Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Meridian (521)

Major General

Default Re: Meridian (521)

True but i found it rather strange how quick both Sam and Tea'lc took to him.

I knew that Daniel wasn't gone forever so I really felt sad about Jonas staying only for a short time. I liked him, he was cute, wasn't he?
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Major

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    i found it rather strange how quick both Sam and Tea'lc took to him.
    Both were quite used to changes in team make up, and having colleagues come and go. In addition, Teal'c had the bond of being the only other full-time alien on base. Sam was probably trying to level out Jack's harshness.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    One of the things I liked about the way they handled Jonas was that Jack was always testing him to see if he would do as he was told. After six years of Daniel, who couldn't be trusted to obey orders even in an emergency (although his resurrection appeared to have cured that last bit), it must have been nice to have a civilian subordinate he didn't have to watch constantly.

Seaboe
    In Daniel's defense, often when he didn't follow orders, it was based on a philosophical disjunctive. It tested Jack's orders, made him rethink what he was doing in his command, God I loved when they yelled at each other. Sure, relieving as it had to be not to be questioned, remember that episode.... Unnatural Selection, where they betrayed Fifth?

I always felt someone should've been really mad at Jack for what he did, someone should've questioned what that said about him as a man. But neither Jonas or Carter were going to do it because both of them were too... subservient.

Major General

THose were some of the best eps.. When jack and danny knocked heads.

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    THose were some of the best eps.. When jack and danny knocked heads.
    I know right?!
    Also, loved when anyone called Daniel "Danny". rofl.

When I watched this episode I thought it was just another episode where they pretend to kill daniel. But it took me by surprise when he 'died.'
    Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal...WACKO!

This is a excellent episode. A "good" death for Daniel who acted the hero. Very emotional between all the team members-- a fantastic tribute to Daniel Jackson. Oma was being cryptic as ever, and Daniel chose to ascend.

I personally love the intro to Jonas, and I am looking forward to seeing more of him.
    Last edited by BethHG; July 23rd, 2018 at 06:22 PM.

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Another one of Daniel's dead-but-not-dead episodes, except that now he really won't be back regularly, just occasionally.

As far as the episode goes, I really, really love it. I love the story, the introduction of Jonas, the character interaction, Daniel's journey with Oma Desala. My goddess, Mel Harris can read me the telephone book and I'd be all dreamy from listening to that voice of hers. The introduction of naquadriah which gives us a new resolve to find new and better ways to defend ourselves against the Goa'uld.

I love that industrial 1940ties feel of Kelowna. The bulkhead doors and the use of rivets. Interesting choice as far as set dressing goes.

It's definitely one of my favorite episodes on the entire series, including all the cryptic mumbojumbo by Oma Desala.

How would you rate SG-1's "Meridian?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

3-episode quiz: The Sentinel, Meridian & Revelations

Jigsaw puzzle: Meridian
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; July 25th, 2018 at 03:23 PM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

10:05

I think I have watched this episode too many times. This episode doesn't make me as sad about Daniel as it does before. It's a great character piece to see Daniel examine his life with Oma. I also liked how episode tries to highlight a guest character. I'll give it a good with 6 minutes 48 seconds. Your move FH
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

07:17

A few seconds slower again.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Airman

First time I've seen this episode since it aired (I'm doing a Stargate retrospective now, season by season). This was okay. I thought the plot intriguing, and Jonas is thoughtful. He was caught between two systems, and did what he could. Scientific people...under Nazism, Communism, corporate control, military/corporate worlds, fanatics...always have to come to terms with their system.

The effect Daniel had on everyone was touching.

I didn't care much for Omala. Not the actress, just the 'if a river is flowing, can a drop of water be dry?' kind of dialogue. Ugh. So treacly, which is why I don't go in for all the 'eastern aphorisms.' Here, I'm more of a Jack O'Neill kind of guy. Why can't Omala just SAY it?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112