Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    Which part?

Why did you say they wasted Abby?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Oh, because she's become a caricature of herself. Was much more interesting, grown up, intelligent and mature in season 1.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        Oh, because she's become a caricature of herself. Was much more interesting, grown up, intelligent and mature in season 1.

Oh for sure......... 100% agree. They have made her far too cutesy for my liking in recent seasons.

BTW tonight we had a couple of reruns and we had the very first episode Ellie Bishop was in which I found cool because I had never seen her first appearance.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

If anyone still cares, the DVDs for the 14th Season are out.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

thanks, I need to put those on my 'to buy' list
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

They're also bringing in a new woman character, played by Maria Bello.
              Bello will be playing an NCIS agent who was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the army and served two tours in Afghanistan.

After joining NCIS, she built her reputation as the agency’s premier forensic psychologist.

Unlike the other agents, she can second guess and challenge Gibbs, so there will be friction but also mutual respect.

She is a positive force, mischievous and at times acerbic. Her character will be introduced in the season’s fourth episode.
              To me, this sounds awful.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

So she's Jennifer Esposito's character with a different name and back story

I was kinda hoping they'd lay off the new characters for a while. There are times when it seems that Tim or Bishop only get 2-3 lines per episode. They juggle so many characters some of them seem to get a lot of time off.

sigpic

Comment

Sounds awful, but then I've just been so bored by the past few seasons of NCIS. Did a rewatch a while ago and the first seasons were so much better. Don't think I'll be tuning in for new episodes.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    They're also bringing in a new woman character, played by Maria Bello.

To me, this sounds awful.

Seaboe
                    So the newest member gets to do something none of the rest are allowed to??

Comment

Except you know the writers won't let her, in the long term. Or that they'll make her challenges be over petty, useless stuff.

My interest in the series has been waning as they try harder and harder to make the show "different". I don't want different. I want it to be strong mysteries and our nice, small, core cast. I want Ducky, Abby & Jimmy to go back to being continuing characters instead of major characters. I want the small team that can't always find time to do everything (Tim, Ellie, Gibbs and maybe--maybe--one other).

Not that any of that will happen.

Seaboe

Comment

NCIS: NOLA is coming back on Sept, 26 at the usual time.

Comment

Ducky the Younger (Adam Campbell) will be in a new comedy with Tina Fey, called "Great News" this fall. I saw one episode of it and it looks like one of those really silly (but kind of cute) comedies.

He has been a wonderful choice to play Young Ducky.

Comment

So who's seen all the rumor mill on Gibbs being sick, and cause of it potentially leaving the show?

Comment

I have to say I see nothing even remotely factual concerning those rumors. I can see him deciding to retire (I mean, the man is 65, normal retirement age), and of course the fans will be sure it can't possibly because he just wants to.

Seaboe

Comment

All I”ve seen the potential for at the moment is PTSD fallout from the premiere.
                                Spoiler:

He made a call that went bad and almost got him and Tim killed. That’s not something Gibbs will take lightly.

I keep waiting for the time when the show evolves to have Gibbs as Asst director or something to let the others do more of the field work. And they seem to have pushed Bishop forward in her taking care of and running the team while GIbbs and McGee were gone. Now Tim, as senior agent, will need to deal with that, or acknowledge that with a wife with a high risk pregnancy and baby on the way he can certainly benefit from a second/partner at work that is more than capable of taking care of things.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X