Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just thought of something. what if its not really a "9th" cheveron.

i got this idea after looking at the pegasus gates...

what if, its just a chevron ment to dial other 8 locks....
    like. if your tr ying to get to a galaxy. and the gate is dialing, it'll 'lock' in on the left chrvron instead of the right chevron.
    just because the gate cant lock on with the combination of all the others in there respective 'locks'
    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

I don't want to be a buzz kill but logically and as far as I know the Stargate doesn't work that way. The eighth chevron doesn't identify a group of galaxies it is a distance calculation, telling the wormhole to do so far before go to its coordinates, or saying something like, it's coordinates are this far away instead of where you think they are. This would allow for more Stargates. Unfortunately the most plausible explination is that the ninth chevron is just another distance calculation.

Comment

I think I know what you mean, but the ring, or spinning lights would keep moving the stargate wouldn't stop that. Unless you mean something else, in which case I appoligize in advance.

Comment

I still think it's about other dimensions. Distance calculation just isn't exotic enough. TPTB wouldn't do that to us

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
            what's this about a ninth chevron? i haven't heard anything about it!
            please tell!!!
            hey, miss.

The Ninth chevron hasn't been used once, and I believe (after careful consideration) that it actually takes you to meet an ascended ancient, so you can actually talk to a living, breathing ancient.
            He/she could reveal some of the secrets and knowledge of the universe, even the whereabouts of the long-lost FURLINGS. YAAAAY!!!
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I have not had a chance to red all of the replies here yet because there is quite a few, so I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but what if the ninth chevron was a "password" lock, that would only allow certain gates to lock onto their destination after entering the correct symbol. Otherwise the gate might shut down, or be redirected.

Comment

Originally posted by carcatcher
                I have not had a chance to red all of the replies here yet because there is quite a few, so I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but what if the ninth chevron was a "password" lock, that would only allow certain gates to lock onto their destination after entering the correct symbol. Otherwise the gate might shut down, or be redirected.
                Nah cos Anubis had something like that and he aint cool enough to know what the 9th chevron does!

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Humm. Well if you fall into stargate you get tossed out, so I guess that could work. On the other hand I don't think Teal'c would like falling over and geting shot do you? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                    hey, miss.

The Ninth chevron hasn't been used once, and I believe (after careful consideration) that it actually takes you to meet an ascended ancient, so you can actually talk to a living, breathing ancient.
                    He/she could reveal some of the secrets and knowledge of the universe, even the whereabouts of the long-lost FURLINGS. YAAAAY!!!

I thought of that too!

That the 9th chevron is a way to open a wormhole to the realm of the acsended.

Comment

how about, the ninth chevron is to make it look symetrical
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

what if it is to dial any where not just were there is a gate so if i wanted i could dial a planet that hasnt even got a stargate
                        War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

its a "end the universe" button... itll open everygate there is... and blow them up... and then blow up the blown p bits and so on... and then no one will be left
                          "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
                          "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
                          "I shot him. In the leg."
                          "I'm invulnerable."
                          "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
                          "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

The ninth chevron is to change the colour of the chevrons in the galaxy, there is a different code for each colour, you can use the same symbol (and even the PoO) more than once in the sequence so they are literaly billions of different shades of colours. The reason they haven't done this already is that they can't decide which colour to have.
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
                              actually on the DVD cases and aparently all stargate related DVD's, the 7th chevron is different, Its got a gap in the middle. Like in these examples:

Now you could say they strechted it to make it bigger for the box, but there really is no need too, at least the way I look at it.

P.S.- To get these pics I just typed in Stargate DVD in google.

P.S.S.- As near as I can tell, they don't use the special 7th chevroned gate on the show at all.

i am SOOOO annoyed with the designers of the dvd covers.... THEY PUT EGYPTIAN SYMBOLS ON THE STARGATE!!!!!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!! THOSE FOOLS!!!! DO THEY KNOW NOTHING?????

------------------------------

Comment

perhaps the 9th chevron dials to a room with a stargate from each galaxy which can alow you to dial any where in the universe there is a gate for example the ida galaxy or the ori galaxy and any other galaxy with stargates and it has a sideroom full of charged ZPMs and a ZPM maker and a ZP generator to power the gates
                                War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

Working...
                                X