Last Stand (516)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
    No because the gao'uld symbiote releases poison killing the host at the moment of death. As stated in "Summit"
    Jinx!
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
      It was explained that a dying Goa'uld releases a toxin which kills the host; a sort of final spite-shot.
      I've just realized something.. I recall this being said, but if its true how is Cater still alive? And what about Kendra in Thor's Hammer?
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
        I've just realized something.. I recall this being said, but if its true how is Cater still alive? And what about Kendra in Thor's Hammer?
        I've always assumed that the toxin could be controled by the symbiot as to if it got released into the human's system. Thus Carter is still alive because Jolinar was a Tok'ra and didn't release the toxin.

As for Kendra, I would assume that the Asgard knew about the toxin and part of what the Hammer does is clean out the toxin.

Of course that's just my guess.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Yeah.. I guess that does pretty much explain all that stuff.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
            It a volurtarily act my the symboite to release the posion, thus a tok'ra wouldn't release the poison. And as stated befoire Kendra was freed by the hammer which presumeble some how inhibits the gao'ulds abillity to release the toxin.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

It wouldn't make much sense for the Asgard to go through that whole thing if they didn't have a way to keep theGoa'uld from killing the host.

The Tok'ra also have a way of safely removing a symbiote, but apparently no ability to consider that it might try and suicide (Exodus). There again, the Tok'ra are a bunch of muppets.

Comment

I got the impression that they *had* thought through the issue of the host dying, but had concluded that it was unimportant, or else they hadn't been able to refine the drug enough to avoid it. The Tokra tend to value expediency, and here that means "Sorry, host, but your life is pretty grim at the mo and not worth much to us anyway, so hope you don't mind if we kill the thing that's enslaving you, and you with it. Cheers."

Madeleine

Comment

I meant Tanith. They were all 'lock him up until we can get the symbiote out of our brave volunteer'. Then Tanith tries to hara-kiri and they're all 'we didn't see that coming; now please take out three guards with ease, Mr Goa'uld'.

Muppets.

Comment

You seem so straight with that! lol But very true
                    __

__

Comment

I like how Yu introduces the system lords to daniel

Comment

I have a problem with the description of this episode... the term Tok'ra Homeworld... I don't think that's possible.

Comment

The Tok'ra homeworld be the same as the Goa'uld homeworld since they are the same spices and evolved on the same planet.

Comment

Elliot didn't deserve to die on his first mission.

THAT PISSED ME OFF.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                              I've always assumed that the toxin could be controled by the symbiot as to if it got released into the human's system. Thus Carter is still alive because Jolinar was a Tok'ra and didn't release the toxin.
                              SPOILERS for Season 8

And yet the Tok'ra in Endgame took her host with her; go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
                                Elliot didn't deserve to die on his first mission.

THAT PISSED ME OFF.
                                yes I agree but they couldn't get JR Bourne back He was busy at the moment and they tried to get him but the solution was Elliot.Unfortunatly they changed the script.I liked Elliot.Why don't they use the poison anymore?Why don't they make that anymore
                                Lord Zedd

Comment

Working...
                                X