This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoyed at Sky 1 /Rant

Okay okay, I'll take a little blame for not religiously checking the TV guide lately, and not visiting here either (as I'm sure if I had I'd or realised my mistake)... but saying that I'm some what annoyed with Sky 1 promo effort where SG-1 and indeed Atlantis are concerned, I mean its possible I could of missed them before but I've only started seeing the somewhat appauling trailer concerning them this week, and as it happens have thusly missed Avalon part 1

So here I am like an idiot trying to find someway I can see Avalon 1 before its second part airs tongiht. I know these things are frowned upon so I'll say no more, as I never usually stoop to such levels and religious wait for the TV airings, but I am somewhat tick off at Sky 1's handling of SG-1 and Atlantis this season. Splitting them upto different days is also annoying. I used to like my Stargate Tuesdays last season

Poor form Sky. Poor form.

/me makes a note to vist here more often also
    Abyss:

"Damn straight! I'd have busted you out, blown this rat hole to hell and made sure that sonofabitch suffered!"

"The Others would've stopped you."

"They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands."

"You wouldn't do that," Daniel tells him, shaking his head.

"Ba'al would be dead--"

"Jack--"

"And don't think I'd stop there!!"

"You're a better man than that," Daniel says calmly.

"That's where you're wrong!!"

That's why I always make a note to skim through the listings every day!

It was repeated on saturday or sunday again but they definitely ain't showing it before the 2nd part airs.

Comment

I agree with Wayan, Sky's promotion of Stargate this year has been really poor.

Maybe you can tape Part 2 Wayan, and appropriate Part One by other means...I do have a copy I taped and 2 VCRs, so I could tape to tape it and send you a copy...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

sky one has been greatat promo'ing sg1, last year there wasnt any this year they have a 'new stargate atlantis' or new stargate SG1' cheveron thing at every break and for every show ive watching in the last month! the promo has been brilliant IMO.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I've thought its not been bad promotion either.......I've seen the new air dates for both SG1 and SGA quite a few times and they've been airing for at least a week before the S9 started.

Agreed its probably not as hyped as it would have been in the States but there you go. The SkyOne logos with the gate as the O in One are pretty cool too

Comment

I'm not saying the advert isn't clever...but I've seen better ones in previous years...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
              I'm not saying the advert isn't clever...but I've seen better ones in previous years...
              I 100% agree with ya, and they were a hell of a lot better than this years ads for stargate
              If you compare it to the other shows sky is advertising like weeds(im sick of seeing that ad) and i seen an ad saying that threshold was starting in november, sky has put allot of effort into these two shows advertising and forgoten about stargate I think the fans of stargate should email sky and complain about the "under promotion" (for lacking better words) of stargate...Sky have given us some great ads for stargate in the past, but what hapened to them this year

The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I don't remember any ads for SG1 last year...these ones have been on a lot
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                  I agree....I was surprised that there was no mention of the new seasons airings in the latest Sky Magazine (outwith the listings pages).

Comment

I've seen loads of ads on Sky One this year and was surprised by how many there were...as i dont really remember seeing that many ads for them in previous seasons....If you've got Sky One Mix - they re-run the new eps a few days after they've aired on Sky One... im pretty sure they re-run on the weekend as well? but you'd have to check on that as im not 100% sure...

Comment

Check around 7-8 on mix on days after the showing. even a week after they may still show it.

As for advertising, this year they've done pretty damn well, with the jack o'neill marathon as well. They advertised that which advertised the new season as well. After most shows they'd mention the Jack thing, then with the cool Sky One gate thing, they've done a lot more than usual.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Yeah on saturday Avalon is on Sky One again at 7.00 folowed by Atlantis at 8.00 and then the same on Sky Mix on Sunday. It's also repeated every Monday at 8.00 on Sky Mix.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

If you were a Gater and came on here before Avalon Part I you would have seen my sig saying "Attention UK Stargate Fans, Avalon Part I has moved to ..." in bug red letters, and before Avalon there was the clip as mentioned of the Chevron lighting up and saying Stargate SG-1 airs.. Atlantis... I admit I only saw them after SG-1 S9 premier but thats because at the time, I wasnt watching Sky One at all !

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                            I 100% agree with ya, and they were a hell of a lot better than this years ads for stargate
                            If you compare it to the other shows sky is advertising like weeds(im sick of seeing that ad) and i seen an ad saying that threshold was starting in november, sky has put allot of effort into these two shows advertising and forgoten about stargate I think the fans of stargate should email sky and complain about the "under promotion" (for lacking better words) of stargate...Sky have given us some great ads for stargate in the past, but what hapened to them this year

I've already e-mailed them to complain, and they just replied saying we're sorry you don't think we've promoted them enough, but we've passed your comments to Sky One, and hope you enjoy the programmes!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thats there way of passing the buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X