Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Why? Don't you like Tony?
    I don't like how he bullied McGee and stuck his nose into everybody's business and made fun of them. I've experienced similar stuff and every time I see anything like that it feels like an alarm goes off in my mind, reminding me of crap like that. Lots of folks just thought it was funny and liked seeing him behave that way, but I didn't.

Comment

Yeah same. He to me felt like the glue that held them together. On the other hand I know people that hated Sarah Sidel.
      First 4 or so seasons i liked her, then after her romance with Grissom, she seemed to go 'flat'.. AND got even worse after he left. From my POV..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        First 4 or so seasons i liked her, then after her romance with Grissom, she seemed to go 'flat'.. AND got even worse after he left. From my POV..
        I kind of agree......

And what about Marg Helgenberger. She got more beautiful the older she got. I had a crush on Catherine since episode 1. I actually always wanted her and Grissom to get together. I think though when you put a romance in a show with two leads it kills the dynamic of that show to a degree.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I would have loved it if Marg and Griss got together.. BUT alas that was not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I don't like how he bullied McGee and stuck his nose into everybody's business and made fun of them.
            That's exactly what I mean when I say I hated some of the things the writers did with him.

What I want now is for them to give McGee some background stories like they gave Tony. And for them to make Abby back into an adult, but I'm pretty sure that ain't happening.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              That's exactly what I mean when I say I hated some of the things the writers did with him.

What I want now is for them to give McGee some background stories like they gave Tony. And for them to make Abby back into an adult, but I'm pretty sure that ain't happening.

Seaboe
              I agree about making Abby an adult again. I don't remember when she stopped being an adult. There was one show on one of the NCIS marathons recently where she interrupted Gibbs when he was in some really serious meeting of some kind, and right at the most serious part, she rushes in with her "Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs ..." and didn't want to be shut up, even though he shut her off and booted her out of the room.

Comment

Was Abby ever played as an adult? I like the character a lot but I never saw her ever as playing anything but comic relief

Comment

One gripe I have had with Abby.. Is how skittish she seems to have been wrote. BUT both times she got captured, they broke to the others, and all of a sudden she is no longer captured, the baddie is out cold and on the floor and tied up.. SO is she some super duper ninja that no one knows??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    One gripe I have had with Abby.. Is how skittish she seems to have been wrote. BUT both times she got captured, they broke to the others, and all of a sudden she is no longer captured, the baddie is out cold and on the floor and tied up.. SO is she some super duper ninja that no one knows??

She did all that off screen........ It's a secret

Comment

Yes, in the first two seasons she was quite adult. Snarky and competent without any of the irritating self-righteous, overly sentimental characterizations. The Abby of the first season would've gone bowling with nuns, but it would've been ironic, not sweet.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        Yes, in the first two seasons she was quite adult. Snarky and competent without any of the irritating self-righteous, overly sentimental characterizations. The Abby of the first season would've gone bowling with nuns, but it would've been ironic, not sweet.

Seaboe

They seem to have over time made her character too sweet and cute. It's annoying me now and I really happen to like the character and the actress.

BTW this mole story line on NCIS LA is driving me nuts so I jumped ahead and know know how it all plays out. I feel really underwhelmed with it. I mean was that it a
                        Spoiler:
                        jilted guy who fancied Kensi
                        It just seems so lame to know that's all this was..

Comment

She did all that off screen........ It's a secret
                          But that's the thing. HOW??

Comment

My interpretation of Abby. Yes, in the earlier seasons she was pretty dark and gothy. like slept in a coffin, etc.
                            I do recall that she would never go into the autopsy room then overcame that
                            and yeah, she did change and get more girly.
                            Some of that may be Gibbs' fondness for one of the last original members. SHe and Ducky are the last if I recall....I don't THINK tim was in the first episodes, rather came in a few eps in.
                            another contributing factor could be Pauly's real life. Iknow she's had a long standing issue with a stalker, and changing her character may be related to that, or may just be a coincidence.
                            It's also possible, as they brought forth more and more of Gibbs past and the loss of Kelly that Abby is a fill in for his lost daughter, and someone Gibbs has a good amount of fondness for, which allows her to be Peter Pan....but she can most definitely step up when she wants or needs to.
                            Last edited by Skydiver; 22 March 2017, 07:54 AM.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

When I first started watching (in reruns) years ago I didn't like Tony. But he grew on me.
                              I didn't like Bishop at first, but now she's ok.

Comment

For me, bishop seems STILL to be a loose cannon. That whole angle where she ignored multiple orders to go after that "boss" guy, and STILL she never got even a verbal repremand, let alone anything else?? IMO i call BS on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X