No announcement yet.

Favorite Serenity / Firefly one-liners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this has been done to ABSOLUTE death but.........

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar." Damn that was a fine line, I also like...
    Spoiler:
    Mal:"Rooster comes home to the roost." BANG a ship crashes into them and bounces off the hull visible from the bridge. Mal:"What the hell was that?!" Wash:"It's ok...i'm, i'm a leaf on the wind..." Mal: "What does that mean!?!?"

Damned fine moments through the entire series/Movie, Joss Whedon should direct/write everything...
    Last edited by Ascended Times.2; 27 October 2005, 04:16 AM.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

There are so many:

Mal to Simon concerning River: See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with. Long as she does it quiet like.

Mal concerning "Mrs. Reynolds": Oh, I'm gonna go to the special hell.

Wash: I've been in a firefight. Well, I was in a fire. Actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity.
      -girlgater

Comment

Most of my favourite one liners come from Mal or Jayne. The muscular buttocks is especially funny.

"Care to explain to me why there's a statue of you lookin at me like I owe him sumthin?" Mal, Jaynestown.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
          “This must be what going mad feels like.” (Jaynestown when he can’t get over the fact that Jayne has a statue….and then later a song. I love his facial expression when he sees the statue.)
          ROFL!!! I love Simon's face when he says that! It's almost funnier than the line itself!
          Last edited by Sela; 27 October 2005, 08:18 AM.
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater

Mal concerning "Mrs. Reynolds": Oh, I'm gonna go to the special hell.

Wash: I've been in a firefight. Well, I was in a fire. Actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity.
            The last one is fantastic.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

If wishes were horses we'd all eat steak.

Madeleine

Comment

"Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?"

"Kaylee, what the hell's going on in the engine room? Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"

"You know, they tell ya to never hit a man with a closed fist but it is, on occasion, hilarious."

"You can't open the book of my life and jump in the middle. Like woman, I'm a mystery."

"One of you is gonna fall and die and I'm not cleaning it up."

I'll stop now.

Comment

Jayne: Let's move this conversation in a not-Jayne's-fault direction.

Mal: You've only got to scare him.
                  Jayne: Pain is scary.

Comment

Wash: River's a psychic? That's a little too science fiction for me....
                    Zoe: You live in a space ship, hun.

or...

I loved this; Jayne: She'll turn you in before you can say...'Hey don't turn me in, Lady...'

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
                    Spoiler:
                    SCI-FI....
                    I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

Let's face it, the whole shows a good one-liner.

Jayne*over radio*: Oh, girl, now that's just plain dirty.
                      Mal: Jayne are you aware your radio's transmittin'? Cause I don't feel particularly girlish or dirty at the moment.

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
                      Spoiler:
                      SCI-FI....
                      I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

BANDIT: I think maybe you're gonna give me a little one-on-one time with the Mrs.
                        JAYNE: You might wanna reconsider that last part. I married me a powerful ugly creature.
                        MAL: How can you say that? How can you shame me in front of new people?
                        JAYNE: If I could make you prettier, I would.
                        MAL: You're not the man I met a year ago.

I love this whole conversation.

Comment

K, here it goes:

Jayne (about Kaylee): Captain, can you stop her from bein' cheerful, please?
                          Mal: I don't believe there is a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful. Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month.
                          Kaylee: I love my captain

Mal: Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that.

Mal: Kaylee, what the hell's going on in the engine room? Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose? (Space Monkeys, hehehe!!!!)

Zoe: Sir, I think you have a problem with your brain being missing.

Kaylee: Yes, sir, Captain Tight-Pants.

Harrow: Whom do you represent?
                          Mal: "Represent" isn't exactly the...
                          Harrow: Don't waste my time.
                          Mal: Fellow called Badger.
                          Harrow: I know him, and I think he's a psychotic lowlife.
                          Mal: And I think calling him that is an insult to the psychotic lowlife community.

River: Little soul, big world. Eat, sleep and eat. Many souls.
                          Mal: Cattle on the ship three weeks, she don't go near 'em. Suddenly we're on Jiangyin, and she's got a driving need to commune with the beasts.
                          River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky, and they remember what they are.
                          Mal: Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Zoe: Captain will come up with a plan.
                          Kaylee: Well, that's good. Right?
                          Zoe: Possible you're not recalling some of his previous plans.

Mal: Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
                          Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir.
                          Mal: Ain't we just?

Mal: You know, you're all makin' a big deal. I would appreciate it if one person on this boat would not assume that I'm an evil, lecherous hump.
                          Zoe: Nobody's saying that, sir.
                          Wash: Yeah, we're pretty much just giving each other significant glances and laughing incessantly.

Mal: Can I come in?
                          Inara: No.
                          Mal: See? That's why I usually don't ask.

Jayne: Um... I'm no good with words. Don't... don't use 'em much myself. But I want to thank you all for bein' here, and uh, thinkin' so much of me. Uh... far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end and you... well, you took it. And that's... well, I guess that's somethin'.
                          Kaylee: Wow. That didn't sound half bad.
                          Mal: I'm shocked my own self.

River: Just keep walkin', preacher man.

Simon: You are my beautiful sister.
                          River: I threw up on your bed.
                          Simon: Yep. Definitely my sister.

Wash: Hey, I've been in a firefight before! ... Well, I was in a fire. ... Actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity. I can handle myself.

Wash: I mean, I'm the one she swore to love, honor and obey.
                          Mal: Listen...She swore to obey?
                          Wash: Well, no.

Zoe: Jayne. This is something the Captain has to do for himself.
                          Mal: No! No, it's not!
                          Zoe: Oh.

Inara: Right. You're a criminal mastermind. What was the last cargo we snuck past the Alliance to transport?
                          Mal: We made a perfectly good piece --
                          Inara: What was the cargo?
                          Mal: They were dolls!
                          Inara: They were little geisha dolls with big heads that wobbled!
                          Mal: People love those!

Inara: Well, since I can't seem to find work as companion, I might as well become a petty thief like you!
                          Mal: Petty.
                          Inara: I didn't mean petty.
                          Mal: What did you mean?
                          Inara: Suo-shee?
                          Mal: That's Chinese for petty.

Jayne: (of his new hat) How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don'tchya think?
                          Kaylee: I think it's the sweetest hat ever.
                          Book: Makes a statement.
                          Jayne: Yeah, yeah!
                          Wash: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.
                          Jayne: Damn straight

Jayne: Good. 'cause I don't know these folks. Don't much care to.
                          Mal: They're whores.
                          Jayne: I'm in.

Kaylee: Everybody's got somebody. Wash, tell me I'm pretty.
                          Wash: Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion.
                          Kaylee: 'Cause I'm pretty?
                          Wash: "Cause your pretty.

Jayne: Whoa now, girl, that's just plain dirty--
                          Mal: Jayne...you aware your radio's transmittin'? Cause I ain't feelin' particular girlish or dirty at the moment.

Wash: Little River just gets more colorful by the moment. What'll she do next?
                          Zoe: Either blow us all up or rub soup in our hair. It's a toss-up.
                          Wash: I hope she does the soup thing. It's always a hoot, and we don't all die from it.

Jayne: Anybody remember her comin' at me with a butcher's knife?
                          Wash: Wacky fun.
                          Jayne: You wanna go, little man?
                          Wash: Only if it's someplace with candlelight.

Zoe: Sir, I know she's unpredictable, but I don't think she'd harm anyone.
                          Jayne: Butcher's knife!
                          Zoe: Anyone we can't spare.

Jayne: Well...I don't like the idea of someone hearin' what I'm thinkin'.
                          Inara: No one likes the idea of hearing what you're thinking.

Simon: You're out of your mind.
                          Early: That's between me and my mind.

Simon: (sing-song) Come on out, River. The nice man wants to kidnap you.
                          Early: Where'd she go?
                          Simon: I can't keep track of her when she's not incorporeally possessing a space ship.

Mal: Go on. Get in there. Give your brother a thrashing for messing up your plan.
                          River: He takes so much looking after.

And from the Movie: "I swallowed a bug," River. That line cracks me up. Even after 4 times seeing it.

Comment

The whole show is just full of one liners. That's what makes the show so good- it isn't taken too seriously and there is always a lot to laugh at.

Comment

Originally posted by Na'onac
                              The whole show is just full of one liners. That's what makes the show so good- it isn't taken too seriously and there is always a lot to laugh at.
                              That's certainly true. The deleted scene is also great, the one where River askes Book to marry her and Simon.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Methinks Spacemonkey_Jackson has waaaaaaaaaaay too much time on his hands...

...And, one of Early's best quotes in 'Objects':
                                Early - "Y'know, with the exception of one fairly unpredictable midget, this girl is the smallest cargo i've ever had to transport, yet by far the most troublesome... does that seem right to you?"
                                Simon - "... What'd he do?"
                                Early - "Who?"
                                Simon - "The midget"
                                Early - "... Arson... that man looooved fire"

So random it just works...
                                Last edited by Mefusta; 28 October 2005, 05:56 AM.
                                Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                                Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                                Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                                - Serenity

Comment

Working...
                                X