Fail Safe (517)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    I've always wondered.. After we took out Sokar, why no gou'ald thought to do the SAME tactic to take OUR sun out??
    Stargate would have ended rapidly!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

It would have made for a good ep though, us having to find out that our own tactic is being used against us and having to stop it...

Comment

Go'auld always seem to have issues thinking like that. I think its part and parcel of the Sarcophagus healing them, twisting and turning their mind. Whilst they can be devious, they cant seem to hold cover for long.

Comment

I love this episode, among those I rewatch most and probably in my top ten. Extremely cliche but I love the team chemistry and trying to solve a non-battle problem to save the world yet again. Feels just like a sci-fi disaster movie

Maybe Daniel didn't have a big role but he still added to the team atmosphere and gave Carter the initial hyperspace idea. Very cool solution, possible or not.

"Let's just say Jack made a reference to Freyr's mother."

"Carter, I can see my house!"

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, so I rate it an excellent!

I loved all the moments between the team, Jack's fantastic lines, the bomb having all yellow wires, and Hammond not abandoning his post. It was totally a sci fi cliche, and it was perfect! I also love that they actually went through the earth.

Comment

I am confident that this episode isn't a bad one. In fact, I'm sure everyone was confident a whole lot throughout the episode.
              Plenty of Me too's and As am I's going around.

Not much to say about it really.
              We have imminent danger coming to Earth in the shape of an asteroid. Yeah, we've all seen the films, Jack.
              And none of our allies immediately at the ready to come to our aid so we have to fix it ourselves, until we realize that it was a ploy by the Goa'uld after all but by then it's too late to alert the Asgard.

New plan -- instead of blowing it up and causing half the galaxy to go down with us, we fly it through Earth by ways of hyperspace. Good plan! It was a little touch-and-go there but SG-1 saved the day (again), and got rescued by the Tok'ra in the end.... in the nick of time... with 2h to spare.

How would you rate SG-1's "Fail Safe?"

Excellent
              Good -- it's a pretty consistent episode, with good content and interesting interaction from the team.
              Fair
              Poor
              Terrible
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Whoever built that bomb should be sent to jail.

Overall, I quite like the episode. It's Stargate's spin on Armageddon. It seems like everyone has a part to play except Daniel. I thought it was a creative way for the Goa'uld to attack even if the solution seemed far fetched. I'll give it a good
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Whoever built that bomb should be sent to jail.
                  I thought the 5 yellow wires was a good idea... the red one is the cliche.

Comment

From a TV standpoint maybe...
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

From a TV standpoint maybe...
                      An engineer with a sense of humor, perhaps... ... a dark one, a morbid one.

///

3-episode quiz: Fail Safe, The Warrior & Menace

Jigsaw puzzle: Fail Safe

Comment

His morbidity almost cost a planet
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

9:16

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

His morbidity almost cost a planet
                              Like that hasn't happened before...

Comment

THE YELLOW WIRES, makes sense, when your whole planet is on the line, and other planets exist, and your only chance is a military squad with a ship capable of traveling to other worlds, you may get worried they might leave the world high and dry and go join the nox or tolens, it would be a boon to hte team, and less risky, as well as getting rid of some of their enemies in the various leaderships of earth, a paranoid military leader might just do that...

particularly if they are in NID of that stargate show, NID do not trust nobody no how :/

Comment

Working...
                                X