Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ultimate TESTING Posts/Sigs/Etc. Thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultimate TESTING Posts/Sigs/Etc. Thread!

Hey, folks!

Please use this thread for any and all test posts.

• Are you a newbie and want to see what your posts will look like?
    • Made a new sig and want to see what it looks like (without hunting for an existing post you've made)?
    • Not sure about how to use those fancy vBulletin tags -- like the [ spoiler] tag -- and want to try them out without looking dopey?
    This is the thread for you! We'll be closing the "Testing Ground" folder and consolidating all such posts here from now on.

Note: Posts made in this thread, and anywhere in the Off-Topic folder, do not count toward your overall post count. Don't be surprised when your post count doesn't increment!

Most recent Sig Guidelines/rules : Where did my sig go? Sig rules and questions
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 09 March 2013, 10:16 AM. Reason: Added crosslink.:)
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Darren, I just have to say that this is a good idea (I think).
    sigpic

Comment

so this eliminates the Testing Ground Thread
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
        so this eliminates the Testing Ground Thread
        As I understood it, the entire Testing Ground section will be gone soon.

On that note, if one wishes to test something that requires they start the thread, I presume it's to be done in Off-Topic now?
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
          As I understood it, the entire Testing Ground section will be gone soon.

On that note, if one wishes to test something that requires they start the thread, I presume it's to be done in Off-Topic now?
          Yes

Yes
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

re-testing sig
            attention, this is a test

Comment

Testing avatar...wish I could DL my own

Comment

I'm almost have my custom avatar *sigh* after all this time ... how do I test that ?
                I check the FAQ for Avatar, it doesn't explain on the sizes, I assume it's 60X60 ? Could anyone verify that ? I don't want to post oversized avatar. thanks.
                sigpic
                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
                  I'm almost have my custom avatar *sigh* after all this time ... how do I test that ?
                  I check the FAQ for Avatar, it doesn't explain on the sizes, I assume it's 60X60 ? Could anyone verify that ? I don't want to post oversized avatar. thanks.
                  I think the dimensions are like 60 x 65, and up to 5K in size. You can only upload a custom avatar after you have 1800 or more posts. Once you do have 1800 posts, go to "My Controls" and select Edit Avatar, will you'll be able to upload your custom avatar.

Comment

The maximum size of your custom image is 65 by 60 pixels or 7.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

You need 1801 posts and then it takes a little while for the forum to notice and for the box to come up
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Sigh 1801 posts well hopefully i'll be at 801 soon and get cooler ones but what does it matter really like some ppl have been her for a year and only have like 100posts

i say its not the amount of posts its what you wright in them.

The success or failure of your posts does not add up to the sum of your Avatar. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your posts and by the strength of which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.
                      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                        I can't think of any situation that should require a new thread to be started for testing purposes. But yes, in theory if it were necessary, it should go here in Off-Topic.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                          The success or failure of your posts does not add up to the sum of your Avatar. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your posts and by the strength of which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.
                          Wow. That was deep.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                            Wow. That was deep.
                            yeah deep!. when you know you've reached 1801post, then the avatars you prepared are cooked er.. ready for display

thanks for the tip TW!
                            sigpic
                            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Testing...1....2...3...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Working...
                              X