Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create a Creative Stargate Episode Title!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a Creative Stargate Episode Title!!

I think that the title can really add to the enjoyment of an episode if it has a cool title, something that sticks in your mind because it is Funny/Ironic/Clever...e.g. Full Circle or Forever in a Day.
    So, what I want to know is, what are your favourite episode titles and why?

And... Do you have a title of your own that you would use if you were writing an episode of SG-1 or Atlantis?

I would love to write a Season 9 episode dealing with the Ori history and call it "Point of Origin", for instance.
    Nobody ever expects the Spanish Inquisition

Within the serpent's grasp was pretty cool.

They should've named the "serpent's venom" the "Serpent Strikes".
    Last edited by Kelt'ar; 21 October 2005, 09:27 AM.
    1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

How about an episode called 'Future Gate' where they explore where the Tauri/Earth and the SG program have progressed to let's say 300 hundred years in the future.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I think that the 'Zero Hour', where O'Neill is settling into life as a general should have been called
        'Papa's Got A Brand New Badge', as its a much cooler title.

I quite like episode titles like 'The Serpent's Venom' and 'The Devil You Know' where they use a well-known phrase to describe the episode and the Goa'uld.
        * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

"Torment of Tantalus" was pretty good.

I'd like to write an episode about a group of Ancients that were kicked out of the Milky Way and Pegasus for un-ethical genetic experimentation. The ep. would be called "The Banished" or "The Banished Ones"

Comment

i wanna see a Atlantis Episode called

"Migets with Bananas" - episode would include "the team of Atlantis comes to a world where the wraith have tryed to kill off all its people because they found a means of stoping the wraith from feeding on them. Bananas thats right if they injest a banana before the wraith Feed on you will stop them from being able to feed on you! however there is a side affect.. it turns you into a Miget! shepard with this information was able to stop a wraith from feeding on him however he is now a Mini Me SHepard! the team must find a way to turn him back into his normal size before its too late!

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Yay! Another list! I love 'em so much!

Episode titles that I like w/ reasons:
              “The First Commandment” — Ah, the “no other gods before me” law... I have an affinity for Biblical titles...
              “The Fifth Race” — I also kinda like episodes where the meaning of the title isn't apparent until it appears in the episode itself (“You have already taken the first steps towards becoming the fifth race,” is such a meaningful line for me).
              “Holiday” — Same as “The Fifth Race” (“Thank you for my... holiday...”)
              “Shades of Grey” — I'm an in-between kind of guy. Grey is my thing; even actions that seem evil or immoral can be justified (“I'd rather be a thief and alive than honest and dead.”)
              “Nemesis,” “Enemies,” and “Menace” — These three episode titles, all different words to mean something that opposes us in one form or another, have something in common: Replicators. Episode titles that have some kind of common theme — in this case, words that mean an opponent — are a plus in my book.
              “The Other Side” — SG-1 prepares to assist a people at war, but they're only getting one side of the story (even then, not the whole side of the story). Not knowing the other side of things can be a dangerous mistake. In other words, titles with morals are nice.
              “Absolute Power” — Again, a moral: “Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.”
              “Between Two Fires” — A fancier way of saying, “Between A Rock And A Hard Place” — when you're at the brink of destruction, would you stick to your morals and standards or throw them away for survival's sake?
              “Smoke and Mirrors” — Moral: not everything is as it appears.
              “Gemini” — “And something about twins?”
              “Threads” — It's a story that deals with multiple plot threads... What better title is there?
              “Moebius” — Episodes with somewhat obscure titles that not everyone would know the meaning to — this is one of my favorites in that regard. a moebius strip is an image of a three-dimensional loop that appears to have only one side; it's an optical paradox. Not many folks know that... I don't even remember how I know that...
              “The Fourth Horseman” — Another Biblical reference from the book of Revelations (a good read), the figure of the fourth horseman represents death... Good parallel.

As far as any ideas for episode titles... Hmmmm... I like Atlantis Connection's and theStormWeaver's ideas for “Point of Origin” and “The Banished/The Banished Ones,” respectively.

As far as I go, an episode that deals with some of the prisoners that escaped from the island prison in Atlantis' “Condemned” would be interesting... I'd call it “Repentence” or something like that... or “Unchained,” since some of those folks were actually criminals.

On theStormWeaver's idea, I might add “Arcanum” or some variant thereof to the list. Arcanus, -a, -um is the Latin word meaning secret, mysterious, or (in this instance) forbidden. Since they were doing something forbidden by the other Ancients and the Ancient language eventually evolved into Latin, maybe they called themselves the Arcanum or something close to it.

A story dealing more strongly with rebel Ori worshippers like Harrid and Fanis who take measures to help us fight the Ori — “Sedition.”

Lastly (since I'm just a creative wellspring...), an episode where we finally take the fight to the Ori or find some kind of weakness to exploit — “Stratagem” (the only drawback I have with that title is that it's been used on Star Trek: Enterprise... but then again, there are a few Stargate titles that have previously been used by Star Trek... It happens...)

Yeah, I have a thing for one-word titles... Short, simple, easy to remember...

Man, I'm a blabbermouth...
              And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

An episode called 'Fact of the Matter/Reason' would be intresting if the episode was all about some new research. Ie. In Alantis they make an amazing discovery from the ancient database then apply it to the wraith war.
                I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

Discovery, where there Stargate is finally unveiled. Furlings, this would be the ultimate episode, at last coming a Furling society, somewhere on a distant planet.

Comment

This is a cool thread.

How about, "Suffer the Children" where the Ancients struggle with their decision not to interfere in "secular" matters, esp. as the Ori begin their scurge. Can they really stand by and watch their destruction? Hope not!

Follow that with "Father Figure" where the Ancients have to train the Tau'ri, Tok'Ra and Jaffa how to defeat the Ori. But the earth component is hampered by the international Stargate committee who quibble about whether the Ancients should be considered gods, and if so, which god(s)?

"Paternal Instinct" - 2 visitors to earth from the lands of 100 Days and Brief Candle. Yep: Jack's past amors come home to roost: he's a daddy 2 times! And the moms want the kids to meet him. An alternate title: Father's Day. Uh-huh: who's your daddy! (I loved that line ).

"Twice Burnt" would be Sara aka Osiris' return and Daniel's feeling of obligations to her. But she's still somewhat "off" from the experience. Some kind of betrayal involving her and Daniel.

Just playin', just sayin'.
                    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                    sigpic
                    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I've always liked the title of "Window of Opportunity".

As for my own, "Marked for Death". Sg-1 gates to a world of hunters (almost Predator-like creatures). These creatures go through the gate on hunting trips, and kill anything that comes through their gate. Cut off from the gate and on the run, how will Sg-1 survive?
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

"The Torment of Tantalus" is an awesome title, but I would have put it on "Thor's Hammer" instead. Think of the story of Tantalus as it applies to Daniel in that ep... that would have been really, really cool.

Here's an idea: A rogue Goa'uld is captured by SG-1 and taken back to Earth, where he is to be tried for war crimes or something – the point is, he is being judged in some way. The episode would be titled "The Heart and the Feather", in reference to the ancient Egyptian belief in the Weighing of the Heart ceremony after death.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

I'm quite fond of the one word titles too!

How about:

"Diaspora", where we find out about the Alterrans leaving for the Milky Way and leaving the Ori behind.

"Ennead", where we discover a new threat from a coalition of 9 Goa'uld. The word ennead means a group of nine and was used to refer to the 9 chief Egyptian deities.

"Imago", an episode about someone ascending. The word refers to a mature insect after metamorphosis and the idealized image of a person. Both fitting analogies to ascension.

And finally........

"Telos" as the title for the very last episode of SG1. It means end, purpose or goal.......a great title if all three have been achieved.

Comment

'The Monkey's itchy back' Dont ask about my idea for the episode lol

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalAscended
                              I'm quite fond of the one word titles too!
                              How about:
                              "Diaspora", where we find out about the Alterrans leaving for the Milky Way and leaving the Ori behind.
                              "Ennead", where we discover a new threat from a coalition of 9 Goa'uld. The word ennead means a group of nine and was used to refer to the 9 chief Egyptian deities.
                              "Imago", an episode about someone ascending. The word refers to a mature insect after metamorphosis and the idealized image of a person. Both fitting analogies to ascension.
                              And finally........
                              "Telos" as the title for the very last episode of SG1. It means end, purpose or goal.......a great title if all three have been achieved.
                              <<condensing for space!>>

Nice! One word titles give a lot to think about, too.
                              "Imago" and "Diaspora" really stand out to me; I like "Telos" but not what it portends!

I'd try a one, but I got nuthin' yet. Ok, maybe: "Renascence" involving a previously unknown system lord reviving fallen empires with new found technology, while on earth factions question using any technology from offworld. Renascence means rebirth or renewal.

"Mirage" afflicts members of the Prometheus crew, who think they're rescuing Atlantis crew but are caught in a Wraith trap, that unfortunately has trapped its creators, too.

Just sayin'.
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                              X