Page 187 of 189 FirstFirst ... 87137177184185186187 188189 LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 3768

Thread: NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Default Re: NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Why? Don't you like Tony?
    I don't like how he bullied McGee and stuck his nose into everybody's business and made fun of them. I've experienced similar stuff and every time I see anything like that it feels like an alarm goes off in my mind, reminding me of crap like that. Lots of folks just thought it was funny and liked seeing him behave that way, but I didn't.

Yeah same. He to me felt like the glue that held them together. On the other hand I know people that hated Sarah Sidel.
    First 4 or so seasons i liked her, then after her romance with Grissom, she seemed to go 'flat'.. AND got even worse after he left. From my POV..

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    First 4 or so seasons i liked her, then after her romance with Grissom, she seemed to go 'flat'.. AND got even worse after he left. From my POV..
    I kind of agree......

And what about Marg Helgenberger. She got more beautiful the older she got. I had a crush on Catherine since episode 1. I actually always wanted her and Grissom to get together. I think though when you put a romance in a show with two leads it kills the dynamic of that show to a degree.

I would have loved it if Marg and Griss got together.. BUT alas that was not to be.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    I don't like how he bullied McGee and stuck his nose into everybody's business and made fun of them.
    That's exactly what I mean when I say I hated some of the things the writers did with him.

What I want now is for them to give McGee some background stories like they gave Tony. And for them to make Abby back into an adult, but I'm pretty sure that ain't happening.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    That's exactly what I mean when I say I hated some of the things the writers did with him.

What I want now is for them to give McGee some background stories like they gave Tony. And for them to make Abby back into an adult, but I'm pretty sure that ain't happening.

Seaboe
    I agree about making Abby an adult again. I don't remember when she stopped being an adult. There was one show on one of the NCIS marathons recently where she interrupted Gibbs when he was in some really serious meeting of some kind, and right at the most serious part, she rushes in with her "Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs ..." and didn't want to be shut up, even though he shut her off and booted her out of the room.

Colonel

Was Abby ever played as an adult? I like the character a lot but I never saw her ever as playing anything but comic relief

One gripe I have had with Abby.. Is how skittish she seems to have been wrote. BUT both times she got captured, they broke to the others, and all of a sudden she is no longer captured, the baddie is out cold and on the floor and tied up.. SO is she some super duper ninja that no one knows??

Colonel

One gripe I have had with Abby.. Is how skittish she seems to have been wrote. BUT both times she got captured, they broke to the others, and all of a sudden she is no longer captured, the baddie is out cold and on the floor and tied up.. SO is she some super duper ninja that no one knows??

She did all that off screen........ It's a secret

Captain

Yes, in the first two seasons she was quite adult. Snarky and competent without any of the irritating self-righteous, overly sentimental characterizations. The Abby of the first season would've gone bowling with nuns, but it would've been ironic, not sweet.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Yes, in the first two seasons she was quite adult. Snarky and competent without any of the irritating self-righteous, overly sentimental characterizations. The Abby of the first season would've gone bowling with nuns, but it would've been ironic, not sweet.

Seaboe

They seem to have over time made her character too sweet and cute. It's annoying me now and I really happen to like the character and the actress.

BTW this mole story line on NCIS LA is driving me nuts so I jumped ahead and know know how it all plays out. I feel really underwhelmed with it. I mean was that it a
    Spoiler:
    jilted guy who fancied Kensi
    It just seems so lame to know that's all this was..

She did all that off screen........ It's a secret
    But that's the thing. HOW??

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

My interpretation of Abby. Yes, in the earlier seasons she was pretty dark and gothy. like slept in a coffin, etc.
    I do recall that she would never go into the autopsy room then overcame that
    and yeah, she did change and get more girly.
    Some of that may be Gibbs' fondness for one of the last original members. SHe and Ducky are the last if I recall....I don't THINK tim was in the first episodes, rather came in a few eps in.
    another contributing factor could be Pauly's real life. Iknow she's had a long standing issue with a stalker, and changing her character may be related to that, or may just be a coincidence.
    It's also possible, as they brought forth more and more of Gibbs past and the loss of Kelly that Abby is a fill in for his lost daughter, and someone Gibbs has a good amount of fondness for, which allows her to be Peter Pan....but she can most definitely step up when she wants or needs to.
    Last edited by Skydiver; March 22nd, 2017 at 07:54 AM.

When I first started watching (in reruns) years ago I didn't like Tony. But he grew on me.
    I didn't like Bishop at first, but now she's ok.

For me, bishop seems STILL to be a loose cannon. That whole angle where she ignored multiple orders to go after that "boss" guy, and STILL she never got even a verbal repremand, let alone anything else?? IMO i call BS on that.

For me, bishop seems STILL to be a loose cannon. That whole angle where she ignored multiple orders to go after that "boss" guy, and STILL she never got even a verbal repremand, let alone anything else?? IMO i call BS on that.
    I think she didn't get a verbal reprimand because Gibbs experienced the same thing himself and cut her some slack about it. Plus, he's mellowing the last few years, which makes him more understanding. And I make just be forgetting, but I don't remember Tony ever getting a verbal reprimand for doing something against the rules. Personally, I like Bishop and feel she's come a long way from her first appearances to now. Remember how she behaved the first time she killed a person? She was in shock afterwards. That's a long way from that to what she did to that "boss guy".

And to me, that is why a lot of people are put off by these cop shows. Too many times they do bad, and don't get punished for it.. Shows a lack of professionalism, and adherance to the rules..

Colonel

I love Ellie Bishop. I think she's awesome.

The Abby schtick is kind of wearing thin a bit for me lately. Sometimes they tone it down, other times they ramp it up to a sugar overdose. I just don't know. I like Abby but sometimes it feels like a bit too much.

Chief Master Sergeant Cmdr Sean Coll's Avatar

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has seen the "flaws" in Abby's character. But 1 thing has been bugging me over the past couple of seasons since NCIS: New Orleans came into being, there has not been a true proper crossover between NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles or a mega crossover between all 3 shows. It could start in NCIS: Los Angeles go to NCIS and finish in NCIS: New Orleans.

Hell, with the fact NCIS LA has crossed twice with Hawaii 50, i would LOVE a 4 way crossing. Start on NCIS reg, shift to NO, then go to Hawaii, then finish in LA..