Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101
Results 2,001 to 2,003 of 2003

Thread: All you ever wanted to know about the 9th chevron

Probie

Default Re: All you ever wanted to know about the 9th chevron

My personal theory is . . .

6 Chevrons: ID a point in a galaxy.
    7 Chevron: Origin point.
    8 Chevron: Galaxy ID, defaults to current if not used.
    9 Chevron: Override.

That is Chevrons 1-8 are used in normal use to dial a system ID and it picks up the main system gate or any active gate in that area if the main gate is down. The 9th Chevron tells the system instead to dial a single specific gate code made using the other 8 Chevrons.

So your in the milky way and dial a 7 chevron earth code you get the SG gate as its the main gate for earth or if that's down the back up gate for that system. If you dial 1-9 your telling it to dial specifically the main gate or the back up gate depending on which gate code you enter.

The 9th Chevron wasn't orgin/target/speed/etc it was an override telling the system rather than using the usual target/origin point system to instead dial the Destiny gate direct and if for the sake of argument Destiny had 2 gates in it and the one for that code was destroyed nothing would have happened. It was needed for destiny because it was a far more variable target location but it could work for any gate if you had that gates' 8 chevron ID.

Probie

Default Re: Theory i read on the 9th Chevron...

They did master time travel. Jonas built a timedrive for a puddlejumper and they must have known a solar flare can cause time travel in conjunction with a gate

Probie

Default Re: All you ever wanted to know about the 9th chevron

I have a theory about how 9th chevron works , you may understand it or may not but here is

First we have to understand that destiny follows a path where there are already stargates planted in planets. my believe is that destiny has its own chevron or glyph or whatever you wanna call it and while it travels across the universe destiny leaves a mark in every gate that is at its range , something like " you know destiny was at this location "

now when you dial the 9th chevron what I believe happens is the DHD connects to the stargates network and ask where destiny is at the moment. at some point one of the gate is gonna respond back " TO THE DESTINY " with the message " someone is looking out for your position at determinate coordenates " then the one who creates the wormhole is destiny because it already knows where the caller is. I would not be suprised that this particular gate is capable of both ways travel. I dont know if you get the idea but to me seem possible and logic.

what you think people??