Menace (519)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcinilux View Post
    Also, nothing is a satisfying and heartbreaking at the same time than Teary, torn Daniel whispering "You stupid son of a *****" to Jack.

Edit: Lol, I did not know this site automatically censored words... Makes that sentence look a lot worse rofl.
    Several words don't make it through the filter. The board is after all PG-13 in nature, so our posts should reflect that.
    There are other things that aren't allowed to be posted but you should read the rules cause all I remember is no manips (putting people's heads on other bodies and the like) and no posting of slash-fic on the board -- linking is allowed though.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Several words don't make it through the filter. The board is after all PG-13 in nature, so our posts should reflect that.
      There are other things that aren't allowed to be posted but you should read the rules cause all I remember is no manips (putting people's heads on other bodies and the like) and no posting of slash-fic on the board -- linking is allowed though.
      I will, thanks!

Comment

I think this was a good to fair episode.

First, I must say that Danielle Nicolette was awesome as Reese. She is also a shorty like me, so I appreciate her even more.

My question is how dumb do they need to be, to bring the only piece of technology on a planet where life was wiped out, back to earth? I was almost yelling at the TV because of it. Really, that colored my attitude for the whole episode.

To me, Daniel was trying to reason with a 4yo mentality in Reese. I am sorry, it might have worked for a short while, but then it might have not. I usually like Daniel, but for some reason I found him annoying here.

I totally agree with Jack that he did the right thing by shooting her. Really, they had to nip the replicators in the bud before they got a hold on Earth.

I really loved seeing Hammond in combat mode!

Comment

On the one hand, I'm quite satisfied with how this episode plays out, and on the other I want to smack Jack upside the head so bad. "You son of B****" -- Daniel's line just puts down in words everything that is wrong with this episode.

First of all, they clearly learned nothing from their previous missions where they bring stuff home that turns out to bite them in the behind. They all forgot that wonderful time capsule that put a spike through Jack's shoulder and pinned him to the wall of the gate room.

So, they bring another advanced bit of technology home and it, once again, spins vastly out of control. Who woulda thunk?!

Anyhoodle, Reese turns out to be the creator of the replicators and that opens up possibilities and at the same time a whole can of problems they haven't got an answer for. In the end, what Jack does when he shoots Reese, he does it to protect everyone. He's right, we don't know whether Reese was trying to shut the replicators down or whether they were already going beyond her orders again, and the harm of leaving her to decide about it, would have been the planet when they made it out. Did he make the right decision when he shot her? In his military detached mind, he did. On a different level, I don't know... should he given Reese the benefit of the doubt... maybe, maybe not -- is there even a grey area here to consider. I don't know...

How would you rate SG-1's "Menace?"

Excellent
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
          My question is how dumb do they need to be, to bring the only piece of technology on a planet where life was wiped out, back to earth? I was almost yelling at the TV because of it. Really, that colored my attitude for the whole episode.
          You'd think they would have learned their lesson by now... but nope, they clearly haven't.

3-episode quiz: Fail Safe, The Warrior & Menace

Jigsaw puzzle: Menace
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 22 July 2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

That's consistent.

Comment

11:08 You got a better time, Who knows!

Comment

FH, your parents made you wrong. I couldn't resist that joke. This is one of my favorite episodes. Not so much about Reese. I like this episode because it kind of explains the origin of the Replicators with leaving room to explore. Never understood why the Replicators left the Milky Way to encounter the Asgard in Ida. As for the ending, i think It's important that both Jack and Daniel were right. I give it a hood
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    FH, your parents made you wrong. I couldn't resist that joke.
                    Take it up with my parents...

7:59 on the jigsaw and oh my goddess... one of the students outside has a horribly annoying laugh... she may regret keeping me awake right now. I feel like leaving tomorrow morning honking the hell out of this street and the building across the road.

Comment

7 minutes and 21 seconds with 12/15. Not my best quiz
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        7 minutes and 21 seconds with 12/15. Not my best quiz

I can't do the quizzes this far away from the viewing.

Comment

That is what you get for not sticking to the schedule
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I might meet back up with you guys when I am done with my summer rewatch. I am on season 9 ep 14 now.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                              I can't do the quizzes this far away from the viewing.
                              You can always try -- and redo them after.

I won't make it to the end of SG-1 until sometime next year or so.

Comment

This was a good piece for Shanks. Michael and Reece were strong together, and the actress who played Reece did very well, but I agree she isn't that young. The replicators made a great entrance, didn't they?
                                Sneaking out of a child's shelves.

The last scene was strong between O'Neill and Daniel. Both did what they had to do, and there was no choice but to kill Reece. AT THAT MOMENT, the replicators were ready to start killing. Military thinking is taking decisive action in an instant.
                                Fun seeing Hammond do some shooting.
                                No, I don't think Daniel loved Reece. he just wanted to do things in a compassionate, human way.
                                Reece's unleashing reminded me of Forbidden Planet, where Morbius unleashed monsters in his sleep. Anyone catch that resemblance?
                                Listening to the commentary, everyone said this was shot on the day 9-11 happened, and they were subdued and worried, especially Chris Judge, since he had family in NYC. They said it was tough getting him to do scenes. Also, the idea of 'innocent' people bringing on deadly invaders sobered the crew on set.

Comment

Working...
                                X