This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burbank Con Attendees, please report

Speaking for myself, I'm interested in your reactions.

Gilder
    *wondering what all the fuss about Creation is about*
    Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Howdy!
    Just came back home - Sunday was really great. Mike, Chris and Amanda were in such a good mood :-) joking around all the time.
    No Spoilers in the panels since the audience was kinda...mh....conservative? Well, at least you could hear a lot of "shhhhh" when somebody wanted to ask something about an upcoming ep.
    Saturday was also very nice, but no big highlights. They all did their panels and also here a lot of laughter.
    I made some nots but like I said: just came home.

Creation was a bit better than in Pasadena when they rushed us through the autograph and photo op lines. But still time is money for them and they are not very good in handling delays.
    ShimaTsuno.de

Comment

I had a great time at the con. All of the guests were wonderful and seemed genuinely happy to be there. There were minor logistical issues from Creation, but overall it was an incredible experience.

And I'm shouting it far and wide... I GOT KISSED BY MICHAEL SHANKS!!!!
      Webbgirl
      Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
      My Livejournal

Comment

What a great convention! I was a SG-1 convention virgin and now I'm hooked! What is it about Christopher, Michael and Amanda, they just light up the whole room? Especially Chris that man should have his own HBO special.

Airman
        Last edited by Airman; 16 July 2004, 05:44 PM. Reason: Perfectionist

Comment

I was the one CJ dragged up on stage and made sit in his chair! Whoa, Chris! He's a wild man!

Comment

Here is my quick report from my first Stargate con:

My friend, Christy and I had purchased the Gold package, and were very happy to find out that we were in the 3rd row, smack in the middle. I got some good photos from different events throughout the weekend. The entire event was well worth every cent. Overall I would say it was a medium sized event with very few glitches throughout. My only big complaint was that the Sunday morning breakfast had too many fans for the time allotted. And Chris, Amanda, and Michael were late. They did not know that they were not going back to their hotel after the event, so they hadn't packed. They had to rush and pack before coming to the breakfast. Other than that, we were very pleased.

We arrived on Friday evening, into Ontario airport, and had to drive to Burbank. We missed the season premiere since we were on an airplane, but did get to see it on Sunday afternoon as they showed it for us at the end of the day. I wouldn't say the fans were conservative about hearing spoilers... just some of us wanted to see the season premiere without knowing each line of dialogue beforehand. Yes, we were some of the ones that were "SHHH"ing the spoilers.

On Saturday, we got into the convention, found where our seats were for the weekend, and looked at the merchandise. We bought photos for the autographs we were getting, and a couple of the comic books. We also got a "free" gift for being there, which was a nice sized plaque with an 8x10 of Jack O'Neill. Christy and I both also bought the matching plaque that had an 8x10 of Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel on it, and we took it apart to get the 8x10 signed. We got to hear Don S Davis (Gen Hammond), Carmen Argenziano (Jacob/Selmak), and Tony Amendola (Bra'tak) speak seperately-- all of them were total sweethearts!! And we were shocked when Peter Williams (Apophis) came out. He is a lot taller in person, and absolutely hot! And when he started talking, this great little Jamaican accent came out. He was just adorable ;o) We had our photos taken with all but Tony, and also got autographs from each of them. Later that evening, we attended a cocktail party with them, and got more photos with them.

On Sunday, it was more of the same. I didn't participate in any of the auctions, because I was in line for the Photo Ops with the stars when the auctions were happening. Sunday started out with the breakfast. Christy got teary eyed when Chris (Teal'c), Michael (Daniel), and Amanda (Sam) walked in, and I just screamed. I am now officially hoarse from this weekend and the fact that the air in Burbank was rotten this trip. Anyway, meeting Chris, Amanda, and Michael surpassed all expectations. I gave Chris a duck whistle (we both attended U of Oregon) and he blew the duck call out of it, and gave it to his mom (who surprised him at the breakfast). Michael and Amanda were both very sweet, and loved our photo bags that we were carrying -- we had loaded them with Stargate SG-1 pics. Amanda laughed when she looked at mine "I'm guessing you like Richard Dean Anderson". I said "just a LITTLE!"

Later during the day, we heard each of them speak. I am dying for the DVD of this event to come out. We heard lovely stories about flatulence on the set, and how it actually started on the set of MacGyver. Boys will be boys.... We also had the professional pics and got autographs from each of them. I can't even begin to tell you what fun we had and it is hard to remember each and every bit of the events. I will tell you that both Chris and Michael are absolutely hilarious in person. I could have peed my pants several times over things they were sharing with us.

Comment

I had a real fun time, it was just cool to hang out and listen to the stars. Of course i liked Sunday a bit better, but i loved them both. Loads of laughter, I wish they had more merchandise tho. But, oh well, I had a great time anyway.
              I was hoping for 'Rick' (as they call him) to show up and suprise everyone. That would have been wicked.
              Last edited by youngtusk87; 14 July 2004, 07:09 PM.
              "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

I have to agree to most of what you said but still I missed that special kind of con feeling (I've been to a couple of SG cons, been steward... just for the record *winks*) - may it be music videos or other fan competitions than just trivia. I know, I know, since Creation ran an official con they had to stick to MGM's rules...Oh well....
                Still, I had a blast, that's for sure, especially with Chris and Amanda at the Brunch *sighs*

Meanwhile I also got my pics uploaded, you can find them on ShimaTsuno.de under 'Burbank'.
                ShimaTsuno.de

Comment

Great pics you got. The one with Micheal holding a beer makes me laugh when I think back on it. I know what you mean tho, it was nt as big as i was hoping for, and thier werent as many people dressed up as i was hoping for either, lol. BUt i still had a blast.
                  "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

Thanks to all who reported on the Burbank con. It sounds like a good time was had by all. Pictures were great.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice to hear positive reviews of the Creation event. Have heard a lot of negativity about their other cons over the past couple of years.

Gilder
                      Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                        Michael and Amanda were both very sweet, and loved our photo bags that we were carrying -- we had loaded them with Stargate SG-1 pics. Amanda laughed when she looked at mine "I'm guessing you like Richard Dean Anderson". I said "just a LITTLE!"
                        You were the photo bag people? I remember you -- my friends and I were eyeing those bags. Pretty cool.

What seat numbers were you in?

Comment

Working...
                        X