• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail Safe (517)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 517

Earth finds itself threatened by something even larger than the Goa'uld when the team learns that an asteroid is on a collision course with the planet.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:50 PM.

I loved this episode! Why doesn't SciFi show this one very often (if at all). It seems like they go from "Last Stand" to "Warrior" and skip over "Fail Safe."

The only part of this episode I didn't like was that a little Tel'tac could generate a hyperspace window big enough for an entire asteroid to travel through. I reconcile it in my head by choosing to believe that the Asgard helped us without telling us they helped us, kind of like they (presumably) did in "Red Sky."

Wouldn't it have been great if the asteroid was captured by Earth's gravity and put into a stable orbit? We could've had a very convenient supply of naquadah for a while.

-Matt
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I found this ep pretty weak. I've always wondered why they brought Daniel along to repair the cargo ship, or on the mission- he's not an engineer, and there was no archaeology or translation or cultural stuff to do. Never made sense to me.

Comment

I never really thought about that; good point. But I suppose you could just say that it was an SG-1 mission and Daniel is part of SG-1.

Nice avatar :-)
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

yeah.. he had to be there. He had a lot of, erm, sitting around and waiting to do.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

now now...why would they leave one of the main characters behind? besides...sg-1 was sent to go...the entire sg1...not one person...not two...the whole team. besides...that was a good ep...
            My flickr photography.

Comment

Yeah.. anyway if he doesn't go he doesn't have a chance to die.
              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Okay, the episode was so-so IMO, but I loved the twist they put into the bomb...

When they said they were taking a bomb I knew they were going to have to cut wires, because isn't that what you do with a bomb?

But I really liked the fact that they made them all yellow... It was original (from the shows I've seen) and I found it amusing, since we knew they were going to make it out anyway.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Not my favorite, but there are enough fun lines to make me watch it again every now and then...

You know, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that this is a very poorly designed bomb and I think we should say something to somebody when we get back.

Carter, I can see my house!
                  Fitness Buddies

Comment

I see that no one has posted anything here for a month, but I found this episode delightful . "Now see, this wasn't in the movie" . And the engineer who didn't want to go because he knew it was not a good idea,you have to love a guy who has his priorities in order.I never get tired of watching this episode, of course I never get tired of watching any of them so you can't go by me.

Comment

Anubis and his asteroid, that coward

Comment

mini-super nova... seems like an oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
                          Not my favorite, but there are enough fun lines to make me watch it again every now and then...

You know, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that this is a very poorly designed bomb and I think we should say something to somebody when we get back.

Carter, I can see my house!
                          Oh yes, Jack at his most sarcastic best. Worth watching for that alone.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roatbaum
                            And the engineer who didn't want to go because he knew it was not a good idea,you have to love a guy who has his priorities in order.
                            And he did ask for a restroom for his first priority after they reached the ship on Revanna.

Comment

I think my favorite part of the engineer was him saying that it was against the laws of physics, and than him turning to Carter and going, "And you know it!"

And she doesnt' deny it! Just shoves him through.

Comment

Working...
                              X