No announcement yet.

The Warrior (518)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always wanted to learn Capoeira -- it's one of the things in this episode that I really like.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Me too

Comment

This is a good episode. I think I liked it better the first time that I watched it, but I think that stands to reason considering the twist at the end.

SG1 are really arrogant in their ways in this, but I understand it more when encountering something like death not being that big a deal to a culture. Jack's instincts are on target here, too bad Teal'c and Bra'tac are too blinded with the promise of freedom for the Jaffas that they stop questioning whether it is too good to be true.

It is sad for Teal'c that this rebellion was fake. He so wants the freedom for his people that he can't see that until he is betrayed by K'Tano. I think that Yu tells Teal'c about K'Tano because he wants Teal'c to get rid of K'Tano for him. I feel that Yu is the most likable of the Goa'uld, I find myself siding with him.

I also liked that Jack had Sam do the demonstration. Her smile at the end was perfect.

Comment

A most excellent episode where a minor league Goa'uld tries to win himself an army by impersonating a jaffa who wants nothing more than freedom for his people. It's quite clever and like Carter says at one point -- K'Tano has the presence to achieve the obedience the Jaffa seem to display towards him and the cause.

They are willing to lay down their lives for "freedom" and him. This story perfectly fits with current day politics where fanatical groups, using violent ways or pursuasion through other means, try to reach a specific goal. All it takes is a charismatic leader and an agenda pointing in the follower's POV, right way... and bam... you have a group willing to do just about anything to achieve a place in the kingdom of heaven, as promised by a great leader. In god's name... whichever god that is.

Teal'c falling for K'Tano's words seems true to his character, simply because he wishes his people to be free and K'Tano seems able to give that. He wants it to be true so badly that, I think, he simply looses focus of the bigger picture which Colonel O'Neill clearly doesn't do. But he's more suspicious by nature so it would take a great deal more to pursuade him of the true cause.

Love the demonstration by Carter and Rak'nor. And the capoeera fighting style on display in Imhotep's men. Pretty neat stuff.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Warrior?"

Excellent
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
          I feel that Yu is the most likable of the Goa'uld, I find myself siding with him.
          Probably because he never started out as impersonating a god.

There was a legendary general at the end of the Han-dynasty by the name of Guan Yu, and it wasn't until much later in Chinese history that he was revered as a god of war, so he was man first, god later. Much like Imhotep.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Probably because he never started out as impersonating a god.

There was a legendary general at the end of the Han-dynasty by the name of Guan Yu, and it wasn't until much later in Chinese history that he was revered as a god of war, so he was man first, god later. Much like Imhotep.
            Hmm... interesting. You teach me new things. . This year my youngest and I are covering ancient history-- should be fun.

Comment

Hmm... interesting. You teach me new things. . This year my youngest and I are covering ancient history-- should be fun.
              What period of ancient history, or ancient history in general?

I studied archaeology for a while and my sister is an assyriologist, and our best friend's an egyptologist, and my two besties are archaeologists so... any time you need info... just holla...

We cover everything from stone age, all the way to WWII.
              Dinosaur-age is a hobby.

Comment

Summary of the text we are using:

Covering world history and culture from prehistory through the Greeks, the rise of Christianity, up through the Middle Ages, as well as developments in China, Japan, Russia, Europe, Africa, and the Americas up to the mid-1800s.

Comment

Covering world history and culture from prehistory through the Greeks, the rise of Christianity, up through the Middle Ages, as well as developments in China, Japan, Russia, Europe, Africa, and the Americas up to the mid-1800s.
                  Wow... that's a lot of historic ground to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    This story perfectly fits with current day politics where fanatical groups, using violent ways or persuasion through other means, try to reach a specific goal.
                    I take issue with this, but only because I think you're wrong in adding the phrase "current day". I think this definition of politics applies throughout recorded history.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                      I take issue with this, but only because I think you're wrong in adding the phrase "current day". I think this definition of politics applies throughout recorded history.
                      It does but I mean that from the time it was made, the subject is still applicable today.
                      But it does apply to every bit history in our past and, no doubt, our future.

Comment

3-episode quiz: Fail Safe, The Warrior & Menace

Jigsaw puzzle: The Warrior

Comment

9:40

Comment

To me, this is the episode that started the Jaffa Rebellion. Episodes before this showed all Jaffa thought Tealc and Bra'tac were nuts for fighting the Goa'uld. While I do like this episode I think the ball was dropped. We spent so much time on how the Jaffa ways our different with Jack's prejudice and the situation just disappears when Yu captures Tealc. I think it would have been a better ending if Kytano was not a Goa'uld and the two had a difference of opinion. I'll give it a fair
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

08:36

Comment

Working...
                                X