This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
    I know something is preventing Corin Nemec from returning. I've heard various reasons ranging from "busy with current projects" to "feuding with the producers." Whatever it is, I think if they're hurting for someone interesting, it would be good to bring back a former character who was underdeveloped. He wasn't around long enough to screw with his character (like poor Carter) and he'd be a nice familiar face. If Amanda were only transfering between shows and not permanent, I'd rather see Corin Nemec as a regular than CB. Cameron Mitchell, Jonas Quinn, Teal'c, and Daniel Jackson with well-written stories would be SG-1 enough for me. Not to mention some Jonas/Vala interactions would be very interesting.

Of course, like I said, I don't know if they even can bring Jonas back, and I know it's been said by a producer that they won't. But one can hope none the less.

EDIT: And now that we know Amanda is definitely willing to do 20 episodes, why bother having her go between Atlantis and SG-1? Jack and Pete are gone, and with no one to pine over we can get back to the old Carter that we enjoy.
    I couldn't agree more. Especially about Jonas. He seemed to get tossed aside once MS decided to come back on board.
    Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

I know something is preventing Corin Nemec from returning. I've heard various reasons ranging from "busy with current projects" to "feuding with the producers." Whatever it is, I think if they're hurting for someone interesting, it would be good to bring back a former character who was underdeveloped. He wasn't around long enough to screw with his character (like poor Carter) and he'd be a nice familiar face. If Amanda were only transfering between shows and not permanent, I'd rather see Corin Nemec as a regular than CB. Cameron Mitchell, Jonas Quinn, Teal'c, and Daniel Jackson with well-written stories would be SG-1 enough for me. Not to mention some Jonas/Vala interactions would be very interesting.
      "Busy with current projects" means that Corin is working. No actor hangs around hoping to get a role when something is in front of them, not unless they're financially secure or Tom Cruise... The 'feuding' thing is, like lot sof other comments, a rumor that probably started from one fan saying it and then it sprouted legs. However, if there are politics involved, we'll never know. Not our business.

The show is going to go with who sells the best, and Claudia Black is, at least to sci-fi fans, a more recognizable face than Corin Nemec (due to her years on Farscape) and quite honestly, they may be looking for a female character, not male. Yes, they cast by sex, height, hair color, you name it.

Comment

At least it's nice to know now that it appears we will still be having AT on Stargate. That something got posted to her website reassuring fans goes a long way to me. It just wouldn't be the same without her.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Carter will be returning for S10, Vala is too hooked on our good doctor not to be part of the team and T...., I hate to say this, but with Gerak out of the picture as leader of the FJN, T might split his time. He has an allegiance to both Earth and the FJN, so expect CJ to be there 'til the end of the run. Speaking of hiatus, the actors can do pretty much what they want. If MS decides to take off, DJ might go Ancient on us again. However, it's up to the actors. AT is rooted to Stargate (thank God), for 20 eps. in S10.

OT: Over the last few years, I've grown to admire AT... And no, it's not because of her looks! We share two things in common: My birthday is the day before hers (I'm 11 years younger), and we're twinned (We both have an identical brother)
          "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Nice to hear that Amanda will be back and that she is happy with the situation, regardless of how it works out. Personally, i'm still hoping there is at least some transition for her character between SG-1 and Atlantis but 20 episodes split between the two or all on SG-1, either way works for me!

Comment

Amanda will be back once the contracts are signed.... ditto with Michael Shanks.... so we have to wait till then.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                .... so we have to wait till then.
                I'm waiting!!!
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  I'm waiting!!!
                  Maybe you should try holding your breath. Not that that ever worked for me as a child, but you never know.

a time to mourn

Comment

Wow, I wonder when conclusion jumping will become a new sport. First, no one has signed any contracts yet, so whether or not AT will be appearing on both shows is still being hashed out, and to what extent (this could simply be she guest stars on one Atlantis episode) so there is no cause for panic.

I wouldn't count anyone out of the new season, I believe they will all sign on, no props whatsoever.

Next, yes they are trying to figure out a new direction for Sam, also not a bad thing. Them saying that they don't know what they are going to do with her acknowledges that they want to keep her and they want to make sure that they keep her to use her character as well as they can. This is great, it means Sam is going to once again have a large undertaking in the episodes. She is going to have more depth again, why are people panicking. TPTB admitting a fault in a charater or its development is not a death sentence, quite the oppisate actually.

Add to that if Amanda is happy with the situation (as she appears to be) why are people unhappy on her behalf? Me don't get it.

Seriously, I think the show has great potental. I love the new blood, I think it is working well as they have a new enemy aswell. I don't think it should have been another show, because it is still centrally about SG-1, so SG-1 fits (and lets face it, shows have continued with the same name when the show was named after an actor that leaves ie: Valerie never chnaged it's name when Valerie Harper was fired). I just think people have to give it a chance... And believe that the actors wouldn't sign on if there was nothing more to be told.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Well, Michael will be busy at least this week as he landed a role on the popular CSI :Miami series. Yes! Talk about great exposure. It's one of the top 10 shows on US TV, so this will give him greater exposure to non-scifi fans.

From the wolf 10 message board (it's STILl not on the main page)

"To everyone attending SG-10, I want to extend my sincere apology that I have at the eleventh hour to cancel my appearance. This is not something I do lightly but it is unavoidable. I have spend most of today/night with Bryan on the phone trying to work out a plan but we have failed to find a way round my work commitment. After having to cancel the Expo last week I was so sure that there would not be a problem with SG-10.

I will be guest starring on the US hit series CSI Miami and was only booked yesterday and am required on set Friday.

Not the news I wanted you to hear but I do wish you all the best at the event and will be phoning into SG-10 to talk to you all on Saturday."
                      Last edited by prion; 03 November 2005, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm happy for Shanks. Hope the ep on CSI goes good. Then he can get his butt back here where he belongs.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Of course, like I said, I don't know if they even can bring Jonas back, and I know it's been said by a producer that they won't. But one can hope none the less.

EDIT: And now that we know Amanda is definitely willing to do 20 episodes, why bother having her go between Atlantis and SG-1? Jack and Pete are gone, and with no one to pine over we can get back to the old Carter that we enjoy.
                          I'm glad Amanda is willing to do 20 episodes. While I like Claudia, I'd much rather see Sam than Vala. And I'd love for them to bring Corin back as Jonas and put him on the team.

Comment

Working...
                          X