Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caught only a few of season one when it first aired here, enough to really like all the characters and still not have any knowledge of what was planned for the series ongoing or have any spoilers waved under my nose as normally happens ( I really hate finding any spoilers no matter how trivial much more fun watching and having no clues) So when Kate died I was really shocked (rare for an old cynic like me) and this series keeps getting better IMO. Ziva is a good replacement for Kate glad they went for some one different it would have been a mistake to get someone to be just like her character as many other series have found to their cost.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
      I love this show because of the cast as a whole...well except for the Director... I have a real hard time with Lauren Holly in this role... BUT I can overlook it most of the time

I am a shipper at heart ... so if I didn't ship SOMEONES people would feel for a pulse and touch my forehead... annoying stuff that... so I do ship Tony and Zeeevah...You have to say it like Tony ...ZEEvah.....
      Ditto to all of that (I'm also an Abby/McGee shipper too )

Comment

ncis is one of my 'can't miss' shows.

it has just the right mix of humor and fun and seriousness and drama...with the occasional ewwe

i love the abby/gibbs interaction, and tony/ziva took a little getting used to, but really all the relationships are good.
        (jenny does get on my nerves though)

i too don't 'ship' anyone. i've been burned by bellisario and ship too many times to ever invest, but overall the show is a good one and a fun way to spend an hour
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ok I promised I would come back and talk about this show.

I will try to put S 3 & 4 stuff under spoilers so the folks who mentioned they are just getting into the show won't be completely spoiled. but if I mess up you have my apologies now I have our spoiler policy in bedded and it only applies to the airing season...but I will try to work around my own pig headedness

first and foremost I really like how this cast plays the *ensemble* even though Ducky and Palmer are recurring I never get a sense that they were *missing* from teh action of the episodes they weren't on. The same can be said for many characters that have come back for just a handful of episodes. the writing has been exceptional in giving me a feeling of just seamless re-entry and the cast is just flawless in their reactions to the returning character. The FBI director, The Jessica Steen FBI Agent character to name a couple.

So that has been one of the shining elements of this show for me.

secondly, I am going to be the one detractor I think regarding Kate
          I did not like that character from the get go. However, I was as shocked as anyone when she was killed. I scrambled to get my DVD set to see why they would go in this direction and I was pleased to hear that TPTB were NOT in it for the shock value but were instead just accomodating the actress. I have gotten completely fed up with PTB who ruin a good dynamic on a show JUST to shake things up

I like that each of the characters have some very specific strengths and those are played up and played on
          I like that the characters grow and that as each episode airs we learn bits and pieces but never really have to spend the full 43-45 minutes bogged down in a *character back ground* episode for the sake of that.

I have to say NCIS is one of the few shows were I feel they made very few casting errors

every actor seems to fit into their role beautifully.
          (with the exception of the Director...for me Lauren Holly is just not a *tough chick*)

Ziva was what has made the show for me a *Can't miss* this show on Tuesdays. This actress added something to the overall dynamic that the character of Kate was lacking. A *Zing* if you will that brings all the of the characters more alive. Especially Tony

Season 3
          Spoiler:

Ziva's introduction as well as Gibbs obsession with Ari was wonderfully played by both actors and made the transistion for this new character more believable. Adding to that the fact that Ziva had to kill her her own Brother to save Gibbs gave the viewer a reason to feel for her and at the same feel a trust in the character.

As for *ship*

I ship because I like romance and the like... however I have no illusions that most PTB are inept when it comes to actually writing a dynamic couple. Too often writers end up writing their own versions of a relationship and it becomes a way for them to work out their own issues on paper, then on screen. Can we say Bor-ring. There have been very few writers that I have seen in episodic TV that can seem to separate themselves from their writing and actually write a *couple* that is exciting, complex, sexy, and yet just plain fun to watch. IMHO those are great TV show writers.

So while I love to ship I don't expect more than the UST we see most often because that *first rush of attraction* is what too many think is the best part before all the mundane of daily life sets in LOL

ok that should be enough for now

I know you are thinking..."why doesn't she go over to a NCIS board?" cause I just like GW and I have no time...so you all are stuck with me I like Sci-Fi and NCIS... sheesh
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I've just started watching S4 so I can see I misremembered something. I knew I'd seen Jimmy shagging someone, but it wasn't Abby. Kind of a relief, actually. He's an okay character, but with Abby? Meh.

Will have to read up on the behind-the-scenes disagreement. Sounds interesting. I'll also have to see if I notice any difference after Don's departure.

Comment

Season 3
              Spoiler:

Ziva's introduction as well as Gibbs obsession with Ari was wonderfully played by both actors and made the transistion for this new character more believable. Adding to that the fact that Ziva had to kill her her own Brother to save Gibbs gave the viewer a reason to feel for her and at the same feel a trust in the character.
              Oh! I guess that's what I missed by not watching the first few episodes of that season. That's kind of important

Spoiler:
              I knew she killed him, I just didn't know he was her brother.

I'll definitely have to go back and watch those. Maybe I'll just get the first couple of Season 3 off of iTunes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                I've just started watching S4 so I can see I misremembered something. I knew I'd seen Jimmy shagging someone, but it wasn't Abby. Kind of a relief, actually. He's an okay character, but with Abby? Meh.

Will have to read up on the behind-the-scenes disagreement. Sounds interesting. I'll also have to see if I notice any difference after Don's departure.
                LOL THANK GOODNESS it wasn't Abby..that would have had an ick factor

I know some folks I talk with got kind of tired of those moments but Hubs and I would find ourselves cracking up over Palmer
                Spoiler:
                and his tete -tete moments with the lawyer girl cause you KNOW Ducky was so on to him and just not saying anything but secretly doing stuff to make him squirm just that much more LOLOLOL

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                Oh! I guess that's what I missed by not watching the first few episodes of that season. That's kind of important

Spoiler:
                I knew she killed him, I just didn't know he was her brother.

I'll definitely have to go back and watch those. Maybe I'll just get the first couple of Season 3 off of iTunes.
                Yeah that ..to me... was extremely important and why Gibbs was so supportive of her once she joined the team....however...he was NOT supportive of her little
                Spoiler:
                meetings with the Director
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Y'know, the Harmon vs. Bellisario thing is kinda interesting, particularly since it's TPTB who got taken down a peg... and off the show. Makes you wonder how a similar situation might resolve itself on another show...

Comment

Y'know, the Harmon vs. Bellisario thing is kinda interesting, particularly since it's TPTB who got taken down a peg... and off the show. Makes you wonder how a similar situation might resolve itself on another show...
                    Not quite so well, I don't think.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      Not quite so well, I don't think.
                      You're probably right, more's the pity.

Comment

You're probably right, more's the pity.
                        I think Harmon has a lot more *pull* than others I can think of...and I am loving your new sig

Comment

I think Harmon has a lot more *pull* than others I can think of...and I am loving your new sig
                          Burst out laughing when I saw the scene... and then wondered if the writer had been lurking on an NCIS board. Haven't been to any, myself, but I assume they're as fractious and squabbly as SG fandom.

Comment

looking at one show in particular...none of hte actors have the 'star' potential of Mark Harmon

for the most part, actors are a dime a dozen, show writers 25 cents

they'd favor the writers over the actors
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Burst out laughing when I saw the scene... and then wondered if the writer had been lurking on an NCIS board. Haven't been to any, myself, but I assume they're as fractious and squabbly as SG fandom.
                              probably and that is probably why I am still just loving the show very much I stay away from their fandom

Comment

probably and that is probably why I am still just loving the show very much I stay away from their fandom
                                I honestly haven't been able to find the NCIS fandom. I've begun to wonder if it exists. There's a thread on TWoP, but other than that....

And the fanfic that I find is usually ship or slash - for such a team oriented show, there's a surprising lack of team fic. Or at least the places I've looked - it's possible I'm looking in the wrong places.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X