No announcement yet.

The Warrior (518)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes but in a fight the delay on fireing and the speed of that shot renders it unusable

Comment

O'Neill in fear of losing authority - oh,oh. Not good in this - Teal'c great, walking a fine line temporarily.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
        O'Neill in fear of losing authority - oh,oh.
        I don't agree. I think Jack is an exceptional judge of character who can tell that something is off with K'tano.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

But he is afraid of losing Teal'c - he says it, he reminds him of being a member of SG1, O'Neill is in command and if his team members don't "function" it's a sign of losing control!
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Jack's fear is not of his own weakened command. Jack doesn't trust K'tano, and he fears what will happen to Teal'c under K'tano. He fears for his friend. Anyway, that's how it seems to me.

Comment

I agree, but I think those facts go hand in hand here.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

To me, Jack would not fear losing authority, because that would imply he was insecure (IMO). He doesn't want Teal'c on his team because he likes to boss him around, he wants him because 1) he's a valuable asset and b) he's become a very good friend.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Yes, he sees Teal'c getting swept away with the idea of K'tano and not seeing that there is something fishy about him. K'tano is likely to get Teal'c killed.

Comment

Very good Jaffa episode, enjoyed it more than I thought I would. You can see what it means for T'ealc to see his people free and strong. The combat scenes seemed like the Mortal Kombat movie with the slo-motion. I didn't see the Goa'uld in K'tano twist coming as I thought it would be too obvious.. If that makes sense. I think Jack would be in some trouble if K'tano turned out to be a real leader. He was perhaps a little too imposing when questioning their tactics.

Comment

This the one with the Sodan?
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No, with Imhotep.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Ah, right. The Sodan was later, in a different season.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Ah, right. The Sodan was later, in a different season.
                            S9, Babylon
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              S9, Babylon
                              Oops, much later.

Comment

Rewatched this episode just now as part of a binge watch.
                                I kind of came away from this that Imhotep a minor almost nobody Goa'uld, a pyramid builder (read. construction contractor) for the big players at best was being an opportunist and would exploit the Jaffa rebellion for his own purposes. Yu a sort of "liberal" among Goa'uld was going to pit Teal'c against him. Which ever loses it suits Yu either way.
                                Jack, could respect Braitac. It wasn't their ways. Even Braitac questioned some of it till Imhotep got lucky and didn't get killed.
                                Another thing I wanted to point out was that Tiel'c up to this point is the single most important resource the SGC has ever gained. According to earlier episodes with the mirror. This SGC is one of only a few that was not overrun by the Goa'Uld.
                                I mean if I was in charge of the SGC I would collect every ounce of Naquada in every staff weapon littered in every goa"uld battlefield. That alone could be a life saver and perhaps power a rapid fire energy weapon. The one thing in humanities favor against the Goa'uld is our military are better tacticians.
                                Oh and SG1 did not take any of that Naquada home.

The training scenes they used Capoeira. Perfectly exotic enough to pass as alien.

Comment

Working...
                                X