No announcement yet.

What Comes Before The Dawn... (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic character development, a fine look at the newest member of the team. Callen relationship with his son and their interaction throughout was superb.

The story was excellently plotted, the mystery was very well structured to pay off at just the right moments. The on station scenes with the team kicking back was fantastic. Tom and David's scenes again shone. Every major character was involved and all had their little moments, though Lenori, Christine and Sivea had a bit less to do than everyone else.

And again there were intriguing arc developments, last episode brought a great revelation about the Draque, now the Kih'Andari story takes another (very ambiguous and mysterious) turn. The season really feels like it is making constant progress, every episode building piece by piece the larger story arcs while remaining good stand-alone stories too. There is a real 'team' sense with the main characters.

I was sad to see Varlis go, I wanted to know more about him, and more about what had led him to this course. Callen's past too looked like it will be fascinating to explore.

An Outstanding episode!
    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Thanks. I'm glad you liked the episode.

I had a great time writing it, because for the first time it was an episode that focused on Callen. What we tried to do from day one was make him a character of his own. And while the opening two parter gives us a nice first look at his backstory, and establishes that he has a son, it was a lot of fun to have an entire episode devoted to that.

And it was also nice to show that he's almost somewhat of a celebrity on his homeworld. That is, at least every now and then he gets recognized on the street.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Working...
      X