Yep, you guessed it...SG-1 cosplay

...and then one just to be funny

Well...how cool is this! :-) I love it!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
      Well...how cool is this! :-) I love it!
      Ummm...what is it?
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

What exactly is cosplay? I got "Costume Play" but what?
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I like the Doc's shirt!

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            What exactly is cosplay? I got "Costume Play" but what?
            It's just dressing up as characters you like and going to conventions. It's pretty weird and is usually reserved for dressing up as anime character and video game characters since it originally started in Japan. If you look around for awhile online, you'll find pro-cosplayers that actually look AMAZING. However, these guys are far from pro and I just posted it so you guys could get a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
              It's just dressing up as characters you like and going to conventions. It's pretty weird and is usually reserved for dressing up as anime character and video game characters since it originally started in Japan. If you look around for awhile online, you'll find pro-cosplayers that actually look AMAZING. However, these guys are far from pro and I just posted it so you guys could get a laugh.
              Well thanks for posting them.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

hilarious! I'd give u green only it won't let me..

hey I love that Sam is wearing Thor... so funny

Comment

Sam's not wearing Thor That's Teryl Rothery in one of her Heimdal (sp?) outfits (this one looks like a black outfit with a large picture of him taped, or lightly sewn to the front all the way down). She does the voice for that character and had several t-shirts (one with blinking lights where the eyes were) that she wore while filming those scenes to help the actors keep their eyes at the right level for talking to Heimdal. Later she'd be edited out and they'd edit him/her/it in

As for dressing up in Stargate costumes and going to cons, if anyone is interested in that, check out http://www.sg-command.net It's probably the main (I think it's fair to say that) Stargate Costuming and Props group.
                  Last edited by Space Cadette; 19 October 2005, 04:43 AM.

FYI: The Vancouver Convention GateWorld Badge is here!

Comment

what? omgf, I thought it was some joke thingy Stargate spin-off, and random people pose as main characters.

That's Teryl Rothery? would have never guessed!

*feels stupid*
                    Last edited by Erised; 19 October 2005, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                      what? omgf, I thought it was some joke thingy Stargate spin-off, and random people pose as main characters.
                      LOL! Well the others were regular people dressing up for fun, but that last one was a picture of Teryl filming on set.

That's Teryl Rothery? would have never guessed!

*feels stupid*
                      Yup, it's her. Don't worry about it. It's early

Comment

She only did it to help the rest of the cast especially RDA lol

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                          She only did it to help the rest of the cast especially RDA lol
                          That's hilarious, I had no idea. I can just picture RDA staring at Teryl's chest;
                          it adds a whole new dimension to rewatching Thor scenes, lol.
                          Last edited by Crichton; 19 October 2005, 01:46 PM.

Comment

The thing was, that people kept looking at Teryl's eyes when they were talking to her during the Hiemdal scenes -which is what you DO when you're talking to someone! But Heimdal is supposed to be shorter than Teryl so that kept messing things up. So then they got the idea to stick a picture of Heimdal on Teryl's shirt to give people someplace to focus and try to get them to look at the right height. But that didn't always work either. So they tried putting little blinking lights where his eyes were supposed to be to try to FURTHER draw people's attention to the right place. As you've already noticed, this was right about chest level for Teryl. So Teryl had two little blinking lights on her chest which sometimes created more problems during the filming of those scenes than it solved

Comment

That is some of the funniest stuff I've ever heard on this forum. Green for you

Comment

Working...
                              X