This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori Paradox?

Ok - a little confused on the logic of the 3rd ep of SG-1 I saw again!

the prior in the breifing room says something on the lines of .........

.......The Ori are the only gods.......
    ...........................we do not hold the mystries of the universe like OTHER gods.........

so the Ori are not the only gods and they are not the creators and thus Origin is false!

even though the wording i've quoted is probably incorrect i'm relatively sure this contradiction was in there!

confused!
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Originally posted by jazz!
    ...........................we do not hold the mystries of the universe like OTHER gods.........

so the Ori are not the only gods and they are not the creators and thus Origin is false!
    No, there is no paradox.
    When they say OTHER they say "other" as in false, false gods, but because they are TRUE gods they do not need to hold back mystries of the universe like those who pretend to be gods.
    q.e.d.
    School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
      Maybe they were talking about the ancients
      Origin is false, we all know that the ancients are the real gods
      Spoiler:
      The ori know that origin is false, they use it as a thing to make people worship them giving them more power (well something like that)
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
        No, there is no paradox.
        When they say OTHER they say "other" as in false, false gods, but because they are TRUE gods they do not need to hold back mystries of the universe like those who pretend to be gods.
        q.e.d.
        I'd have to agree with your assessment, The Engineer.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
          No, there is no paradox.
          q.e.d.
          surely the FALSE gods know not of the "secrets of the Universe" (just some advanced science) and thus have nothing to hold back!

only those on a level equal/greater than the Ori would posess this knowledge of the universe!

It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

The Ori, inspite of not being gods, likely do know man "secret's of the universe", and they don't seem shy about showing off their power, but they'll never teach anybody anything.
            The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Working...
            X