This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld / Tok'ra Queens

Okay, if the Goa'uld / Tok'ra Queens give birth to genderless symbiotes, where do queens come from???

if they can thenwhy didnt Egeria spawn loads of queens intially, so there would be no problem with the Tok'ra becoming extinct.
    "Fly your ship through replicator dominated space, repair whatever damage may have been done to the time dialation device, and activate it before the replicators can stop you"

Best.Thor.Moment.Evar

Hmmm, good question.

Maybe in the absence of a queen the symbiotes can change their gender at will. Or the symbiotes are one gender but they can breed nonetheless.

A Goa'uld/Tok'ra queen can reproduce asexually so maybe that's how the goa'uld do it and one queen is produced every few thousand years.

Comment

Like the Queen can choice to pass on genetic memory, perhaps they can choice if it would be a queen. Simple?
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
        Like the Queen can choice to pass on genetic memory, perhaps they can choice if it would be a queen. Simple?
        Yes the queen can choice if the symbiote will be a quen or a basic symbiote!
        "L'Homme n'est pas fait pour travailler, la preuve ça le fatigue- Voltaire"

Comment

Has it ever been addressed in the show?? They should've covered something like that...
          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by nantaidsl95
            Yes the queen can choice if the symbiote will be a quen or a basic symbiote!
            If so then as dial the gate! says why didn't Egeria spawn loads of queens?
            "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
            I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
              Has it ever been addressed in the show?? They should've covered something like that...
              Yes the whole subject is rather confusing. I blame that episode 'Hathor.'
              "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
              I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

the theory is that theyu're like bees. only one queen per hive. i mean, look at how many babies hathor had. if there were hundreds of queens having hundreds of children per litter we'd be up to our miktas in goauld (not to mention a distinct lack fo jaffa to incubate them in)

another theory is that, when queens are needed, the queen has a litter, and again like bees, those children are programmed to be breeding queens. if not, then they're rather asexual drones
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't know? The producers and writers probally don't know or haven't thought of a way to tell that in aan episode.

Comment

Little bit of a complex subject.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well if You look at the episode where Sam's Father died, it's said that in order for a Goa'uld symbiote to not Kill it's host with it when it dies, it takes the Symbiote expending a great deal of strength and effort.

Perhaps the same is with Queens? not only do they need so long to incubate within a Human host, but they also have to take a great deal of time and effort, and perhaps the Queen mother can only Spawn one at a time? And if your about to Defy Ra and his policies, you'd rather Spawn a Hundred Tok'ra Symbiotes with the memories you pass along to them than spawn One singular queen that will die with you.

But getting back to the Bee perspective as well, when a Queen bee is needed, the "Potential" queens are fed royal Jelly and grow in larger chambers. The first thing the new queen does (The first one to be hatched) Is kill the other potential rivals. Perhaps there's some instinctual thing that keeps a Queen Goa'uld from making more than one Successor that would kill her.

Comment

The Tokra situation is pretty bad though, while they probably had other queens aside from egeria, currently they seem to have none. They're just...dying out. Pretty sad since they fought the goauld for so long (with limited success, but at some point the thought has to count).
                        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Another question now!: when Egeria spawned loads of tok'ra they needed to be incubated right?, but in who?, did she put them in Jaffa, and then once they reached maturity and took a host, then what?, they would have taken the host involuntarily...what happened?!

There probably isnt a definative answer!

DTG
                          "Fly your ship through replicator dominated space, repair whatever damage may have been done to the time dialation device, and activate it before the replicators can stop you"

Best.Thor.Moment.Evar

Comment

It could just be that when a Goa'uld spawns, only a scant few are actually queens. There's no "control" about it - all you can do is hope for the best.

Egeria, I presume, was a snake of some power. She could have had her own Jaffa, and when the time came, only chose willing hosts. (This wouldn't be impossible - remember that guy in Summit/Last Stand?)
                            [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

well me doing some digging again ^^ (writing in old topics)

for egeria being a "snake" of some power:

deffinitely yes, it is a must in order to stage a future rebellion (have something to start with, in order to incubate host - also that could be, in the right kind of circumstances, surely done in a water tank as well)

secondly: she is a queen so either she was powerful of her own and if not she would have had a "normal" goauld protecting her in order to gain more snakes (as she would give birth to them every now and then...

on that note: how would she spawn new symbiotes if inside a host? would she have to slip out everytime she does?

thirdly: to have sufficient knowledge of the inner workings of the goa'uld (even more the systemlords) she had either be one of them or be the consort of one.

greetings LAX

Comment

Working...
                              X