This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Loop Question.

The device in window of opertonity caused certin planets to experiance a time loop. now my question is what if durring the first loop, you are on a planet within the loop, then you leave to go to a planet outside the loop, where would you be for the second loop?

"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not careing. I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Originally posted by DAL SHAKKA MEL
    The device in window of opertonity caused certin planets to experiance a time loop. now my question is what if durring the first loop, you are on a planet within the loop, then you leave to go to a planet outside the loop, where would you be for the second loop?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean- do you mean if you travel offworld via the Stargate? Well in the episode, they discovered they could only connect to other planets in the loop, and if you were on another planet, you ended up where ever you were when the loop began.

Now if you got in a ship and tried to travel outside the loop-zone, who knows what would happen. I would imagine the ancients tried that, though when I think about, I don't know how that'd solve the problem.

Comment

I know what I would do if I was stuck in a time loop.

Suicide, just to see if there's an afterlife.

Comment

This should all really belong in the Window Of Opportunity thread but I'll say it anyway.....

What would happen if you made all the Stargates within the bubble busy at the time of the time device's activation? Maybe that would have stopped it from occuring also?
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

my guess is wherever you were 6 hours prior to the 1st loop.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
          Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Couldn't happen; remember in the episode how the SGC couldn't dial to any unaffected planets and the Tok'ra were trying to contact Earth for more than 3 months?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi
            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Well, apart from travelling via Stargate, what if you took a ship out?
              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                Well, apart from travelling via Stargate, what if you took a ship out?
                There was a spherical region of space set OUTSIDE of normal spacetime, so you may not have been able to take a ship out.

A big wall? Reappear on the opposite side of the bubble? Magnets?

Who knows?
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that just makes my mind go loopy... 'cuz if, say, the Asgard were caught in such a phenomenon, they have HYPERDRIVE... and I would think that would allow them to go outside of normal spacetime as well at super-accelerated velocities. Meh.
                  Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                  more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

What I ment was before the device was intialy turned on and you used the stargate to go to, say chulak from earth, then the device was turned on, what would happen the? (asume chulak is not in the loop).

"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not careing. I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Comment

What I ment was before the device was intialy turned on and you used the stargate to go to, say chulak from earth, then the device was turned on, what would happen the? (asume chulak is not in the loop).
                      then you would be unable to get back to Earth or any effected planet

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                      ~Imzadi
                      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I think he is assuming that the machine was turned on at whatever time in the afternoon... or evening, whenever the loop stops. If you left what would eventually be the bubble during that day, what happens to you? When was that bubble actually initally created? Was it created at the instant where the loop kept beginning? If it was initially created at the end, we have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                          I think he is assuming that the machine was turned on at whatever time in the afternoon... or evening, whenever the loop stops. If you left what would eventually be the bubble during that day, what happens to you? When was that bubble actually initally created? Was it created at the instant where the loop kept beginning? If it was initially created at the end, we have a problem.
                          it was created the first time they 'looped', and remained until the loop was cancelled.
                          sigpic

Comment

This stuff gives me a headache.
                            I'm sticking to Kathryn Janeway's advice about figuring out temporal anomlies.
                            'Don't even try'
                            Boy, is she right.
                            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

The question is rather mute actually, because if you were on a planet that is placed in a temporal loop then you are actually in a fractal timeline. Trying to leave outside the loop and the gravity well would be impossible due to the intense energy, which is produced by the time-bubble.
                              Special relativity.
                              THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
                              AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
                              AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

Working...
                              X