No announcement yet.

Fail Safe (517)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my question is: was the fail-safe same coloured wires oopsie a real mistake, or was there some conspiracy things happening there? Wouldn't be the first time Jack has been left with a nuke he suddenly can't turn off...
    ~~~~~ Meant to Be ~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by BeccaBeez View Post
      So my question is: was the fail-safe same coloured wires oopsie a real mistake, or was there some conspiracy things happening there? Wouldn't be the first time Jack has been left with a nuke he suddenly can't turn off...
      probably that was the fail safe so that even if someone wanted to deactivate it then they would have to guess which wires to cut.

Comment

I like this episode but....

Doesn't it seem a bit ludicris that the hyperspace generator for a 20 meter long ship (and I'm being generous on the size here) would be able to generate a field 135 KM long? Even for a second or so it seems unlikely to me you could get that huge of an increase.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco View Post
          Okay, the episode was so-so IMO, but I loved the twist they put into the bomb...

When they said they were taking a bomb I knew they were going to have to cut wires, because isn't that what you do with a bomb?

But I really liked the fact that they made them all yellow... It was original (from the shows I've seen) and I found it amusing, since we knew they were going to make it out anyway.
          I agree with the yellow wires. It seperated this episode from all the other bomb episodes that have been made.
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

A pretty good episode - obviously 'inspired' by the likes of 'Armageddon' "I've seen this movie, it hits Paris" but it works quite well.

Comment

i liked this episode but one i must see again

8/10
              sigpic

Comment

hmmm, sooo, an Asteroid is what, minutes away from hitting earth, wiping out all life, and no-one knows it's there? or the ppl see it, but doesn't really care? Since didn't Hammond tell the president that telling the ppl would only cause panic...

surely there would kinda be widespread panic already if an Asteroid that size (135km wide or what it was), was only 30mins away from hitting earth.

Also, the wires, I didn't really catch that part, did Carter say cut the red one, or cut the red ones? I heard it was Red One, and started wondering why he cut so many wires, when there was only 1 "right" one...
                --Signature is Currently Undergoing Invisibility Maintenance, Please Check Back Later or Leave a Message after The Beep--

*Beep*

Comment

"Carter, I can see my house!"
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm confident.
                    Me too.
                    As am I.

This is my favorite episode of S5. It's just a fun, slightly tongue-in-cheek, SG1 adventure. The team is together doing their thing. Nothing goes right, but they save the world all by their little ol' selves, without advanced allies or miracle alien tech, or a fleet of Asgard enhanced intergalatic ships--just determination, ingenuity, and a whole lot of luck.

And Don S. Davis deserves kudos for a really stand out performance as the general going down with the ship--err?!--planet.

Comment

It was fun in places, but the weird thing with the wires was unnecessary and stupid. I did like the solution, though, even if it stretched credibility somewhat.
                      sigpic

Comment

Loved the ep, particularly the part where the general hangs up the phone and looks like he has tears his eyes. Made me choke up for a moment.

Here's a shippy question and slightly off topic. What if SG-1 had not been able to repair the ship and had to go to the alpha site. Would Jack and Sam have been able to be together? Considering that they would have to spread the human race again.

And on topic again: why did they suddenly stop when they were approaching the asteroid? How did they not crash? Was that explained, because I missed it if it was.

Comment

I really like this episode, in spite of whatever flaws it might have.

I do keep wondering, though, what became of the asteroid after the Tok'ra rescued SG1. Did it just continue on its way off into the universe with it's naquadah core? Waiting to crash into something else and explode with enough force to incinerate a planet? Did anybody do anything to mine the naquadah in its core in order to use it for something else?

Just think of all the naquadah reactors earth could have made with that stuff, or whatever other kind of power sources they could have used it in.

Inquiring minds would like to know.
                          Last edited by hedwig; 19 May 2011, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Nice episode although I couldn't follow the technotalk about the asteroid etc.
                            Samantha goes to such extents to figure out technical issues thanks to the writers, and yet most viewers like me probably don't know what she's talking about. But it's as good as a visual or special effect anyway.

Comment

Its easy enough to understand. Anubis brought the asteroid and our bomb didn't work because it was made of naqudah which is more heavy the real world structure of asteroids.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, that much I could figure out. But her slide and computers presentations and explanations are usually impossible for me to understand clearly. I admire whatever scientist worked as a consultant to SGI and Amanda Tapping to prep her in this field.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Its easy enough to understand. Anubis brought the asteroid and our bomb didn't work because it was made of naqudah which is more heavy the real world structure of asteroids.

Comment

Working...
                                X