Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just sucks. I was so looking forward to it and most of the reviews of the gameplay I read stated it was quite good. Plus it just looked really awesome.

So, if they find another developer and have it take even longer then my expectations have just been rasied. If the game comes out, I expect it to be <b>bloody good</b> now.

*sigh* v_v

Comment

Im not upset at all. Games that are released on a bunch of different platforms at the same time always suck. When they release it for lots of different things they always use the models from the weakest game in all of them and they are not optimized for a specific console so they look worse than other PS2 or xbox only games.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot Aus
        I know to everyone this game being cancelled sucks, but the only persons fault it is, is JoWood, JoWood are the only people that think this game is not worth it. At E3 this game was said to be the most saught after title they had there. Everyone who played it said the graphics were dazzling and that the gameplay was awesome.

so hmmm, i wonder why JoWood are renegging on the contract. Would it be the fact that they are money hungry austrians, and the only way they could find a leapwhole out of the contract was on how good the game was, which JoWood will see a court case on the horizon as Perception are going to stand up for themselves, which they would easily be able to do. Jowood is obviously just trying to get this game released on the new generation of consoles where they think they will be able to get more money.

I applore you to look behind the one-way, biost media, and see what is really happening, i hope Perception sues JoWood successfuly, and hope JoWood's stocks suffer consequently.

if you notice their little post on this forum, including a link to their stock options... i would be shamed if i had shares in that company.

Patriot.Aus

They have it just right. I have heard that excuse so many times I want puke (we just want to make the game right)... (bull crap!)

Its all about making the most money possible. Trust me I have seen this about a dozen times on the PC. Developers will use double speak to cover their real intentions. Frankly if this game was any good at all (and possibly if it wasnt anyway) they would ship this thing if they wanted to. But the point is that they dont. Most likely they want to retool it for the the next gen consoles.

Comment

Perception did a Great Job From what i saw great graphics and game play. Ive seen the game demos because my friend wrote a article on it for a magazine he said it was really good no problems. So i cant understand why JoWood Would pull out of the contract it seems rather unorthodox. But they mayhave their reasons.

It sucks for Australians because we havnt started our new seasons of stargate or atlantis not till long time tooo like next year and now this we have less and less contact with stargate. I think people forgotten about us down below.
          The game aint being cancelled just delayed until a suitable maker can be found (I WISH gearbox they did HALO and HALO2)

It would suck if they released it on the new consoles becuse it owuld mean i would have to buy the new consoles and i dont wana do that EXPENSIVE. So lets hope This year im saying my prayers! lets hope

Comment

The way I understand it, MGM went into a deal with JoWood, who is the game publisher. JoWood subcontracted out the development work to Perception, who apparently wasn't going to produce what JoWood was expecting, so they're breaking their contract, collecting all the games source code, and taking their business elsewhere.

The thing is, Sony acquired MGM a few months ago, and Sony has been grabbing alot of franchises in order to build up their gaming product line. For example, Sony Online Entertainment recently acquired rights to produce The Matrix Online from the original developer, Monolith.

Since MGM is a subsidiary of Sony, I have a feeling that JoWood will somehow end up with the game being redeveloped by a Sony dev house. Either that, or JoWood will cancel its production, and Sony will produce another SG1 game with their own publishers and producers.
            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

So Stargate: The Alliance is dead?
              I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

im kind of happy about this the game was not looking that great any way maybe now they well make it better

Comment

This is absolutely bull! So many fans were looking forward to the game, and now we might never get it! Personally, I'd rather have a game that didn't meet the standards than not have any at all! They better bring it back!
                  Signed
                  Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, USAF 66-789-7876-324

---------------------------------------------------

I MADE THIS PICTURE!!!!!

Comment

I don't know what's the real truth behind this. But this means only one thing - we won't get this game any time soon.
                    I was really looking forward to this game.
                    What can we do now? Just sit and wait or can we do something so we could play SG game?

Comment

im only just getting over this news! WHYWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! the game so look sooo cool, why why why that i my question, im never buyign any game perception or jowoo ( whateva they called) again eva, unless they bring this game out!
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

This was going to be one of the only games i was going to buy this year

WHY??
                        WHY??
                        WHY??
                        WHY??
                        WHY??
                        WHY??

Comment

I was really really looking forward to this game and even bought a XBOX to play it on.

I'm just so fed up!
                          Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                          The Strongest Will Survive!
                          I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Yeah, but they will make another one which will be better.

My blog : http://stargateguyz.blogtrafic.com

Comment

-breakd down and crys- WHY!!?!?!?!? I wanted a stargate game, a proper one, why Alterrans, why!? why are ye so cruel! Oh well, I suppose that means the next proper game they start making will be twice as good but, -goes back to crying-
                              I'll have to resort to the mods that are out there...-still continues crying-

-stops crying- On a lighter note, I just saw Duet, GAHAHAAHAAH! funny as, i love the bit when:
                              Spoilers below, be warned!
                              Sheppards teaching Ronen how to use weapons and he hit dead center with the P90 and Beretta (very hard weapons to aim with) and then says "I prefer this" and blows the crap outta the other target also dead center with with his super Pistol and then Sheppard replys "I can see why you would" looking through the massive hole in the center
                              Or the part where Teyla and Ronen fight.
                              Last edited by Ascended Times.2; 06 August 2005, 04:44 AM. Reason: needs more spoilers warning and spelling mistake

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Im dissapointed that the game has been stopped. BUt on a brighter not the new game will be out on the new consoles (PS3, XBox 360 etc) so it will be great. And we properlyy wont be fighting Anubis, a now dead (its easier to call him dead than in a ever lasting battle etc) enemy.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Working...
                                X