• Show
Clear All

BSG Renewed for Third Season

From TV Week:

http://www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=28922

People
    October 31, 2005

Sci Fi Orders Third Round of 'Battlestar'

Though it will come as a surprise to no one, Sci Fi Channel is readying a third season of its grim space opera "Battlestar Galactica." The series fell off somewhat during its second season-dropping from an average of 1.7 million 18- to 49-year-old viewers last year to 1.5 million. But the program still helped lead Sci Fi to consistent Friday night victories over all of basic cable, besting runners-up TNT, USA Network and Spike. Sci Fi had no comment as the renewal deal was still being finalized.

Last week the network announced fellow Friday night dramas "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis" were renewed for 20 episodes each and noted that the 10th-season renewal of "SG-1" makes it the longest-running science fiction television program of all time, outlasting "The X-Files," "Twilight Zone" and every iteration of "Star Trek." -JAMES HIBBERD

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Whoot!

Though lets hope for no major cast changes...

Comment

This is great!!! Although BSG's future on Australias TV is still uncertain...at least theres DVD's...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
      Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
      Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

This is excellent news. Although not surprising at all. 8)
        sigpic

Comment

Now the big question is. . .is anyone not coming back?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Congrads BSG! Though I never doubted the renewal of that show. Happy!

Here's to hoping that cast renewals are less ambiguous than what's been going on at SG1 recently.

Comment

To be honest, doesn't the cast have one of those "five-year' plans going on? Same as Atlantis?
              Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                here, here. I agree.
                sigpic

Comment

Whoot!

Unless it for the story, I mean some most die for the sack of the story. Theres to much Death in this world to realisticly believe they we will make it to the end.
                  "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Er... doesn't Roslin have to die, like, SOON?

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9
                      Er... doesn't Roslin have to die, like, SOON?
                      Not necessarily. BSG doesn't seem to be lining up its timeline to our seasons. I don't recall the dates listed in this seasons episodes, but looking back at my DVDs I see that in "Kobol's Last Gleaming" Helo had been on Caprica for 50 days. The story arc from there to where we are now in season two could not have lasted for more than a few weeks. So we could only be around 65-70 days for 1.5 seasons. Since Roslin said she had like 6 months to live, it could be several seasons before she dies.

Comment

Whoot!

Amen to that AD...

I'm still dying to find out what the last of the other human form cylons look like too...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Just FYI:

The Futon Critic:
                          http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=7022

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- Sci Fi is on track to renew its popular original series "Battlestar Galactica," industry insiders reported over the weekend.

An official announcement is expected later this week once the deal is finalized.

"Battlestar," despite a 12.96% dip in viewership this season, remains the network's most-watched series with an average 2.06 household rating - slightly ahead of lead-ins "Stargate SG-1" (1.98 rating) and "Stargate Atlantis" (1.99 rating).

Both "SG-1" and "Atlantis" got the thumbs up for the 2006-07 season last week, also despite dips in viewership from their previous 10-week runs (down 5.37% and 12.00% respectively).

"Battlestar" nevertheless has been responsible for seven of Sci Fi's 10 most-watched broadcasts in 2005 - its two season openers leading the pack with a 2.6 household rating each.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                            Since Roslin said she had like 6 months to live, it could be several seasons before she dies.
                            In "Flight of the Phoenix" the doctor told Roslin that she was down to a matter of weeks, which makes me wonder what Mary M.'s contract with the show is.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

An episode in the second half is going to deal with her. Something I guess "halts" the cancer.
                              Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Working...
                              X