X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorabilia at the SECC, Glasgow

Hey there!

Just wondering if anyone's going to the Memorabilia and Collector's fayre at the SECC in Glasgow next month?

http://secc.co.uk/whatson/index.cfm?...384E74CB0468A1

There's gonna be some guests there, as well as a LOT of dealers' stalls.

It'll run on the 5th and 6th of November, and the guests are:

Anthony Daniels - C3PO - Star Wars
    David Carradine - Kill Bill 1& 2
    and Dean Stockwell - Quantum Leap

More guests to be announced!

http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/pages/news/seccnews.htm

Hope I'll see some familiar faces at the fayre!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Hmm.... Didn't know we had these sorts of things in Scotland! Shows how much i pay attention then. Much SG or Trek stuff there?!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

There's a LOT of dealer's stalls...I mean a LOT...It's definitely worth a visit...they sell autographs too! I went last year...There 2 (I think) every year!
      sigpic

Comment

AAARRRGH! It's the same weekend as SG-10!! AARRGGH!

Anyway, Memorabillia is a total hoot. Over the years I've met Tom Baker (the 4th Doctor & mad as a brush), Shane Rimmer (voice of Scott Tracy in classic Thunderbirds), the late Ed Bishop (voice of Capt. Blue in classic Capt. Scarlet), former Bond girl Caroline Munroe (sigh ), and Mark Allen Shepard (Morn in DS-9).

Oh yeah, and my good buddy John G. got "lifted" by a couple of Imperial Stormtroopers - I've still got the photo somewhere...
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Excellent, today i managed to recruit 2 chums to go to this with. Now all i need is something for Archie Gemmel (the man the legend!) and Dean Stockwell to sign!! I wish that Scotland top i've got still fitted me Why do humans have to grow!?!!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Because life's a total b!tch sometimes!

Still trying to talk former GWer mishy mo into going with me...my LOTR daft friend refused point blank to go...she think's they're all rip offs!

Oh...if anyone's going...you may get the chance the purchase some artwork by moi...I'll be trying to flog them again...sold a sketch of a zat gun last year
            sigpic

Comment

Why can there never be anything like this in Bracknell? This would be much more convient as this is where I live.
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
                Why can there never be anything like this in Bracknell? This would be much more convient as this is where I live.
                There's an old saying, my friend - Who said life was fair?

If life was fair, there'd have been a good, fan run, Sci-Fi con in Glasgow for the past five years, instead of members of the committee buggering off to parts unknown with the majority of the funds (allegedly).
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I miss the days of the Away Team and the cons at the Thistle and Central Hotels...

*weeps*

and I might not get to go to this either....stupid work...slave wages and crappy hours...and no lee-way
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    I miss the days of the Away Team and the cons at the Thistle and Central Hotels...

*weeps*

and I might not get to go to this either....stupid work...slave wages and crappy hours...and no lee-way
                    Chin up kiddo, something will turn up. These things usually do.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X