Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this might be like another thread but i wanted to hear some thoughts about it

Comment

There's lots of threads about it. They'll tell you : time travel, more galaxies (I doubt that though), different realities...
      May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
        There's lots of threads about it. They'll tell you : time travel, more galaxies (I doubt that though), different realities...
        well i dont think that its time travel because of the way the ancients reacted to the time ship in Atlantis episode 115 before i sleep and i doubt its diffrent realities htey have proved in sg1 haveing more than 1 of yourself in a reality is fatal i think it might be a distance extesion or something i want it to be something cooler tho anyway let me hear you ideas

Comment

what's this about a ninth chevron? i haven't heard anything about it!
          please tell!!!
          sigpic
          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Well noone knows! The Ninth Chevron has not been used once in Stargate's history, it is the final unexplained mystery of the gate, at least the last major one. There are many theories, I personally think it could be the subject of a further spin-off, ofcourse all we know is that the Ninth Chevron will be the point of Origin

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
              what's this about a ninth chevron? i haven't heard anything about it!
              please tell!!!
              the stargate has 9 chevrons usualy only seven chevrons are used to dial the gate, 6 to determine the coordinates and the 7th as the point of origin (season two spoiler below highlight to see) the the fifth race (season two) jack after downloadin the ancient repository of knowledge into his brain builds a device to make the the 8th chevron work it turns out to add a disstance calculation like another area code so far they havnt done anything with the ninth chevron but lots of people speculate about it i wana hear wat you think it is

Comment

What the Ninth Chevron could do? Hmmmm... We can only imagine:

-Dial Pizza-Intergalactica and get us a hot fresh pizza delivered in 30 minutes or less.
                -Take us to an alternate dimension.
                -Bring back Elvis.
                -Time travel to the dinosaur age so you can run away from a dinosaur that's trying to eat you.
                -Take you to an unknown planet.
                -Make us wonder, "Why do they have a Ninth chevron? They never use it!?"

Comment

I have mentioned this theory before, and this is the last time I will bring it up, honest (I'm certain that you'd rather I just shut up about it, so one last time). Anyhow...

I believe that the Ninth Chevron is another distance calculator, allowing the Gate to select a different Galactic group. We know that the 8th Chevron selects other Galaxies, but there are way more galaxies than symbols available for the 8th Chevron. The Local Group of galaxies contains 30 Galaxies, which falls well within the 8th Chevron's symbol numbers. So, my thought is that the 9th Chevron allows you select a different galactic group or cluster, and the galaxies within. With all due respect to the Good Captain Bowman (who doesn't like my theory ), I think this fits well within the established logic of chevron functioning.

YMMV, and as there is no definite data either way, right now it's really for what you want it to be for.

-IMF
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

The ninth chevron balances the Gate, aesthetically-speaking. Until such time as the PTB decide that there's something they want to do and dialling a ninth chevron would be 'just the thing' for it, that's all.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                      The ninth chevron balances the Gate, aesthetically-speaking. Until such time as the PTB decide that there's something they want to do and dialling a ninth chevron would be 'just the thing' for it, that's all.
                      ok ya that is a good answer but that takes all of the fun out of it everyone knows its just there to bring up ratings when they need it but the reason i started this thread is so people could imagine and theorize what it does in the stargate univerese, in the stargate universe its not there to bring up ratingss it has a function and i started this thread so people could have fun guessing at it an reading what other people think, thank you mr. fun sucker (i was going to call u something else but it would offend some people)

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                        ok ya that is a good answer but that takes all of the fun out of it everyone knows its just there to bring up ratings when they need it but the reason i started this thread is so people could imagine and theorize what it does in the stargate univerese, in the stargate universe its not there to bring up ratingss it has a function and i started this thread so people could have fun guessing at it an reading what other people think, thank you mr. fun sucker (i was going to call u something else but it would offend some people)
                        It's nothing to do with ratings; it just looks good like that. The eighth chevron didn't do anything until The Fifth Race, after all.

Anyway, saying what it is actually there for doesn't stop anyone imagining, since the last time I checked, I had no more than a moderate degree of power over the minds of my fellow creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          It's nothing to do with ratings; it just looks good like that. The eighth chevron didn't do anything until The Fifth Race, after all.

Anyway, saying what it is actually there for doesn't stop anyone imagining, since the last time I checked, I had no more than a moderate degree of power over the minds of my fellow creatures.
                          ok fine u got me but what do u think that the ninth chevron is used for IN THE STARGATE UNIVERSE

Comment

It's probably just distance.

Although it was never 100% confirmed, I think it's widely believed the ancients made the Quantum mirror, so it's doubtful the Stargate goes to alternate realities.

It's doubtful it's a time, just because.

Comment

just to help somme here is the reason why it isnt time travel

well i dont think that its time travel because of the way the ancients reacted to the time ship in Atlantis episode 115 before i sleep

but i still want u to think of more explanations and if u disagree with some one say so the more you narrow down the closer you get to what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                                ok fine u got me but what do u think that the ninth chevron is used for IN THE STARGATE UNIVERSE
                                I think the Gates were built to last and the ninth checron is probably a redundant system built in to allow upgrading of the network without replacing all of the Gates. Either that or it's used for dry-firing the Gate to open an event horizon with no wormhole for diagnostic, maintenance or emergency recovery purposes.

Comment

Working...
                                X