The Sentinel (520)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Yes. He's the old dude who refused to cooperate. He was one of the cast on "Laugh-In" many years ago.
    Err... how long ago was that cause I'm not familiar with that show... For reference, I was born at the start of the eighties in the previous century.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Yes. He's the old dude who refused to cooperate. He was one of the cast on "Laugh-In" many years ago.
      Laugh-In was awesome.! Of course, I watched the repeats since I was a young child when it was airing. .

Goldie Hawn was also on Laugh-In.

Comment

Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In was on the air from 1968-1973. I watched it in the original run. It show cased a number of then young comedians, including Lily Tomlin and Goldie Hawn.

Henry Gibson was also one of them.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In was on the air from 1968-1973. I watched it in the original run. It show cased a number of then young comedians, including Lily Tomlin and Goldie Hawn.
          A decade before my time...

Comment

3-episode quiz: The Sentinel, Meridian & Revelations

Jigsaw puzzle: The Sentinel

Comment

8:20

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Ive never had the hate for this episode that some people have. It's mediocre. It just fades as a standard SG1 episode. Nothing groundbreaking. The idea of the Sentinel is nothing new nor is the shaky morals of the NID or the Goa'uld attacking. But at the same time i don't find it terrible or bad like Empanclation or Urgo. It's fair with 6 minutes 42 seconds
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Back from the UK I am... and I solved it 6 seconds faster than Jelgate did: 06:37

Comment

It was an okay episode. I enjoyed seeing Henry Gibson (on this thread, someone described him as kind of funky...Gibson made his career on being funky), and if you think he's a stupid character, I think he's an example of a regressive culture, where they're so protected they lose any initiative. Think of H.G. Well's The Time machine, showing the Eloi and Morlocks, the Eloi kind of like these people.

I do think it seems to be an underlining theme in Stargate that too many civilizations out there son't want to be protected, and don't want to deal with the Gou'ld. Leave them to their fate? Same question over Vietnam. The communists were more dynamic then the S. Vietnamese.
                      I did like seeing Grogan, although asleep in the open??? Hey, soldier, get your head out of your ass. At least MY army would have said that, but he's a good character. He survived, reacted, and was a good adjunct to O'Neill. I always thought he was better then Hailey or Elliot. Elliot always concerned me because he looked like Frank Simmons's son. The same face.

I liked how the rogue NID agent saved the day by becoming one with the Sentinel, certainly against his will. I also agree that for a large city, there were so few people...sort of like on the Gou'ld mother ships, there's almost no one to be seen. Guess the budget couldn't afford a lot of extras, although seeing a dozen people like Henry Gibson might have made you say F**k it...let' em die.

Comment

8:56

Comment

well if htey do not have real jobs for hte most part but are primarily artisans, why go outside when you can be partying inside or out in the woods or traveling along some lakes boating and having fun in various outdoor sceneries on such a fairly beautiful world etc, plus come on who wouldnt be barbequeing on a lovely river side while boating with family and freinds, and possibly even having wonderful plays and games

Comment

I was glad that Grogan appeared in this episode again and that he was not killed (contrary to poor Elliot).

And yes, he was shot more times during his training, but i always saw it as the lack of experiences (no incompetence or recklesness) which he started to get later and there he was able to avoid the capture longer than his comrades (he has the piece of luck as well, but who complains?), maybe several days (I am not sure of the exact timeframe).

Comment

Working...
                            X