This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

Hey, I'm new here, but I've been a stargate fan for many years...

Anyway, I've been watching and reading about the Ori for a couple of months now; and have had an interesting thought which doesn't seem to have been brought up... Ok so its a what if

The Ori have only just started converting (attacking) the Milky Way because they were unaware of it.

What if, Earth was to make the Ori aware of Wrath? I could see some funny and cool storylines coming out of that.

I don't think that would go over too well... The Wraith would try to suck the life out of the Orii and find a way to Earth and... We're all screwed.

Oh hey, 4,000 posts! Go me!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by auzdafluff
      What if, Earth was to make the Ori aware of Wrath? I could see some funny and cool storylines coming out of that.
      Cool no, interesting yes. And when I say interesting I mean only for 3-4 episodes... and then what??? would be something boring. What next? the producers will be forced to introduce new villains both in SG-1 and SGA.
      The producers created the Wraith threat specially for SGA, to be something different for SG-1, the same (almost the same) happend with the Ori threat, but to keep the american audience still interested of SG-1.
      And to mix now two different things would be bad for both of the shows, although SG-1 and Atlantis are family.
      Everyone has to go its separate way.
      Didn't you notice that any show is characterized by time linearity with no intersections in the middle.
      School is overrated.

Comment

The Wraith absorb life energy, what if they were able to use one of the Prior staffs, that would far too much trouble for the Atlantis team, they'd probably be able to incapacitate entire worlds with it, no the Priors are better kept away from the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
          The Wraith absorb life energy, what if they were able to use one of the Prior staffs, that would far too much trouble for the Atlantis team, they'd probably be able to incapacitate entire worlds with it, no the Priors are better kept away from the Wraith.
          The Ori are more powerful, and they will win any fight, they have no rival (yet).

The Ori Priors do not need to touch you to kill you, the Wraith do.
          School is overrated.

Comment

The Tauri don't need to touch you to kill you either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
              The Ori are more powerful, and they will win any fight, they have no rival (yet).
              The ori have a rival, us.
              They might seem all powerful am but it was the same with the goa'uld and we kicked there ass big time even though they were allot more advanced than us...The ori might seem invincible atm but as the show progress's with the ori story, we'll find there weakness
              And on top of that we always win
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                The ori have a rival, us.
                They might seem all powerful am but it was the same with the goa'uld and we kicked there ass big time even though they were allot more advanced than us...The ori might seem invincible atm but as the show progress's with the ori story, we'll find there weakness
                And on top of that we always win
                Of course we'll find a weakness of the Ori. If we didn't, there would be no need for a Season 10. We would all be dead. And I don't think such a prospect would sit too well with our beloved SG-1 team.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If the Ori went into the Pegasus Galaxy, they'd probably destroy the Wraith in order to get the humans to worship them. The Wraith are feared by all the human civilizations in Pegasus, and in their eyes, ending the Wraith threat would probably be nothing short of an act of God... That, and I don't see any Wraith ever converting to Origin.

But would they bother? The Wraith's feeding grounds are scarcely populated, it seems, especially now that the Wraith have awakened and they're getting desperate. As for the Ori, in “The Fourth Horseman,”
                  Spoiler:
                  Orlin said that the Ori take power from those who worship them. Are there really enough people in Pegasus for it to be worth it in the eyes of the Ori right now?
                  Maybe after they've conquered the Milky Way (in President Hayes' words, “Never going to happen”), the Ori would divert their attention from it to Pegasus since it is the duty of all who follow the path of Origin to spread the word to all non-believers.
                  And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                    The Tauri don't need to touch you to kill you either.
                    But they don't kill you with their thoughts either. The Ori Priors think and you are dead.
                    The Tauri have to move something or to trigger something to kill someone, the Ori Priors do not:
                    Spoiler:
                    Remember 9x03 Origin were an Ori Prior could choke you to death without laying a finger on your body.

Giving orders to someone to kill somebody else does not count.
                    School is overrated.

Comment

Need I remind everyone that the ancients go their clocks cleaned by the Wraith lol...The Priors would have just as much trouble as the Ancients. And for the people say the Tauri could be the Priors and the Wraith can't. Where are you getting this from? Keep in mind, if the Wraith have a reason to develop new technology, they will. They don't need to with the low tech humans in the Pegasus galaxy. If they see more ancient type of humans, then they will start developing again.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                        if the Wraith have a reason to develop new technology, they will.
                        I really don't think that they are that smart. I think what they have as technology when they became Wraiths remained unchanged for millenia. Maybe their quest for food cloudes their thinking in matter of technical progress. They are only capable of industrial espionage.
                        After all
                        Spoiler:
                        in SGA 2x09 Aurora they had to infiltrate to solve their hyperdrive engine problem

They may have now a reason but not the brains for it.
                        So the Ori would wipe the Wraith out.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

Then you are saying the Ori are WAAAY more advanced than the ancients in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                            Then you are saying the Ori are WAAAY more advanced than the ancients in the Pegasus galaxy.
                            Indeed.
                            Because they learned more after they ascended. They learned everything about technology, about laws of phisics that still eludes us and the wraiths.
                            School is overrated.

Comment

I'm not sure that just because you ascend you learn everything. According to the ancients there are several levels of ascension and apparently ascension is just the beginning of the journey. If you learned everything as soon as you ascend then it doesn't really seem like there would really be anywhere else to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X