice touches that get echoed in later episodes.

They're really making you to have to buy the dvds, aren't they?

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                It was quite irritating. They took out some of the initial character development for Sheppard. And they deleted that lovely goodbye scene. Those of you who only saw this version missed some nice touches that get echoed in later episodes.

They're really making you to have to buy the dvds, aren't they?

Not only Sheppard, but Weir w/ Simon and Rodney w/ his cat and the neighbor girl. Both play into Home and will confuse people who haven't seen the original version. Also a little Ford/Sheppard scene before they go into the stargate which just looks weird w/ the new cut.
                                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Working...
                                X