This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shippy petition Re S8

He folks. I know I've only been here a few days, but those 'Affinity' pics if Sam and are the last straw for me.

On various shows, I have put up with TPTB strange writing decisions, and their ignorance of the fans. I always trusted their jugement until now.

I've decided to send a letter to the Production/Writing staff, and I would like to attach a petition of names.

I'f you'd like your name included, please either email me at

[email protected]

or post here telling me your name and age as well as your country.

Thanks

Suz
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that this might need spoiler space.
    I am blessedly unaware of what the "affinity" pics are of...however now I know they're somehow either shippy or un-shippy. (does that make that sentence redundant?) - depending on your stance... from this post, considering my ignorance of the contents of the pics, I can't tell your leaning.

And this also could quite possibly be more appropriate in the season eight folder as it seems to be on one particular ep.

Comment

I've added a spoiler warning to the thread title
      sigpic

Comment

Ok. Thanks GateGipsy.

Sorry about that, but I'm new to all this stuff!
        sigpic

Comment

Just a thought, but online petitions are virtually useless. Adding names to a written petition from online sources is about as convincing to TPTB as getting them at random from the phone book.
          sigpic

Comment

I can only try!

I'm thinking of maybe getting people to put in their own messages, so that TPTB know it's genuine.
            sigpic

Comment

oh please...

Comment

Hey. Everybody including myself is happy that Daniel Jackson is back on the show. It was fan campaigning that got him back on the show. If you support this petition, then post. I f you don't, then do what you'd do with TPTB, and keep quiet!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm also not threatening TPTB. I'm letting them know the stance of a large group of people. on the whole ship issue. I will be watching season eight, regardless of whether or not the Jack/Sam plot line is there or not. I'm not going to be issuing an ultimatum!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    I might have problems with plotlines and character development, but I'm not about to make threats or demands of TPTB or "let them know how I feel".
                    What on earth is so bad about letting someone who is creating a consumer product know how you feel about their product? It is called feedback, not threats. If a show is doing something that I don't like, and I write to them telling them that I don't like it and explaining why I don't like it, then I'm following in a tradition that is hundreds of years old.

You harshly condemn people for making a situation worse by expressing their feelings to the show's creators, but I really don't understand why you think it is such a bad thing. People have always written letters. People wrote to complain or praise silent movies and early radio shows. I wrote letters to my favourite shows when I was a kid, when I was a teenager, when I was an adult.

No doubt someone said to Shakespeare 'I loved Romeo and Juliet, but that Troilus and Cressida has far to much fighting for my tastes'.

The point is, since when did that harmless pasttime become 'stuff that only makes things worse'? I know that what makes me happy doesn't make everyone happy, but I can only speak for myself. And I should do so - as should anyone as long as they are polite in their attitude.

That argument really doesn't make any sense. If you follow it, then really you shouldn't vote either, because the way you want the country run would only make you happy, it wouldn't make everyone happy, and if you vote and get your way then you're unfairly imposing your will on everyone else and that's inconsiderate...
                    sigpic

Comment

I very much doubt it that it was the fans which got MS back into SG1.

Comment

I don't understand why non shippers Sam and Jack are posting here .
                        I thought it was a petition for SaveSamandJack

Anyway ..we just need to find out how the SaveDanielJackson petition was done ...that's all ...and then all 3000 + Sam and Jack SHIPPERS ALL OVER THE NET can post .. I'll call them ..I know where they are ..They all watch my videos.

That's all

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          I'll call them ..I know where they are ..They all watch my videos.
                          Too funny! Thanks for lightening the mood around here.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm in of course...do you need real name?

Lisa/21/United States

and I'd like to start another petition to get rid of Pete thats not related to S/J ship...just for anyone who wants to see him go far far away.

and I can probably get three more people too

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                            ~Imzadi
                            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              He folks. I know I've only been here a few days, but those 'Affinity' pics if Sam and are the last straw for me.

On various shows, I have put up with TPTB strange writing decisions, and their ignorance of the fans. I always trusted their jugement until now.

I've decided to send a letter to the Production/Writing staff, and I would like to attach a petition of names.

I'f you'd like your name included, please either email me at

[email protected]

or post here telling me your name and age as well as your country.

Thanks

Suz
                              My name is Joseph. I am 23 years old. I reside in the good ol' USA!

Message: I, along with many others, feel that Jack is a better man for Sam than . has shown that he cannot be trusted to have Sam's best interests at heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X