This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S8 Premiere breaks ratings records :)

According to Gateworld's headlines, found at http://gateworld.net/news/ratings.ht...89664047,85793,

Stargate has gotten the highest ratings ever, for both the series and the network. SG is the first original series to have over 3 million viewers on Scifi, i'm so proud of our show

Although i know this thread should fit in the 'Stargate News', this thread is related to S8, so if the mods have any problems, you guys can just move this topic
    Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 12 July 2004, 01:15 PM.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Good Work!

Comment

I think all around, Stargate in repeats, first run episodes, syndication, dvd sales, it universally does good

Comment

It's doing great!

Comment

Now, lets see how Atlantis fares.

Wouldn't it be crazy if it did BETTER?

Comment

The season premiere of Stargate SG-1 left all previous ratings records in the dust on Friday, scoring a 2.4 household rating.

Woohoo! Fabulous ratings for a very good episode. The way they've been promoting Atlantis I bet it's going to get very good ratings as well.

Thanks for posting the news. I'm sure this makes all the people who are working so hard on (two) shows this year very very happy.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I don't think it would be crazy , just that something new will carry on the strong ratings

Comment

Don't jinx it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kes

Woohoo! Fabulous ratings for a very good episode. The way they've been promoting Atlantis I bet it's going to get very good ratings as well.

Thanks for posting the news. I'm sure this makes all the people who are working so hard on (two) shows this year very very happy.
                  It would be a bummer if Atlantis didn't get better if not as good ratings as the SG1 premiere with the millions of dollars spent on advertising. And if it doesn't do as good, but still good, i'll still be happy for the show, because some people just simply don't like spin-offs But i think it would be a bummer for scifi since they did spend more time advertising Atlantis than SG1 this summer, pre-summer.

Comment

YAY! Team spirit. Yeah it'll be interesting to see where the ratings are at, and all those ad dollars have to go somewhere.

As of now I can't really think of many people who would watch Atlantis but not SG-1... unless they have become tired of SG-1's arcs or something. So at first at least, SG-1 is going to be the base show with people watching Atlantis in a complementary way.
                    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                      As of now I can't really think of many people who would watch Atlantis but not SG-1... unless they have become tired of SG-1's arcs or something. So at first at least, SG-1 is going to be the base show with people watching Atlantis in a complementary way.
                      That's what I'm thinking as well. I don't think Atlantis is different enough to attract viewers that aren't already watching SG1. I expect a fairly substantial viewer holdover from SG1 to Atlantis.

Back to SG1. WOW, those are some great numbers. I'm glad they mentioned the actual viewer total as opposed to the rating, I can never quite understand those. It is definitely going to be hard for SciFi to see this show go after the tremendous ratings it keeps on getting.

Comment

you have to remmeber that I, Robot comes out the same day as Atlantis too..

Comment

Jive talking Will Smith and his robot posse are going to die under the might of Atlantis.

We hope

Comment

Woo hoo! Great ratings for a great episode!! If this keeps up throughout the season, maybe SciFi will beg RDA to come back for a season 9!
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Yippiee!!!!!!! <do happy dance> That is so incredibly cool!

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                              If this keeps up throughout the season, maybe SciFi will beg RDA to come back for a season 9!
                              They may beg, but they may not get what they want. In any case, it's great to have validation that the show is a success in the ratings and longevity book.
                              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                              once done, cannot be undone...
                              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                              X