X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wriath = germany in WW2

If the Wriath are human in part.

THey could be a group of humans who advance to the point where they felt superior to everyone else, and thus thought they deserve some measure of Immortailty.

They found that by becoming Wraith they could live forever. So the entire civilzation said "We are the best humans can be, the rest are food for our empire"

Does it not feel like Nazaizam( pardon the spelling)?

No, the wraith were created when the bug ,that sucks the life out of people ,came into compact with humans .During the time,when they were sucking the life out of a human, their gentic makeup mutated into a halfhuman-halfbug creature, we call the wraith.
    Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
    Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
    - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
    - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Originally posted by Deckker

THey could be a group of humans who advance to the point where they felt superior to everyone else, and thus thought they deserve some measure of Immortailty.

They found that by becoming Wraith they could live forever. So the entire civilzation said "We are the best humans can be, the rest are food for our empire"

I see where your coming from - kinda - the whole Germany thing threw me but anyway

The problem with your theory is that wraith need to feed on humans to live. otherwise they die. They see as no more evil than humans eating a cow (Wraith PoV not mine). About Wraith feeling superior to humans well what have they got to feel superior about, advanced technology, immortality, telepathy, super strength and speed... see nothing
      sigpic

Comment

The Wraith are a bug/human hybrid, they aren't considered truly human, advanced or otherwise. I would say that they consider themselves better than humans mainly in the way many people think of animals as inferior, they see us as being around purely for their benefit. The Wraith are taught at a young age to consider people as nothing but food, otherwise they couldn't survive very easily. The Wraith are, in ways, physically advanced, and they are certainly technologically advanced, and there, actually, is the strong denouncement of their being like the Nazis, who, as frustrating as it is for me to admit, were actually human, and no more advanced than any other race of people, less advanced, really, at least in moral standards.

Comment

Oh, here we go....Another person who likes comparing World war two to Stargate! Ok, Germany WAS bad, fine. It happend it's over, the Wraith are in NO WAY Germany, nor are the Goa'uld, or the Ori, or the....ANYTHING TPTB (The powers that be) Are not basing anything on THAT kind of history, nor are they basing it on any known peoples.

The Wraith hunt, because they need to. Not because they enjoy it. *Note: Some Wraith may enjoy it, ALA a Runner.*

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

i think imo that comparing wriath to the zazis is a is a bad comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
              i think imo that comparing wriath to the zazis is a is a bad comparison
              It's Natzis...and I concur. As said by my previous post...Glad to see i've got supporters.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Deckker

I get where you're going with this, but I'm going to have to disagree for the reasons that have already been given by other posters. Also, we've already had Space-Nazis in the stargate universe

-Chachi
                Hermiod: "Crap indeed!"

Comment

Well if you take away the spaceships they'd certainly lose to Germany in WW2... oh my sweet lord would they ever lose.

Comment

Its not really a comparison that stands up to scrutiny. The Nazis did what they did because they were following a vicious political doctrine under the guidance of a charismatic, megalomaniac. The Wraith are simply at the top of the food chain doing what they have evovled to do. There is no valid comparison between they two.
                    "I don't care if I fall as long as someone picks up my gun and keeps on shooting"

Comment

No there is no comparison between the two. Wraith - need for food. Nazis - desire to rule dictatorialy and exterminate those different (in their oppinion) than them.
                      note: Some people do not know history, geography, and they really don't care. They do not need to be bothered with such things, and the producers know that. If the audience would have wanted history lessons they would watch Discovery, if they would have wanted politics they watch CNN. But if they want sci fi they watch the Sci Fi Channel.
                      The most damaging thing to any sci fi show would be politics. Some people do not want to broadcast sci fi shows with politics in it (especially the US ones).
                      School is overrated.

Comment

Nazi like - NO.
                        Vampire like - YES.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                          Nazi like - NO.
                          Vampire like - YES.
                          thats a better comparison cause they have to feed on us to sustain life much like a vampire. so in a way wraith are just like anyother animal they do what they must to survie for now it just sucks to be human in the peagus galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by DENIZEN_OF_NE'TU
                            Its not really a comparison that stands up to scrutiny. The Nazis did what they did because they were following a vicious political doctrine under the guidance of a charismatic, megalomaniac. The Wraith are simply at the top of the food chain doing what they have evovled to do. There is no valid comparison between they two.
                            Thanks, my point exactly..

The comparison Wraith - Nazis stinks! For the posted reasons.

And to some people who seem to like prejudices or just don't know better, believe it or not, they were a lot of Germans in WW II that did not go around killing people, so I'd really appreciate if you said 'Nazis', not 'Germans' or 'Germany'...

Anyway, this forum is supposed to be fun, so I probably shouldn't start a political discussion here
                            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Is the Third Reich better than Germany in WW2?
                              School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X