No announcement yet.

Fail Safe (517)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just watched this for the first time (am watching in order from the beginning) and I have a question/observation about this episode.

It seemed odd to me that Dr Fraiser seemed more concerned about Gen. Hammond being left behind than her own daughter Cassandra. Am I correct in thinking that Cassandra had to have been left behind because she can not go through the Stargate due to the naquadah bomb in her chest?

Andy

Comment

Don't know why, but I just really love this episode - I think the team interaction just made it. Out of all the episodes in the first five seasons, this is the one I watch the most. I just love the way the team plays off each other, and the episode itself is, though not earth-shaking in depth, a whole lot of fun. This, to me, is the classic SG1 team at its best.

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

The team interaction is great, plotwise not so good (imo).
        Very funny when the ship springs a leak and Daniel gets what looks to be a huge stick of wacky backy and for a moment you think Sam and Danny are going to die very happy and with a bad case of the munchies. Or is that just me?

Comment

WHoops seem to have killed two of these threads now. Maybe I should go back to lurking.

Comment

Wow! I've never seen a bigger mass of cliches.

But, it was enjoyable nevertheless.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

all I can say is deep impact and armagedden

I dont care how cliche it is I cried during both those movies and I teared up a bit when General Hammond wouldn't leave, his voice sounded so hopeless when he told Walter to join the Alpha group. The look on his face made me so sad. I actually liked this episode cliches and all
              BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                all I can say is deep impact and armagedden

I dont care how cliche it is I cried during both those movies and I teared up a bit when General Hammond wouldn't leave, his voice sounded so hopeless when he told Walter to join the Alpha group. The look on his face made me so sad. I actually liked this episode cliches and all
                Yea... Shows how much devottion he has to the gate program that he won't leave until he knows everyone else is ok,.,

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Yea... Shows how much devottion he has to the gate program that he won't leave until he knows everyone else is ok,.,
                  Yep! And he knew that with him not going it meant one more person could go the Alpha site, one more life saved.

It was so sad how he was all alone in the Gate room, which is always busy, and all there was was silence
                  BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

The other day I was down with a fever, so I grabbed a portable DVD player, a random Stargate DVD, and plopped into my bed.
                    This episode happened to be on it.
                    I really like this one. It was an enjoying watch, and there's some great dialogue. True, it runs slow and parts, and it also takes a good deal from Armageddon (but this is humorously nodded at several times).
                    Still a good episode. Not great, but certainly not a bad one.

Comment

big naqhadah+naquadah enhanced warhead=big boom, too big.

great ep, i loved their ingeneous idea of passing right through earth.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Was it just me or one of the guys who helped to repair the cargo ship, was played by the same actor who was a prior? The one was turned into prior in 'Origin', IIRC.

Cap:
                        Spoiler:
                        The first one.

Some kind of conspiracy, perhaps?
                        sigpic

Comment

Nope. We hve seen many a time where an actor or actress has one role early on, then later has another role..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Nope. We hve seen many a time where an actor or actress has one role early on, then later has another role..
                            I know. Little joke here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Where is Thor? I am very confident that he would fly in and displace the meteor from it's bearing on Earth. His sensors would detect the Naquadah and find a way to nudge it's trajectory.
                              sigpic

Comment

I just watched this episode and I thought it wasn't very good. I thought the plot and outcome was predictable and the tension didn't come across very realistically. Oh well....
                                Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X