This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10th Doctor (Spoilers)

Well since we have Doctor threads now I think we need to have a tenth Doctor thread. (I did a search and no-one seems to have started one).

So it is confirmed that David Tennant will appear as the 10th Doctor in a Christmas Special to screen in the UK. So how about posting in here when he starts giving your opinions of his portrayal.

Of course you can talk about your opinion's of him already if you like.
    Last edited by Willow'sCat; 24 December 2005, 09:52 PM. Reason: editing

I am going to reserve judgement for the time being

Comment

I'm trying to remember if I've ever been in this situation before, that I was looking forward to a television series because I liked the actor so much... probbably not. I got the Casanova DVD the other day and loved it, and now I'm counting the days to Saturday so I can watch the next installment of Blackpool (which currently airs on a Belgian channel, CANVAS). David Tennant is a fine actor, and even if the Tenth Doctor turns out to be, say, as obstinate as the Sixth, I'll probably still like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
        I'm trying to remember if I've ever been in this situation before, that I was looking forward to a television series because I liked the actor so much... probably not.
        I can't wait to see what he does with the role. I am thinking humour (of course) but also more heart like maybe the 5th Doctor.

David Tennant is a fine actor, and even if the Tenth Doctor turns out to be, say, as obstinate as the Sixth, I'll probably still like him.
        Interesting I don't quite see that happening but who knows they may go for a turn around on Christopher's Doctor, I mean the look of David's Doctor is certainly different.

Comment

You can say that again

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            Interesting I don't quite see that happening
            No, me neither. I guess what I was trying to say is, even if they were to make him the most annoying *******, I'd probably still like him because it's David Tennant. But of course I'm hopeful, and pretty sure, they'll make him into a likeable Doctor.

Only half a month until the Children in Need mini-ep/scene/whatever it's going to be called. Can't wait to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
              I am going to reserve judgement for the time being
              Me too. I'll talk about him once I download the X-Mas special (I live in the U.S. so I'm forced to download it).
              sigpic

Comment

There is a short episode next friday for Children in Need. It involves the first conversation of the 10th Doctor and Rose Tyler and will then lead into the Christmas Special so it is a must see. But the Writers are keeping their cards close to their cheasts so now much is known except for the fact that it is their first conversation
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I havent even seen him in Cassanova so i have no idea what his acting is like.

Heres a bit of info of the new docter, and a pic:
                  http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/enter...io/4735049.stm
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

nor have i, but I have full confidence in the casting abilities of the creators of Doctor Who. so i am sure this doctor will be as good as the last, if not better. Although Chris Eccleston really was something incredible as the Ninth Doctor, so he does have his work cut out for him
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

I still haven't seen the ninth one yet so I don't have much to say.
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                        There is a short episode next friday for Children in Need.
                        Thanks for the heads up I had forgotten about this. Just checked the TV guide.. I think Children in Need is on in two weeks time.
                        Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 06 November 2005, 01:54 AM.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Yes,we had two TV guides and I read the wrong one

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                            nor have i, but I have full confidence in the casting abilities of the creators of Doctor Who. so i am sure this doctor will be as good as the last, if not better. Although Chris Eccleston really was something incredible as the Ninth Doctor, so he does have his work cut out for him
                            Hmm, you see this my main concern because as an older viewer I am so use to the actor changing and have more or less learned to except that the character will also change ( they tend to script the character to fit the actor rather then the other way around) but I worry that new viewers, kids, little furry animals wont get this and there will be a hate campaign, which to some extent happened just after David was announced as the new Doctor. (weasel indeed) I think the Show is more important than the actor playing the Doctor but others may not be so accepting.

Comment

Well, although CE was a major art in what drew me into the show, the intelligence of the humer and scripts were refreshing. The show is, after all, for families, but does not talk down to the viewer. I know it will take a little getting used to, but thankfully, to clear the Doctor Who withdrawel symptoms I have been watching the old episodes from way back when TB was the Doctor, followed by PD, CB and SM, each of the caracters is very different, but the show itself never altered beyond the superficial areas of it, the heart (or hearts ) of the show remained constant except for when SM came along, the show lost its lightness and began to take itself too seriously, but for that I blame the shows creators and not how the seventh doctor was introduced

Comment

Working...
                              X