This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kdmjuk View Post
    maybe its an answering machine....if no ones home then it bounces u back? after leaving an imprint....its a crap idea but i thought id just say something wild and stupid
    have you ever read previous posts?
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

By the way Sam's friend Orlin build a stargate that could dial multiple adresses.
      The only problem was that is was build from Earth materials (he ordered them on internet and also used a toaster) so it could dial only once. The materials could only handle a wormhole one time.

Comment

Orlin said his homemade stargate could only dial one planet.
        Originally posted by Craig Charles
        "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          I've always liked the idea that the 9th chevron just puts you through to the speaking clock............
          Would be a bit inefficient. By the time it got to the planet you wanted to know the time for, a week would of passed!

Comment

the toaster for the gate was a joke. jimmy neutron always uses toasters, and mcgyver too i believe. but always if something advanced is made from earth stuff, we need toasters

Comment

wouldnt it make mor sense that the ninth chevron selected a sector of the universe u wanted to travel to

first 6 chevrons: address
              chevron 7: point of origin
              chevron 8: galaxy selector
              Chevron 9: sector of universe selector

also the idea that the ninth chevron connects to a second gate on a planet is kinda stupid b/c wouldnt the ancients just use ring transporters to move great distances on a planet???

btw i just thought of this so dont think i copied anyone
              sigpic

Comment

Galactic Groups makes more sense

Comment

OK..............
                  Spoiler:
                  it's suposed to dial the ship right
                  ?.................so why are we still going over this?

Comment

Because it was never said that it actually dials the ship. All that has been said is that the 9th chevron is used to get to the ship.

Which leaves two possibilities
                    • Either it does dial the ship directly
                      or
                    • it is another distance calculation

I personally think it is the second one

Comment

dialling directly would require too much power. besides, how does the 9th chevron know where the ship is? my idea: chain dialling.
                      the 9th chevron isnt much of a chevron, but a sophisticated command. as soon as it is locked, it, combined with the 8 other chevrons , allows dialling to the next galaxy the ship has been, while drawing power from every gate in the galaxy. then, the recieving gate does the same, then dialling annother galaxy creating a wormhole web. this continues, eventually building up sufficient power to dial the ship. this would draw power from a dozen galaxies. the power generated would be massive.

or: forwarding wormhole. the first galaxy the gateship has been is dialled. it draws power from gates in its galaxy, then dialling the next galaxy, after which it too dials all gates in its galaxy, forwarding the wormhole to the ship.

or: relay wormhole: every galaxy the ship has been to has a few central gate relay stations. they have a powerfull powersource, + device jack used to contact the asgard. the 9th chevron dials these, after which the wormhole is relayed to annother station, continuing untill the ship is reached

Comment

of corse insted of homing in an adress it could be used for widerning

remember the universe is bigger than galaxcys

the 8th tells u what glalaxcy to go to- mabey the 9th tells you what sector of the universe to go to ?

Comment

i said that a while ago about sectors i mean dont we have them in a modern star charts?

also maybe the ship is located on a planet and your technically dialing the planet and not the ship
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dpil236 View Post
                            i said that a while ago about sectors i mean dont we have them in a modern star charts?

also maybe the ship is located on a planet and your technically dialing the planet and not the ship

Remember, there is only one truth, the universe is INFINITE!
                            "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

Thats only an opinion by scientists at this point. No one really knows if the universe is infinite.

read me!
                              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                                Thats only an opinion by scientists at this point. No one really knows if the universe is infinite.

read me!
                                This is stargate universe were talking about, we cant take the stargate and infuse it with reality, its not real if you people have heard it, its a tv show, nothing less, nothing more.
                                "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

Working...
                                X