48 Hours (514)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
    I never realize Stargate is that old until I see McKay in this, he looks so young. An infinitely rewatchable episode I'd say. McKay is at his cruelest here, the "dumb blonde" remark to Carter is possibly the most malicious thing he ever said in Stargate considering the circumstances. I like to think his time in Russia afterwards taught him something about dealing with people.. (well, a little, at least).
    McKay was just as "malicious" to Radek any number of times in SGA, as well as to others among the scientists.
    Last edited by hedwig; 31 May 2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      McKay was must as "malicious" to Radek any number of times in SGA, as well as to others among the scientists.
      Hmm, more like sarcasm/joking around.. not directly malicious IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
        Hmm, more like sarcasm/joking around.. not directly malicious IMO.
        That's a matter of opinion. When McKay got really angry or worked up about some issue, his insulting comments were most definitely NOT sarcasm/joking around. He did have moments when he was more or less joking, but there were definitely moments when it went way beyond that.
        Last edited by hedwig; 31 May 2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

McKay doesn't know sarcasm. His ego is too big for it.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was watch episode '48 hours' this morning for the...i can't remember how many times. any way i notice an error in one part of the episode and that is when McKay and Sam went to get some dinner and how he said that he allergic to lemons. Well then why did he have a slice of cheese cake on his tray. Any one else notice it?
            http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1000372/ALIMOO1971
            JACK & SAM O'NEILL 4 EVA

Comment

Originally posted by ALIMOO View Post
              I was watch episode '48 hours' this morning for the...i can't remember how many times. any way i notice an error in one part of the episode and that is when McKay and Sam went to get some dinner and how he said that he allergic to lemons. Well then why did he have a slice of cheese cake on his tray. Any one else notice it?
              Maybe it was a cheese cake without lemon - he had asked for sure!
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

I've had cheesecake without lemon in it tons of times (chocolate bourbon, yum). I'm not sure lemon is the default flavor in northwestern North America (which is where this was filmed and where I live).

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

A most excellent episode!!!

You know, I am really enjoying Maybourne this rewatch-- it is bit of a surprise to me since I found him a bit annoying on my other rewatch.

Loved the Harry/ Jack time. Colonel Simmons being found out for keeping a Goa'uld. Ah, McKay ... so arrogant and condescending... it is his beginning. Daniel and Davis negotiating with the Russians to get the DHD, and of course, it gets fried. Most of all, Teal'c gets saved and has no clue, he is just satisfied that his revenge against Tanith is complete!

Comment

Originally posted by ALIMOO View Post
                    There was no error in the cheesecake scene. Cheesecake is made with many flavors, not just lemon. The cheesecake he had would likely have been the plain kind with just a vanilla flavoring.

Comment

So, I just looked at a bunch of different recipes for classic cheesecake ( for the heck of it )and many of them did have lemon juice or lemon zest. Wow! Who knew?

Comment

By the goddesses, how did the character of McKay ever make it on screen?

For one, am I glad they toned him down -- seriously down -- cause phew ... I wanted to smack him upside the head pretty much the entire time.

Then again, I wanted to smack him upside the head the entire time he was in Atlantis too... As irritating as he was.

Anyhow, Maybourne's back to help O'Neill & Friends. At least Colonel Simmons got what was coming to him.
                        Should have been more careful with that camera though.

And , we broke the DHD. Daniel's "That usually never happens" was brilliant.

"Shake it off, Sparky!" -- best line in fact.

Teal'c got his revenge. The Russians are out of comission and Doctor McKay is out of our hair. Couldn't have made for a better ending.

How would you rate SG-1's "48 Hours?"

Excellent
                        Good
                        Fair -- not bad, but not good either -- interesting perhaps... but fair still
                        Poor
                        Terrible

**********EDIT**********

3-episode quiz: 48 Hours, Summit & Last Stand

Jigsaw puzzle: 48 Hours
                        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 14 July 2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I think I like McKay more in this episode than Atlantis. He is not being arrogant just blunt about the flaws of not having a DHD. I once again like this episode for the Starsky and Hutch teamup. Its too bad this is the last one. It's about time they catch Simmons.VHS how quant I give it a good with 6 minutes 43 seconds
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, they ship him off to Russia in the end so...

Also, that VHS tape... ah, those were some good times. I still have a few of those. Even have Titanic on VHS, but no player anymore.

Comment

....he was only eating borscht for a few months
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                ....he was only eating borscht for a few months
                                Considering he likes hospital food, I doubt he minded.

Comment

Working...
                                X