This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Daniel in Season 10?

Not sure where to put this, so would a mod please place it properly? Thank you.

This was posted over at the London expo sight earlier today:

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:15 pm
    Post subject: guest cancellation MICHAEL SHANKS

Michael is now unable to attend the Expo this coming Sunday due to an important meeting he has to take in LA to do with a potential major TV role.

He sends his sincere apologies and hopes to attend next year.

He will still be attending SG10 and will be doing the store signings the week following SG10.

Sorry

Admin

Does this mean he won't be coming back to STARGATE for Season 10????

Carin

no
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Dammit. I'm stewarding there that day, as well!

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
      ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Personal opinion? The "major TV role" isn't a role on a series... or not as a permanent character on a series.

Either it's poor word choice on the part of whoever wrote it, or it's engendered to create hysteria in fandom. That's certainly the way it's being used, anyway.

MS left for S6 and came back. I don't think he'd leave again until the end.

Of course, anything's possible, but I really doubt he's calling it quits. Especially since, from the sound of things, S10 will be Daniel-centric. Or, at least, where Vala goes, Daniel follows.
        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 28 October 2005, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Personal opinion? The "major TV role" isn't a role on a series... or not as a permanent character on a series.

Either it's poor word choice on the part of whoever wrote it, or it's engendered to create hysteria in fandom. That's certainly the way it's being used, anyway.

MS bailed on S6 and came back. I don't think he'd bail out again until the end.

Of course, anything's possible, but I really doubt he's calling it quits. Especially since, from the sound of things, S10 will be Daniel-centric. Or, at least, where Vala goes, Daniel follows.
          Um, 'bailing' means you leaving a sinking ship.... His contract came up for renewal; he chose to go a different direction. We're not going to rehash that crap again, are we? Would hope folk could move on from that Daniel-Jonas stuff.

Meanwhile, yes, peculiar wording (as one person's 'major' is another person's 'minor') but I simply asked Joe in his Ask thread; after all, everybody *thought* that renewal meant everybody was coming back in season 6, right?

Comment

I don't think it means anything other than that he might be working during the hiatus. Though of course everyone has the right to change their minds, I'v previously read in an interview with MS that he said he would not leave as long as the character of Daniel Jackson still existed
            I sure someone will ask him at the SG10 con next week
            AncientsTimeline

Comment

Not everything I say is intended to be inflammatory. Shocking revelation, I know.

Shanks left Stargate. He moved on. Then he came back. *shrug* I don't see him leaving again until the show is over.

Maybe he'll do a guest apparance on Boston Legal, alongside James Spader. Double your Daniel fun.

Comment

At this point, the only actual news we have is he had to miss an appearance because of a meeting for a possible tv role. Major is a subjective word. There's nothing that says this role, will or won't make him leave in season 10. I'll wait until there are more details before speculating. All I can say now is, I'd like him to stay for season 10, but if he does have another project I wish him well, and hope it's something that I'd enjoy.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

My laughter will be heard world-round if this turns into a big stink and then it turns out Daniel is going to Atlantis.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Not everything I say is intended to be inflammatory. Shocking revelation, I know.

Shanks left Stargate. He moved on. Then he came back. *shrug* I don't see him leaving again until the show is over.

Maybe he'll do a guest apparance on Boston Legal, alongside James Spader. Double your Daniel fun.
                    I agree with you on the point that Michael Shanks probably won't leave Sg-1 again. I mean come on, he's going to be getting serious screen time (not that he hasn't already). This season and next I'm sure will focus on Daniel quite a bit. I just don't see him leaving.

ShadowMaat, as for Shanks doing Boston Legal, that would be so funny. Anyone familiar with the Stargate universe would definitely be rolling with laughter on that one.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Not at all.
                      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Ok, I won't go into my usual rant () here like I would in the Anti-S9 thread, but I saw that title, and once my heart rate dropped back down to normal (..) I started to wonder how I can let TPTB surprise me any more than they already have. It's amazing (horribly so) what they've done with this season so far....but I have to say, I'm gonna start crying if Daniel leaves (or if he's the father of Vala's kid...) because then there is 110% no hope for Stargate SG-1 anymore....

Just my two cents
                        - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                        Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

I agree, if MS goes, the show is over, I dont think it can stand to loose another star after loosing RDA after season 8. But I remember reading that Michael Shanks has said that he will stay with Stargate as long as he can, and I cant see him changing his mind, I can really see him moving to Atlantis if SG-1 doesnt make season 11. I am 100% sure that he will come back for season 10
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I doubt that Sony would have agreed to a S10 without assurences that all the major cast members would be around. This is probably for a hiatus film or a guest role in a big/mainstream show. While SG1 could survive without MS/Daniel for one season and the show can carry on without RDA/Jack, I very much doubt it could survive if neither of them were on the show.

Comment

Well, I'm pretty sure Michael will return for season 10, what with the new story arc and characters opening up so much interesting new ground for him. But, if it comes down to a choice for him between staying and taking on a new show, then I hope SciFi will make him an offer he cannot refuse because without him the show will not achieve the ratings it has been getting this year and consequently the money it generates will drop.

I would hate for our show to peter out pathetically without the people who made it what it is. (RDA we miss you too!)
                              Archeopuppy.

"The relationship between Jackson and O'Neill is a lot like what Michael and I are all about. It's light-hearted and intelligent, although he's much smarter than me."
                              Richard Dean Anderson.

Comment

Working...
                              X