Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Diamond Select Toys! (Action Figures)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was the Weir figure repainted to be a Black Ops version? Will the non-black Ops version be released aswell?

Also, which episode of Atlantis was the Black Ops idea based upon?

Comment

Given how re-use is important to keep costs down is it more likely that we will see characters like a Jonas Quinn head on an existing sg body than entirely new characters like hammond or unas?

Comment

(I can't beleive we haven't asked this yet!)

DST, would you be willing to share the process of how you design a figure, from the start when you decide which character/s to make, right through to the point it is sent for mass production?

It would be facinating to see in a series of articles how the concept and functionality of the figures is worked out - and not just for Stargate, but the other ranges too.
        Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
        Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

DST:

First I would like to reiterate that I am really glad that you are making both versions of the Atlantis uniforms: both a blue version and a "Black Ops" grey version (I saw the difference at Corner Store Comics). The Atlantis figures look fantastic and I am glad that we get Steve!

Now for my questions:

Do you have the license to make toys from the movies (Ark of Truth and Continuum)?

Do you plan on doing any more two packs (like the Ascension two pack) in the future?
          sigpic

Comment

-On the chance DST ever makes an Apophis in gold Serpent armor, is it likely a matching Serpent helmet would be included or left out as done with Serpent Teal'c?

-Will there be a comic-con exclusive?

-On the open-jacketed versions of Dr. Weir and Sheppard it looks like the jacket is sculpted seperately. Does this mean the open-jackets will be removeable and come with alternate t-shirt arms?

-What is your favorite Stargate figure so far?

-The Ori Prior in series 3 appears to be William B. Davis from the episodes "Babylon" and "The Fourth Horsemen", any special reason why he was chosen for the Prior figure?
            Last edited by Jedigreedo; 30 March 2007, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Which SG-1 figure has had the best sales from the DST website or have they all done equally well?

Comment

When will series 4 of the SG1 figures be announced?
                &
                How far ahead have the lines been planned or is the planning very flexible with changes being constantly made?
                &
                When do expect the MALP? Apologies if this has been asked MANY times already.

Comment

i'm a procrastonator and i was planning on getting around to purchasing a couple of SG-1 action figures but i read this:

Wave 1 (Colonel Jack O'Neill, Dr. Daniel Jackson, Serpent Guard, General Jack O'Neill, and Black Ops Jack O'Neill) is now available -- and sold out at Diamond Select. Wave 2 is expected to ship in December, with Teal'c, Samantha Carter, Thor, and Black Ops Teal'c. Wave 3 coming in early 2007, including Colonel Cameron Mitchell, Vala Mal Doran, Ori Prior, and Black Ops Daniel Jackson.

at the beginning of stargate Q & A (part 5). it states that Wave 1 is sold out.

are they gone forever? am i shut out? have they closed the door?

are subsequent waves still available?

thanks for the help

rylett
                  "you are what you do when it counts"

Comment

Does fan input have any impact on desions about which characters are being made or what accessories that they come with, and if so can you give an example of a figure that was influenced by fan requests?

Comment

DST,

Although you do not have the license to make playsets, do you have the license to make an ancient control chair with O'Neil or Sheppard like the "captain's chair" dioramas that were done for Kirk and Picard? (example: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...number=DC17564. If so, are there any plans to do so?
                      sigpic

Comment

From Part 6 of the Q&A -

"Were the neck joints made with easy head-swapping in mind (e.g. swapping General O'Neill's head with Daniel's to get Daniel in garrison uniform and older Jack in offworld gear), or is it an unforeseen convenience?
                        The joint was NOT chosen for that reason."

My Question-
                        OK, but given that the head/neck articulation does lend it’s self to “head swaps” would there be any chance that we could see a figure with an extra head as an accessory? It could be, say, with hat & no hat. Or different hair styles from different seasons of the show.
                        Keep in mind that this would cause certain collectors (like myself) to purchase multiples of figures for even more custom possibilities.
                        Originally posted by roll my blues
                        do Sam's breasts look bigger than in previous prototypes?

Comment

If DST ever plans to release another Jack O'Neill figure, will he be packaged with the correct Gate piece?

Comment

Originally posted by immelmann View Post
                            i really agree with this quote, the serenity figures were so terrible looking it made me not want to buy them. plain faces with steel stares. zero facial detail. I truely hope that the SG1 figures will be leaps and bounds above the quality of the serenity figures.

but i digress i want to ask if we'll get to see any asguard figures?
                            Series 1 I have Black Ops Jack O'Neill, Dr. Daniel Jackson and the Serpant Guard.

Series 2 on the diamond select figures has thor, Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, Teal'c, Replicator Cater, Desert Combat Carter, Jaffa Warrior Teal'c, and Black Ops Teal'c.

The figures are really nice.

Series 3 should be coming out soon. I have read that it will be Cam Mitchell, Vala, and an Ori Prior. I don't remember what the others will be.

Comment

If DST decides to make another mail away figure offer with say series 4 or 5 of the SG-1 line, will DST accept the Proof of Purchase from Series 3 since that wave had no mail away figure?

Comment

DST, is there a chance of having a season 10 off world vala in the near future? also with a better face sculpt? the off world vala we have now does not look like claudia black (no offense).
                                Last edited by Gen. O'Neill; 30 April 2007, 06:38 PM.
                                "Daniel?"
                                "For crying out loud!!"
                                "Roddney?"
                                "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X