This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9th Doctor

How many of you wish that Christopher Eccelstone hadnt quit Doctor Who?
    He was in Homebase on saturday by the way. I know because I work there. I didnt get to meet him personally though. I do have a picture on my camera phone. When I figure out how to upload the picture to this site I will show you.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Me. The idea of such a grade A performance only lasting for one season is definately sucky.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Totally sad that he wont be in it again, the chemistry he had with the companions was perfect and I think David T has a lot of work to do in order to fill his shoes. I think the scenes with the Daleks were perfect, he couldnt have done them better, he showed anger and scare tactics, without loosing the fear that was behind it. I would definately like a "five doctors" style episode in a couple of years, with him David Tennant, and Tennants eventual replacement.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

He did a fabulous job and I loved him. But frankly speaking, I must admit to being quite annoyed with him for calling it a day so soon and from talking to different people I know, I know I'm not alone. How can anyone play Dr Who and turn around and say they don't want to be "typecast"?
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Apparently that isn't entirely true.

Supposedly he had a contract with the BBC that stipulated that neither could discuss whether he would return. The BBC broke the contract and announced that he wasn't returning when it hadn't even really been discussed. Thus, he didn't sign on for another series.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wish he hadn't, he left too early. He should have stayed a few more years at least.
            sigpic

Comment

Eccelstone din't choose to quite, the regenaration was serpose to be a serprise, but and Idiot at BBC made an annocment that Eccelstone had choose to leave after the "first" season.

It was later annocmed that it was serpose to be a serprise, but regardless, I think he is the best Doctor so far, how ever I have only seen a few 4th doctor eps, and most of the 5th Docs eps, and about half of the 5 Doctors thing.
              The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
              Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
                How many of you wish that Christopher Eccelstone hadnt quit Doctor Who?
                On the one hand, I wouldn't want him to stay if he didn't want to, but I am disappointed.

We had Colin Baker for 18 30-minute episodes and 13 45-minutes.

We had Sylvester McCoy for 42 30-minute episodes.

We had Paul McGann for a single movie.

Now Chris Eccelston is gone after 13 45-minute episodes.

None of them lasted very long in terms of screen time.

We're only on the second season of the new series and we're up to number 10. The Doctor can only regenerate 3 more times.

If they wanted a single-season Doctor, maybe they should have brought Paul McGann back. I don't know. I enjoyed the first season. I just wanted more time with that character.

Actually, I wanted more time with each of them. It's just their brevity on screen is so irksome.

Comment

They will find away to give him more regeneration.
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                    They will find away to give him more regeneration.
                    Sure, but won't that feel like a cheap way out.

Comment

Eccelstone was great, wished he had stayed for some more years.
                      But we well see how the new one does.

Comment

If anyone in the UK is interested the giveaway DVD in tomorrows Guardian is "Let Him Have It", Christopher Ecclestone's first movie outing in which he plays Derek Bentley, a 'Simple' lad hanged for a murder he didn't commit, I remember him getting rave reveiws when it was first released

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                          Sure, but won't that feel like a cheap way out.
                          Nope not if done right
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                            If anyone in the UK is interested the giveaway DVD in tomorrows Guardian is "Let Him Have It", Christopher Ecclestone's first movie outing in which he plays Derek Bentley, a 'Simple' lad hanged for a murder he didn't commit, I remember him getting rave reveiws when it was first released
                            That's right he was in that, I only saw it because it had that actor from Press Gang in it.

Well I have to say although I seriously wanted to slap the guy (thank goodness for Jackie), Chris made a great 9th Doctor, I can't wait for Tennant to take over proper but I also can't wait to re-watch the last series on DVD because Chris was so brilliant.

As for regenerations, I am not that fussed about the 'canon' number and to be honest if Tennant stays for 3 years (I think he will stay longer if excepted by the fans) then the next actor stays for 2 or 3 years and so on, it will still be more than 10 years of Dr Who (new) and given I thought the show was really dead, 10 more years is nothing to complain about.

Then they could even make some movies, maybe without the 'canon' interfering too much, like they did in the 60s.

Comment

IN my opinion Ecclestone was a fantastic Doctor he had all the chemistry needed with comapanions and the Daleks etc. and he gave the doctor a more shady brooding character helping those in need but as a survivor of
                              Spoiler:
                              The Time War
                              which gave him a unique edge. ITs a real shame that Chris had to leave so early into the new series and Im with everyone saying I hope they do another 5 doctors style ep starring him in it.
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                              X