No announcement yet.

Rising, Part 1 (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was nice to have Jack and Daniel in there, but I'm not convinced about Sam not being there, I would have thought that being the one who made the gate work in the first place she wouldn't have missed the whole 8 chevrons thing that was going on but hey, it's only a small thing.
    Maybe she was too busy filming Sanctuary to be there..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Maybe she was too busy filming Sanctuary to be there..
      well i meant from a storyline point of view really. I don't know much about sanctuary, did that start so far back i thought it was a fairly new thing
      sigpic
      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Tapping did not ever start Sanctuary until after she was done with SG1
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought she did that along with s8/9/10??

Comment

I'd love to know how she could without making her hair all fall out. It's clear from her brief scenes in Universe that her hair was bleached back to blond for that. From what I've seen in Sanctuary, she wasn't wearing a wig.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

It was a very good start on a new series. I felt like it was a movie, and not just a television series. Loved all the characters, except for Carson. He is really annoying, and I'm glad he only play's a small part.
              Wow that city of the Ancients ROCK - A nice gate and jumpers, and all kinds of new tech
              McKay is annoying too, but in a good way though

Comment

Not sure how many time I re-watched SGA now, first episode still one of my fav and never gets old.

Comment

My favorite part was when Sheppard is following Teyla through that forrest and loses his balance and he almost fall into that ravine. It was clearly something you won't find in many movies: something real. And I started to search for those kind of moments in every episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

I like the Pilot on a second viewing more than i did when i first watched it. Maybe because i have better understanding of the show's franchise as a whole.
                    Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                    Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

what a great episode im re watchin season one tonight wooooo
                      sigpic
                      Kenton Canada

Comment

Originally posted by myowndrownedworld View Post
                        I like the Pilot on a second viewing more than i did when i first watched it. Maybe because i have better understanding of the show's franchise as a whole.
                        True. I think a lot is lost on you if you watch rising without any knowledge of SG1..

Comment

Originally posted by HesBe View Post
                          Not sure how many time I re-watched SGA now, first episode still one of my fav and never gets old.
                          I totally agree!

Originally posted by zbir View Post
                          My favorite part was when Sheppard is following Teyla through that forrest and loses his balance and he almost fall into that ravine. It was clearly something you won't find in many movies: something real. And I started to search for those kind of moments in every episode.
                          I love that part! So funny! And the look on his face as he tries to play it off.....
                          sigpic

Comment

The wraith projecting the silky ghosts of white transparent elegance were so cool.
                            sigpic

Comment

Watched this yesterday. I knew the Ancient woman at the beginning looked familiar, but it wasn't until listening to the commentary that I remembered people here talking about her in the Frozen thread. Awesome.

I only watched the series opener once almost ten years ago, so I wasn't sure how much I'd like it this time around, having remembered none of it. It was great, and the atmosphere of the show, at least in the beginning, is so much more creepy than most of SG-1 that it was refreshing. I loved the city rising to the surface. But then, that's supposed to be the highlight of the episode, is it not?

Really excited to finally get into my SGA re-watch. Fell in love with the characters all over again right from the beginning, and it was nice to see Jack and Daniel interacting with the rest of the SGA crew. Let the Pegasus adventures begin.
                              Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 29 July 2015, 08:55 AM.
                              rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Any idea what is going on in this early scene? The gaze of the man is intense. Accusatory maybe? I would have liked to have known more, especially about any disagreements in possible factions of Ancients in the Pegasus galaxy.

https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/al...l_101_0007.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X