• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sin City TV Show Develops

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32974

Sin City TV Show Develops

Harvey and Bob Weinstein's new multimedia entity the Weinstein Co. is in final talks with Barbara Schneeweiss to develop a TV slate that includes a show based on Robert Rodriguez's Sin City movie, Variety reported. Schneeweiss worked with the Weinsteins for years while serving as a television executive at Miramax.

The Sin City TV series would follow 2006's sequel to Rodriguez's 2005 movie, based on Frank Miller's graphic novel series. Miller co-directed the movie with Rodriguez.
    sigpic

A tv show? that is just a bad bad idea. I loved the movie and look forward to the sequel but i dont think they can get away with enough on tv to do it justice.

Comment

It would have to be on HBO, can´t see this working on a network channel or basic cable.

If they do this right then I´ll watch it, would be great to get a violent and over the top tv show.

Comment

I just don't see this working on TV. And you'd have to use new characters. And would they do all stylized and in black and white?
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

If it was on HBO and it was animated, looking exactly like Frank Miller's drawings, then it can be done. It can't be done live action. It makes me think of the Spawn animated series on HBO, it's possible that this could work.

Comment

no...this could not work...

not on hbo, not animated....not even if frank miller did all the work.

should really stick to the big screen and do 1 good story every couple years than go to tv and have to put out 10 - 20 eps...even if they did it like 24 and have 1 season be a story...

bad idea.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
            X